Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sep 2014 - #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since she is under a foster arrangement, wouldn't some kind of case worker also be involved? I very much doubt police could have filed false charges here even if they had wanted to, and why would they jeopardize their overall case like that?

FACS would've been informed and done/doing their own investigations, along with LE IMO

Huh aren't the current searches under her order?? Why would she be unhappy??

Police who have identified a new suspect in the hunt for the killer of William Tyrrell are liaising with Deputy State Coroner Harriet Grahame, who has postponed handing down her findings into his disappearance.

The coroner had signalled she would be delivering her findings in June but that was delayed amid internal conflict over who police believe was to blame, The Daily Telegraph can reveal.

After all of those months of inquest hearings, including delays caused by COVID, and then being ready to publish findings based on those hearings, to have the police announce out of the blue that they have a new suspect and need to go digging up half of Kendall would be grounds for annoyance for anyone involved.

But it has to be done.

No Cookies | Daily Telegraph

You forgot about NSW LE possibly being sued. IMO

No I didn't forget.
The statement was regarding whether the Foster couple have been charged or not.
They HAVE been charged. The OP implied that they had not been charged and that
the police were waiting until August 2022 in order to determine whether to charge
them or not. And that is merely the court appearance date.

Any inference regarding Law suits for wrongful assault charge was not even a part
of the equation. IF the couple are innocent , they might take legal action however that
totally depends on the circumstances, AND the outcome regarding the search for William
In my opinion.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

They have been charged with this crime and the child removed from their care.

<modsnip>

It’s hardly gossip from the local shop that gets a child removed from their home and then the parents are charged.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the article which I have read, but it appears you missed the main point of my question ..... I cant find any information in this article about the Coroner being unhappy????
JMO

IIRC that was a comment between journos discussing the subject of police performance throughout this whole saga and what could be expected to be said on that subject by the Coroner. I remember thinking fair enough, too.

Do we know for sure that the common assault charge actually relates to William's sister? Could it be another child? Removing William's sister just protocol.

Extracted from: William Tyrell Foster Parents Charged with Common Assault
“As part of ongoing investigations under Strike Force Rosann, detectives from the Homicide Squad received information relating to the suspected assault of a child at a home on Sydney’s Upper North Shore,” a NSW Police spokesperson said.

Each were charged with common assault just hours after police had applied for an avo against the pair. You can read about the AVO against William Tyrell’s foster parents here.

The statement went on to read, “As part of ongoing investigations under Strike Force Rosann, detectives from the homicide squad received information relating to the suspected assault of a child at a home on Sydney’s upper north shore.”

The pair are scheduled to appear in Hornsby Court House on 23 November 2021.

However, earlier this year the Chief Magistrate of the NSW Local Court released a memorandum which allowed many appearances to occur by email.

Police who have identified a new suspect in the hunt for the killer of William Tyrrell are liaising with Deputy State Coroner Harriet Grahame, who has postponed handing down her findings into his disappearance.

The coroner had signalled she would be delivering her findings in June but that was delayed amid internal conflict over who police believe was to blame, The Daily Telegraph can reveal.

After all of those months of inquest hearings, including delays caused by COVID, and then being ready to publish findings based on those hearings, to have the police announce out of the blue that they have a new suspect and need to go digging up half of Kendall would be grounds for annoyance for anyone involved.

But it has to be done.

So, the Coroner has not reportedly stated that she is/was 'unhappy'. That article says nothing about her being unhappy.

She has given police her coronial orders, and they are carrying them out.

Previous post (for reference)
Australia - Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #65

Last edited:
Do we know for sure that the common assault charge actually relates to William's sister? Could it be another child? Removing William's sister just protocol.

“As part of ongoing investigations under Strike Force Rosann, detectives from the Homicide Squad received information relating to the suspected assault of a child at a home on Sydney’s Upper North Shore,” a NSW Police spokesperson said.

Each were charged with common assault just hours after police had applied for an avo against the pair. You can read about the AVO against William Tyrell’s foster parents here.

The statement went on to read, “As part of ongoing investigations under Strike Force Rosann, detectives from the homicide squad received information relating to the suspected assault of a child at a home on Sydney’s upper north shore.”

However, earlier this year the Chief Magistrate of the NSW Local Court released a memorandum which allowed many appearances to occur by email.

Well FFC claimed that LT would have to grow up as an only child without William and we were told that LT had been removed from their care. So I think it is a reasonable assumption to make that the article is referring to LT.

Defensive and vindictive.

Which some feel it's justified, makes me uncomfortable. But they always do, and its hard to put my finger on what that is other than my hinky metre alert.

The 'usual' innocent family 'usually' say to the cops.....bring it.
The quicker you get to my skeletons the quicker we can get to the real perp.

just sayin o_O

I can only speak for myself, but I usually see guilty people get vindictive at the police for looking at them.

moo

BBM Agree 100% Even after reading it again just now I have no idea why such a hostile post was made?? And no further updates since? Big red flag IMO

What does everyone make of this post on the official WT facebook page?

Curious how the FP know that this is "fake news"? Thoughts?

FAKE NEWS CAUSES MORE HEARTBREAK FOR WILLIAM’S LOVED ONES
It’s almost 7 years since William was abducted and once again we find ourselves preparing to deal with the grief and loss compounded by years of not knowing what happened to our boy or where he is.
Imagine waking up to an unsubstantiated article published by a large NSW media outlet claiming that a “senior officer” within NSW Police has shared that they have a NEW person of interest, whilst inferring that this heinous crime is on the brink of being solved. Once again we are forced to watch others objectify William for personal gain.
Time and time again we’ve watched people lose sight of the tragic reality that William was a precious, innocent little boy who was taken from those he loved and who love him deeply, forgetting that there is a heartbroken family waiting in hope that William will be found.
To publish unverified claims, without consideration to the hurt that articles of this nature cause is disrespectful and devastating to everyone who knows and loves William.
A ONE MILLION DOLLAR reward is waiting for the person who can lead police to William – that’s one MILLION REASONS to make the call to Crime Stoppers NOW on 1800 333 000. Make the call and help bring precious William home to the arms of those he loves and who love him...
#WheresWilliamTyrrell #WheresWilliam #OneMillionReasons #MakeTheCall #CrimeStoppers #MissingWilliamTyrrell #BringHimHome #HelpBringWilliamHome #BringWilliamHome #NeverGiveUp #KeepHopeAlive
To learn more about William please visit his website: http://www.whereswilliam.org/

IMHO, it appears to verge on "saving face".

We don't know that William was abducted.

"Once again" is stated twice indicating frustration:

Once again we are forced to watch others objectify William for personal gain.

I'm unsure how this statement makes sense? I don't know of anyone that will personally gain from a further investigation into the disappearance of William?

...and once again we find ourselves preparing to deal with the grief and loss compounded by years of not knowing what happened to our boy or where he is.

Were there similar statements made by the FP's every time a new POI was investigated? If not, why not and why now?

"William was"
"who knows and loves William"

Change from past to present tense.

Stating it is FAKE NEWS doesn't mean it is untrue.

MORE HEARTBREAK FOR WILLIAM’S LOVED ONES

The priority is the FP's in this heading statement, not finding William. Is it to evoke sympathy?

Here we have the FP's who feel the need to protest their innocence and tell us "not knowing what happened to our boy or where he is."

All IMO.

Yep not hard to erect some screening. The public don't need to be privy to everything. This search seems to be inviting media coverage. Can you imagine being William's bio mum seeing them find a Spiderman suit. Totally unnecessary IMO

It's at odds with what the police are doing in Victoria with the Russell-Clay case. They've given a general area but no specifics, no media allowed, if journalists do turn up no photos.

I wonder if this is just because it's different states, different cases or if this is a deliberate strategy from LE?

And if it's to apply pressure to the POI, why would this "crack" them if they haven't cracked for 7 years?

I don't understand the psychology of it. I have faith in NSW police but I'm curious about the criminal mind.

If you've been able to endure 7 years, what is it about finding remains that triggers a criminal into confessing?

I think she's referring to his shoulder injury. IMO

There was no mention of a shoulder injury in that article, how is that relevant?

There are a bunch of different quotes from him & without the transcript it's hard to put them in order/context

But he also apparently said this

“I do remember having that feeling, sensing something was wrong.

“[It’s] making me sound crazy.”

William’s birth dad: ‘Something was wrong’

He really only came up in the context of statements the bio grandmother made. I think it was suggested some of her statements were unreliable because they conflicted with his inquest testimony, but as demonstrated by the link I provided, that's not actually the case.

It's definitely not my intention to suggest the bio fam are in any way suspicious. IMO they've been cruelly treated through all of this

You’re correct, I commented that IMO paternal Gran is unreliable. I linked the article to explain my reasoning - William’s Dad stated he couldn’t recall speaking with his Mum on the phone ‘at all’ that morning, yet her statement said otherwise.

You did quote further from the article, but I don’t see what relevance it had to my original point?

For clarity, the birth family were only mentioned at all because someone else made a statement RE the circumstances around William and his sister coming into care. No-one is sleuthing them or accusing them of being involved in William’s tragic disappearance. I have utmost sympathy, for his Mum in particular. Regardless of how William came to be in care, it stands to reason that the expectation would be that he was safer, which is sadly not the case as he is essentially missing from care under mysterious circumstances.

As it stands, I believe William was failed by all adults in his life and I’m here in the hope that he is finally found and laid to rest with the dignity and respect he deserves, no matter how that comes about.

But it has to be done.

i think this a different interruption. There had bee n many.

The court listing was published online, then subsequently removed. Unless they have another child with the same initials, it's William's sister.

We can't really know because it's all suppressed. However, the media, in the same breath, reported that WT's sister had been removed from their care.

Very reasonable to assume it was against LT, but just thought that there was a possibility that the common assault by FFC and MFC could have been on another child. which resulted in William's sister being removed from their care because of the assaulting behaviour by them as Foster Carers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blue's Clues