Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Each child is different. Each will react differently to the experience.

Quite true.

But I do think it interesting that you point to the sister and say it's all fine there. So foster mom was a good mum to her and they bonded but she was not good to WT?

I am not claiming that she was not good to WT. It's clear that he didn't take to her as being his mother and I guess that would not be an easy thing to experience for some 3 years.

However, I do think it was highly irresponsible of the FM to not fully supervise him at that property, given his age and now that we also hear that he was boisterous and 'jumping out of his skin' at the time.

Hi all,
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I've been reflecting on the change of language coming from the new NSW police commissioner and can't help but wonder whether it was a coincidence or political strategy that this VERY public investigation kicked off just before her appointment was announced. It's a risky approach, and I wonder if that was done to either protect Karen We b or throw her under the bus ...

Any thoughts?

William's sister has not been named. People refer to her as Lindsay (LT) as the result of a journalist assigning her that name for the sake of a podcast series.

As a foster child, the law here protects her privacy and that law extends to the foster family.

Given the degree of suppression orders involved, I'm not even sure that the foster parents could choose to 'out' themselves even if they wanted to.
Thank you for explaining that, I wasn't aware it was a pseudonym.

IIRC, something new emerged (from the inquest?) that triggered police to request more time and the displeased Coroner said to go ahead but be quick.

As I've said here before, even if police were to uncover human remains that could be identified as William's, they would still have to make a solid case that a particular individual was directly responsible for his death and that it was not accidental.

Getting someone charged and before a court would need the DPP to be convinced that there is a good likelihood of a jury convicting that person, or those persons, beyond reasonable doubt, which is a big ask in this situation IMO.

Frankly, I think the police would need a confession.

I doubt anyone will ever be charged over his death. Even if a cause of death is determined, without a confession, prosecution won’t be able to prove intent to kill or reckless indifference.

Even if there is DNA linking a person, that doesn’t prove that the person was responsible for his death.

I think the most they will ever get is charges stemming from post death acts and, depending on who is charged, possibly making false police reports/giving false evidence etc.

Hi all,
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I've been reflecting on the change of language coming from the new NSW police commissioner and can't help but wonder whether it was a coincidence or political strategy that this VERY public investigation kicked off just before her appointment was announced. It's a risky approach, and I wonder if that was done to either protect Karen We b or throw her under the bus ...

Any thoughts?
An operation of this magnitude would surely have taken weeks to organize before it actually started? At that time, it prob wouldn't have been known who would be the incoming Commissioner? imo.

Second attempt at a response ..

It doesn't matter. A child has a strong connection to his birth family. [physically, emotionally, psychologically] The first 7 months of his life he was nurtured, breast fed, talked to solely by his bio-mum. Then separated from her, probably shifted around for awhile, then given to another family to be cared for. It creates confusion.

Two women telling him that they are 'Mum'. Confusion, for sure.

Meanwhile, every month he would be hugged by and loved on by his bio mum and that triggers a strong innate emotional response in the child.

Yes, and I am looking for a quote that can add more to that. I need an index!

Has anyone noticed in interviews etc how FM has subtle digs about William’s behaviour whilst also painting herself as mother of the year? Once you notice it you see it constantly.

He was ‘very masculine’ seems a strange description too. I get the impression there were real problems there with her ability to accept him as he was and couldn’t control him as she would have liked.

Just an observation.

The other thing she does is explain things like why the cadaver dogs picked up no scent of him leaving, which don’t need to be explained by her.

‎Where's William Tyrrell?: Aftermath on Apple Podcasts

William Tyrrell: Inside privileged life of foster mother, why she hates Spiderman photo | Daily Mail Online

Quite true.

I am not claiming that she was not good to WT. It's clear that he didn't take to her as being his mother and I guess that would not be an easy thing to experience for some 3 years.

However, I do think it was highly irresponsible of the FM to not fully supervise him at that property, given his age and now that we also hear that he was boisterous and 'jumping out of his skin' at the time.
How is it 'clear' he didn't take to her being his mother? Any links for that?

Has anyone noticed in interviews etc how FM has subtle digs about William’s behaviour whilst also painting herself as mother of the year? Once you notice it you see it constantly.

What I do notice is her fervent efforts to paint William as rather more passive than he is portrayed in this Sutton article:

William Tyrrell: Inside privileged life of foster mother, why she hates Spiderman photo | Daily Mail Online

He was ‘very masculine’ seems a strange description too. I get the impression there were real problems there with her ability to accept him as he was and couldn’t control him as she would have liked.

Just an observation.

That's a quote from the FGM's statement. I would have liked to hear more from her.

Second attempt at a response ..

Two women telling him that they are 'Mum'. Confusion, for sure.

Yes, and I am looking for a quote that can add more to that. I need an index!
Not sure what you're looking for? Can you elaborate?

Photo from Daily Mail showing the FFC. I have seen this photo a few times and just thought she was wearing a blue brooch on her shirt.
50946505-10236047-The_foster_mother_said_that_taking_in_children_as_foster_parents-a-8_1637832548867.jpg

The foster mother said that taking in children as foster parents was something she and the foster father had always wanted to do

But, I looked into the brooch today, and found that it was actually a campaign ribbon to support "The Where's William" Campaign.

where-is-william.jpg

Where's William Campaign - Australian Printed Ribbon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members