Deceased/Not Found CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a point I was trying to make upthread- you shouldn't need a warrant to allow LE to do a preliminary search of common areas of the building and to let them know if she had authorized access to the building for example. The parking garage, hallways, anybody who walks up and voluntarily lets you inside their apartments or wants to voluntarily talk to you. Of course you need a warrant to enter any private residences or areas presumed to be private but that preliminary search might have saved LE days or weeks by quickly identifying where to search and who to investigate. Range Rover not in the garage? OK lets quickly look at surrounding garages... There might even be evidence that is now lost as a result of the delay. The civil suit I expect on behalf of her son is for extending the mental anguish of not knowing what happened to your mother, fearing for your own safety from that uncertainty, possibly wrongful death if the building management did anything to contribute to her death (like a dangerous garbage chute, letting your buddy sell drugs inside who then kills someone, helping to conceal evidence, or if she was plausibly alive for days). People file for a whole lot less and we have only just started to see what the whole story looks like- the Ex- seems to be very savvy.

But IIRC, it wasn't LE asking the building for access to do a preliminary search, it was Heidi's friends and ex husband asking the building for access.

That was a point I was trying to make upthread- you shouldn't need a warrant to allow LE to do a preliminary search of common areas of the building and to let them know if she had authorized access to the building for example. The parking garage, hallways, anybody who walks up and voluntarily lets you inside their apartments or wants to voluntarily talk to you. Of course you need a warrant to enter any private residences or areas presumed to be private but that preliminary search might have saved LE days or weeks by quickly identifying where to search and who to investigate. Range Rover not in the garage? OK lets quickly look at surrounding garages... There might even be evidence that is now lost as a result of the delay. The civil suit I expect on behalf of her son is for extending the mental anguish of not knowing what happened to your mother, fearing for your own safety from that uncertainty, possibly wrongful death if the building management did anything to contribute to her death (like a dangerous garbage chute, letting your buddy sell drugs inside who then kills someone, helping to conceal evidence, or if she was plausibly alive for days). People file for a whole lot less and we have only just started to see what the whole story looks like- the Ex- seems to be very savvy.

I don't think we know enough about how HP died (assuming LE is correct that she's dead) to say who might or might not be targets in a hypothetical future civil suit brought on BW's behalf.

But I'm pretty sure there won't be a suit (or certainly not a successful one) against the H&F for "extending BW's mental anguish" by requiring warrants. Claims of that sort (inflicting emotional distress type claims) require a defendant's action to be outrageous, extreme, and reckless.

H&F's actions were none of those things. It was entirely correct to require warrants for the security tapes and for many of the searches. And I am sure the LAPD knows that. And we don't really know how much delay, if any, was caused by the need for warrants. Certainly there was no reason to allow JW and HP's friends to roam around the building after the dog was returned to JW.

While it's been reported the dog was found within hours of HP leaving the game, he wasn't returned until many days after HP disappeared anyway. JW explained he didn't think about the dog's chip. Then according to JW, once he knew somebody had found the dog because of the chip (unclear how that worked exactly), he still waited 4-5 days to look at HP's phone and text messages to see where the dog was and who had him! That was a big delay that makes absolutely no sense IMO. I guess he was busy arranging to get full custody of BW? But until JW learned that the dog was at H&F, and until he conveyed that information to LE, LE had no reason to ask to search there anyway.
JMO

I wonder if HP has life insurance and if so, when was it obtained and who is the beneficiary.
JMO
I’ve wondered about that, too and hope so for BW’s sake. Since she has been the primary financial support person, she might have had to provide it through the Custody agreement. I don’t remember seeing that she set herself up as an LLC, so maybe she has been an employee with coverage.

I saw this article this morning. An interesting item is that while Heidi's friends don't know of a connection with the H+F bldg, they have since spoken to some of the staff who said they recognize Heidi and her dog.
A 39-year-old mother has been missing from Los Angeles for more than 6 weeks. Her ex-husband believes her disappearance may be connected to her job in finance.

Yeah, about that...I am not sure if this is just sloppy and inaccurate reporting, or whether it is yet more of the almost never-ending inconsistencies being given by those talking to the media. The friends claim they were unaware of any connection Heidi had to H+F, but in another report, one claimed to have picked her up at H+F once at some point in 2020. Regardless of whether or not she knew the reason why, and since Heidi had a vehicle and they were supposedly friends, I would assume that she probably did know why, or if not, probably asked, but regardless, Heidi clearly, at least once, had a known connection to H+F. I am at the point where I take almost anything I read with a grain of salt, unless it is an official statement from LE. JMO

I don't believe police departments script private citizens/family members of victims. Asking them not to reveal things is not the same as asking them to say certain things, which may or may not be true.
i can think of one case it happened. i cant remember the name but it was a pregnant gf and the bf did it, and LE scheduled a press conference w the bf and her parents and her parents knew but had to play along. in VA i believe.

Key fobs; did she have access to a key fob assigned to a unit in the building? A cool thing about places like mine we have key fobs we need to use for parking garage, elevator, and front door. A physical key is used for stairwells that are locked. I know my building is able to pull a report specific to the key fob as well as dated records showing when a key fob was used for entry. It won’t show exit but it does show entry each time it is used to get in a door or even get the elevator moving if programmed that way. Like mine doesn’t restrict which floor I go to but I need to scan it if I want the elevator to move.

They could get a data pull and look for repeated entry exits during a certain time frame and the building would (should) know if anyone was scheduled to do moving to rule it out. But that may not matter if she was sent down the shute. Then we would rely on if her car had been moved at all... there has to be footage on elevators if those were used; I doubt anyone was really trying to do an indoor 5K up and down the stairs. So they could pull every key fob swipe for certain dates; I really doubt the building attys would be like “oh nope overly broad and unduly burdensome” my building was able to pull the info for me in less than 30 minutes.
thats how they identified the guy who killed Mia Marcano as well.

LA sanitation picks up the garbage and brings it to a transfer station. Then it goes to a landfill. Jmo

or if not LA sanitation, then a private sanitation company since its a multi residence building. But same thing. It goes to a transfer station then to a landfill. Jmo
thats how these guys victims were disposed of and they found one in the transfer station.

Sex offender accused of killing 4 women describes co-defendant as a man without a conscience – Orange County Register

Searching for residential underground parking near 1201 S. Hope returns a building at 1100 S Hope St, just off the ally.
Luna S Lofts- luxury condos
I can’t get the direct link to paste thanks to an Ad here.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatea...St-Apt-1704_Los-Angeles_CA_90015_M14130-59748
Nice, how are you searching underground parking garages? I have been trying too on some parking sites but it won't let me filter to just see underground so I can only see that if I click on it. But they mostly seem to be commercial parking, not residential buildings which is where they said hers was found a few blocks away. Where on this Luna S Lofts do you see it is underground parking?

Nice, how are you searching underground parking garages? I have been trying too on some parking sites but it won't let me filter to just see underground so I can only see that if I click on it. But they mostly seem to be commercial parking, not residential buildings which is where they said hers was found a few blocks away. Where on this Luna S Lofts do you see it is underground parking?
This isn’t the original link I found but it is for the Luma S Lofts-
1 br, 1 bath Condo - 1100 S Hope St Apt 1704 - Condo for Rent in Los Angeles, CA | Apartments.com

It’s safe to assume that most of these high density residential buildings have some amount of underground parking. In Seattle it is a big deal when developers try to build without parking because it is close to transit but this is LA; there is some kind of parking for these buildings, just because it doesn’t show up as public parking doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. Check tax assessor records; usually there are drawings and you can also dig into permitting and it will show what has parking and where.

According to the caustaic landfill website, the landfill is part of A Waste Connections Inc.
Address search to verify pick up schedule—H&F address does not come up.
Pickup Schedule - Waste Connections

I don’t think H&F trash goes to Caustaic

yesterday while in a mini mall parking lot in Los Angeles County I noticed the dumpster itself had printed on it the company responsible for picking it up. Anyone checking video footage in the H&F area may want to be on the look out for that.

on another note I find it hard to believe that JS would be involved if this was just tied to the business. I mean he had to know everything would point to him since her name was literally on all the paperwork and I am not sure what her death would accomplish if he is still knee deep in illegal business practices. Unless of course this had to do with their personal relationship hmmmm IMO

this case kind of reminds me of the mcstays in that there r numerous people with a motive. my gut is it is tied to whatever was going on out of that building because she was possibly engaging in something unsavory there since her friends do not know her connection to it. All jmo

very sad a boy lost his mother.

Garbage in, garbage out.
About the “transfer station”…
It’s used for storing waste collected from household bins, not dumpsters used in multi family building or commercial locations. Separately I found a phone number to call the City of LA to ask who picks up waste at 1201 S. Hope; in case if someone would like to explore this conundrum, let me know. :eek:

CLARTS and Landfills

Garbage in, garbage out.
About the “transfer station”…
It’s used for storing waste collected from household bins, not dumpsters used in multi family building or commercial locations. Separately I found a phone number to call the City of LA to ask who picks up waste at 1201 S. Hope; in case if someone would like to explore this conundrum, let me know. :eek:

https://www.lacitysan.org/san/faces/home/portal/s-lsh-wwd/s-lsh-wwd-s/s-lsh-wwd-s-cl?_afrLoop=11009854829470952&_afrWindowMode=0&_afrWindowId=null&_adf.ctrl-state=v7xq80ahj_78#!%40%40%3F_afrWindowId%3Dnull%26_afrLoop%3D11009854829470952%26_afrWindowMode%3D0%26_adf.ctrl-state%3Dv7xq80ahj_82
It’s safe to assume that most of these high density residential buildings have some amount of underground parking. In Seattle it is a big deal when developers try to build without parking because it is close to transit but this is LA; there is some kind of parking for these buildings, just because it doesn’t show up as public parking doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. Check tax assessor records; usually there are drawings and you can also dig into permitting and it will show what has parking and where.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SalmonElla