Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #83

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't one of the photos of his old room(?) show a gun hanging on a bookcase or some near the bed? Was red white and blue? Or was that a fake gun?

Brian Laundrie death ruled a suicide by gun, medical examiner confirms

“The cause of death has been determined to be a gunshot wound to the head. The manner of death has been determined to be suicide,” the District 12 Medical Examiner’s office said Tuesday.

So my question is: where is the gun he used to commit suicide with? Was it found near his remains?

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Brian Entin has been in for Banfield this week, doing a great job behind the desk too. Looking forward to hearing his take on this development. He's not letting Gabby's murder go, he was just on it last night in second half of the show. He is awesome imo.

IMO…below is the statement release by the Laundries lawyer, S. Bertolino. After reading it several times, IMO, I feel they are acknowledging the fact their son BL, intentionally or accidentally killed Gabby. The statement part the L’s say,
‘(We) are hopeful these findings bring closure to both families.’ Why would the suicide of BL bring closure to Gabby’s family unless he was at fault. They had to know what he did to Gabby. I believe there is more evidence that shows BL killed Gabby. The L’s could have just have said, ‘they now have closure’…..but they know more, by saying findings bring closure to both families.”

JMOO

Attorney: Brian Laundrie death ruled a suicide by gun

“Chris and Roberta Laundrie have been informed that the cause of death was a gunshot wound to the head and the manner of death was suicide,” Bertolino told ABC7 via text. “Chris and Roberta are still mourning the loss of their son and are hopeful that these findings bring closure to both families.”

"closure" to Gabby's parents and step-parents??? My big fat toenail.
Yes, everything is just fine now. Ahhhhh.
Damm. JMO and I've got plenty more... :mad:

Brian Laundrie death ruled a suicide by gun, medical examiner confirms

“The cause of death has been determined to be a gunshot wound to the head. The manner of death has been determined to be suicide,” the District 12 Medical Examiner’s office said Tuesday.

So my question is: where is the gun he used to commit suicide with? Was it found near his remains?
If the gun wasn't found near BL's remains that would mean someone took it. Guns don't float away. JMO.

If the gun wasn't found near BL's remains that would mean someone took it. Guns don't float away. JMO.

I'm guessing it was found pretty quickly, nearby. But because FBI wants to clear out the case, they need every fact that they would normally get in any investigation. Expert opinion on CoD is one of them, but I'm guessing it was very clear that a gun was there.

It could still be in the muck, which if true, tells us a lot about the difficulties of searching in swamps and ponds. Makes me think of unsolved missing persons cases here on WS.

Since the waters had only just receded, I seriously doubt that anyone found the gun - it was near the body, and underwater, just like the body. IIRC, this spot was BL's "happy spot" just 5 miles on foot from his home, and his parents knew that. I think they also knew he was gone and that he had suicided, from the day they collected the Mustang from the preserve.

Then, they got to go through the media circus (Gabby would be found just a few days after BL's failure to return).

IMO, if BL went to the Carleton with a gun that they knew was missing, and was acting upset (which they have confirmed previously he was acting "sad" IIRC) AND (this being the key IMO) they knew something was going on with GP as her parents were trying to reach them then they should be charged. MOO
If he didn't want to hint what he had in mind, all he had to do was tell them that he was taking the gun for protection from gators, snakes, and other predators, etc. IMO it wouldn't look suspicious since his folks knew that gators and other predators were indeed in those areas.

quick question for those still following this thread. I was here up until the remains were identified as Brian. At that point I resigned myself to the fact there were many answer I won't ever get. What would give you all, my fellow members, closure in this case? Usually we get prosecution, a trial, a verdict, etc. Those things all usually help people move forward/on. But in this case, we have a victim, a suspect, both dead. In a long drawn out apparent murder/suicide situation.

I see some saying where's the gun? I questioned that too. More than likely buried in mud and muck or stuck beneath some debris or storm damage. If the gun were found would that give people closure? Somehow I doubt it. Those who theorize that the L family helped hide him, were in contact with him while missing, etc. will never move from that theory. So what brings closure for those folks? There will be no prosecution of the L family for their lack of cooperation while Gabby was missing. So what else?

I am not being snarky, just genuinely curious about my fellow members and what will offer them closure.

I figured he shot himself most likely that same Monday night he left home. My feelings have always been that the parents were clueless but suspicious. If I recall, they did go to the Reserve to look for him, but it was raining that first night. After that Monday night, the part of the Reserve he was at was flooded. If I was in his parents situation, I would think he did something terrible to himself. I can't imagine what they were going through. I am sure they would have rather he be in jail where they could see him.

Their adult son put them in such a terrible position. Sad for everyone involved.

I agree with much of what you wrote.
There is so far no reason to think he actually confessed the truth to his parents or hinted about suicide.

I think at first they were in denial, and I believe most of us would be in a similar situation. It's human nature to have hope about our children... they hoped the story he told them was the truth; they hoped he was really just seeking solace in nature. They must have been worried about him, but I don't think they immediately really thought he might harm himself.

I don't know what mistakes they made, but I don't feel they deserve the suffering they are undoubtably going through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert