OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 Apr 2006 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but someone moments from dying in an accident might. Simplest theory. No killer. No evil Clint. No drug deals. No inexplicable suicide. No even exiting the complex. No concocting a story as to why not caught on cam departing, not caught on cam outside. No witnesses keeping silent. No blowing off the afterparty. No blowing off the GF and vacay mum had funded. Just a dumb drunken accident alone in the completely dug up construction area within just feet and just moments of having chatted up the co-eds. Find the remains, close the case.

This is what I think happened as well.

Agree with all of this. IMO, he is not alive, he did not skip town. He was either killed or died by some actions of his own.

Adderall and Coke are worlds apart in terms of potential for overdose. Further, is there any evidence to support your theory of an OD or that he was searching for a drug hook up that night or any, for that matter?

It’s the same post every single time
I’m actually wondering what everyone has missed out on in all these years, not to be able to crack this case open, not even somewhat , and give much needed answers.

It certainly at least feels as if he fell into a black hole and vanished from the face of the earth. And maybe… that’s what actually happened? I feel as if that complex has a thing or two to answer for in regard with Brians disappearance. No trace of Brian outside too during all this time is certainly worrisome. Biggest issue with the accident theory is that no one today can stumble upon Brian remains…LE would have to look for him inside that complex with real pedigree to find something. They don’t seem too keen…. Now 15 years later they are tired…not doing much to find him unfortunately it seems (in any direction)

Brian Shaffer's episode on Real Life Nightmare will air this Sunday at 9 p.m. on HLN.
November 21, 2021, 9-10pm ET/PTMed Student Mystery” (Brian Shaffer)
A handsome, young medical student is out celebrating the start of Spring Break with friends after cramming for medical exams. Brian is clearly recorded on surveillance video entering a bar but is mysteriously never seen leaving.
Hmm. I think they may be on to something...

If anyone hears of a legitimate way for those outside of the viewing region to watch the HLN special, please let me know.

Nov 15 2021 rbbm.
by Bethany Bruner
CNN Headline News series to feature case of OSU student Brian Shaffer
''Sightings of Brian Shaffer still being reported

Since his disappearance, sightings of Shaffer have been reported to Columbus police and the FBI on several occasions. The most recent, in 2020, involved a photo of a man in Mexico that was determined not to be Shaffer by the FBI. His disappearance has also resulted in podcast episodes and other forms of media.

Brian Shaffer:See the 'Real Life Nightmare' trailer for Brian Shaffer episode

The episode of "Real Life Nightmare," a docu-series which focuses on mysterious disappearances and unexplained deaths, will feature interviews with the Shaffer family's private investigator and the host of a podcast dedicated to the case. The episode will be available on-demand after its initial airing.

Anyone with information about the Shaffer case is asked to call the Columbus Division of Police at 614-645-2358.''

November 21, 2021, 9-10pm ET/PTMed Student Mystery” (Brian Shaffer)
A handsome, young medical student is out celebrating the start of Spring Break with friends after cramming for medical exams. Brian is clearly recorded on surveillance video entering a bar but is mysteriously never seen leaving.
Hmm. I think they may be on to something...

Can I ask why you seem to say this is every post? None of us know what happened, so I can’t dismiss your theory. However, to me it sounds like you got into an argument with someone and your own ego made yourself marry this theory.

It’s possible, but you regurgitate this in every single post opposed to considering other options. Over time, I think the “buried under concrete” theory has been proven to be nearly impossible. If he’s somewhere in the building still, I would be shocked considering it has been searched with dogs and by investigators. Yes dogs can be wrong. Yes people can miss things. Yes, there is that story of the dude found behind the freezer. But those combined together seem to be an exception and not the rule.

What makes you certain Brian is in the building and why do you feel the need to state so in every post?

Can I ask why you seem to say this is every post? None of us know what happened, so I can’t dismiss your theory. However, to me it sounds like you got into an argument with someone and your own ego made yourself marry this theory.

It’s possible, but you regurgitate this in every single post opposed to considering other options. Over time, I think the “buried under concrete” theory has been proven to be nearly impossible. If he’s somewhere in the building still, I would be shocked considering it has been searched with dogs and by investigators. Yes dogs can be wrong. Yes people can miss things. Yes, there is that story of the dude found behind the freezer. But those combined together seem to be an exception and not the rule.

What makes you certain Brian is in the building and why do you feel the need to state so in every post?
I am most definitely not certain that Brian's remains are in the complex.

I’m actually wondering what everyone has missed out on in all these years, not to be able to crack this case open, not even somewhat , and give much needed answers.

It certainly at least feels as if he fell into a black hole and vanished from the face of the earth. And maybe… that’s what actually happened? I feel as if that complex has a thing or two to answer for in regard with Brians disappearance. No trace of Brian outside too during all this time is certainly worrisome. Biggest issue with the accident theory is that no one today can stumble upon Brian remains…LE would have to look for him inside that complex with real pedigree to find something. They don’t seem too keen…. Now 15 years later they are tired…not doing much to find him unfortunately it seems (in any direction)

That is pretty much why I always go back to my original theory - that something happened in the complex. Many who rule this out, always bring up that it was 2006 and that the cameras were not as advanced as they are now and that him not being captured leaving must be a red herring.

Well, the cameras in that area were good enough that police were able to account for his movements earlier in the night.

I still don’t understand the scent the dogs picked up outside, or the phone pings after his disappearance. Still, I feel that given how many weird coincidences surround his disappearance, I feel that whatever happened to him had to be unusual.

That is pretty much why I always go back to my original theory - that something happened in the complex. Many who rule this out, always bring up that it was 2006 and that the cameras were not as advanced as they are now and that him not being captured leaving must be a red herring.

Well, the cameras in that area were good enough that police were able to account for his movements earlier in the night.

I still don’t understand the scent the dogs picked up outside, or the phone pings after his disappearance. Still, I feel that given how many weird coincidences surround his disappearance, I feel that whatever happened to him had to be unusual.
I’ve dedicated quite a lot of my time on this case, like many here have. No matter in which direction I go I have a hard time getting past that complex and that something happened in there. Rightly or wrongly…that’s just how it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes