MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, shooting at Oxford High School, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents*

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO These parents are emotionally stunted and act like adolescents attempting to assert their autonomy.

They refused to bring their son home because they wanted to assert their authority with the school.

<modsnip>

They went awol to assert their autonomy with the DA who was trying to infringe on their 2nd amendment rights.

They refused to be babysat by their lawyer or answer her calls or show up on time for their arrest, or move up their arrest time to earlier in the day. Gotta assert that autonomy one more time. They can’t be bossing me around.

Psychologically this projection or displacement of anger on to others protects them from facing their responsibility for four kids being killed this week, from the guilt and pain.

I think the parents greatly underestimated how LE would respond to their adolescent power play.
All MOO.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Allie_Elisabeth

McClaren Hospital where Oxford community is gathered to support the family of Justin Shillings, one of the four teens killed this week. Justin is an organ donor and the crowd is here so that when his body is moved for surgery his family can look down and see the love and support

Attachments

• F264C5A2-DDAB-42B4-8D7B-AA74670ADE8D.jpeg
    F264C5A2-DDAB-42B4-8D7B-AA74670ADE8D.jpeg
    140.9 KB · Views: 45
JMO These parents are emotionally stunted and act like adolescents attempting to assert their autonomy.

They refused to bring their son home because they wanted to assert their authority with the school.

<modsnip>

They went awol to assert their autonomy with the DA who was trying to infringe on their 2nd amendment rights.

They refused to be babysat by their lawyer or answer her calls or show up on time for their arrest, or move up their arrest time to earlier in the day. Gotta assert that autonomy one more time. They can’t be bossing me around.

Psychologically this projection or displacement of anger on to others protects them from facing their responsibility for four kids being killed this week, from the guilt and pain.

I think the parents greatly underestimated how LE would respond to their adolescent power play.
All MOO.
SOOOO very well said and IMO spot on!!

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

The news is reporting there is a manhunt for the parents. We aren’t jumping to conclusions, simply following MSM. I guess the parents could have stopped for food on the way to court. Probably just running a tad late, rush hour, holiday shopping… :cool: :rolleyes:

@Allie_Elisabeth

McClaren Hospital where Oxford community is gathered to support the family of Justin Shillings, one of the four teens killed this week. Justin is an organ donor and the crowd is here so that when his body is moved for surgery his family can look down and see the love and support
What a beautiful gesture and outpouring of love from the community. This whole thing is just heartbreaking.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
<self snip>

Quite possibly they felt vilified or unsafe in their community immediately after the shooting and went to an undisclosed location. I personally feel their concerns for safety are very convenient for them now, when they haven't been located to be taken into custody. Methinks they wanted a lot of distance from their home, but not for their stated reasons. I think they knew these charges were coming.

They have always known the facts we have only recently become aware of. The purchase of the gun for him, the videos, the texts, the drawing, the fact they were told to get Ethan out of the school and to a counselor. They knew those things as they occurred. Safety concerns my rear end. MOO

Last edited:

<modsnip>

All MOO.
THIS!!! You said it perfectly. No accountablity for their actions or their sons and it's not just starting.

I hope we don't learn that she actually instigated what happened - but my hinky sense is turned on.

I also hope that this case continues to get publicity and that all around the US, this sets a precedent for the courts to act on such cases.
Yes, and maybe give schools more power as well to act maybe or somehow make a difference in the future…

U.S. Marshals
@USMarshalsHQ

2m
The US Marshals have adopted the case of the search for James and Jennifer Crumbley, the parents of the accused Oxford HS (Mich.) shooter. The USMS Detroit Fugitive Apprehension team is working in conjunction with the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office on the search.
------
this post is from 2 minutes ago. so it appears the Crumbleys are not yet in custody. This is about as updated as it gets.

U.S. Marshals
@USMarshalsHQ

2m
The US Marshals have adopted the case of the search for James and Jennifer Crumbley, the parents of the accused Oxford HS (Mich.) shooter. The USMS Detroit Fugitive Apprehension team is working in conjunction with the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office on the search.
------
this post is from 2 minutes ago. so it appears the Crumbleys are not yet in custody. This is about as updated as it gets.

Have they totally lost their minds? moo

ETA: Hope they aren't suicidal. I would be.

^^double this. Bullying is terrible, unfortunately it happens. But it is no excuse, and I hate that it could be called the “motive”.
If you're a bullied kid, just turn around and punch someone in the nose, or kick him/her, or --best thing to do -- report it to the teacher and the principal and to the parents of the one who is being bullied.
I am not yet buying the bullying thing here -- yet. It certainly is possible. It could boil down to a "is in the eye of the beholder," or a "he said/he said kind of thing.
I do wonder about what the parent conference covered on the morning of the shootings.

The parents of the teen accused of fatally shooting four people at a Michigan high school have been charged in connection with the rampage, prosecutors announced Friday. James and Jennifer Crumbley have each been charged with four counts of involuntary manslaughter.

Parents of Michigan school shooting suspect charged

I am trying to follow your reasoning here. The parents are charged with involuntary manslaughter which has nothing to do with if their son is a minor charged as an adult or a minor charged as a minor?

Involuntary manslaughter (also called criminally negligent manslaughter) occurs when a person is accidentally killed due to someone else's criminal negligence, or when someone is killed during another crime, where the intent was not to cause bodily injury or death. Unlike a murder charge, involuntary manslaughter means that a person had no intention of killing another, but due to their careless or reckless actions caused the death of a human being.
Michigan Involuntary Manslaughter Law - FindLaw

Their neglect of their son's issues and the threat he posed, their purchasing and making a available to him a weapon, their refusal to take him from school that day after the meeting with administration about the threat/drawing, all contributed, even if it was not their intention, to the murders their son committed. but for their actions (or inactions as they case may be) those four students would not be dead. So the charges are appropriate IMO

Rather than admit the school was right and their son needed help and they had missed it, rather than admit they were bad parents, it was more important to them to protect their egos. So they project their anger on to the school and refused to take him home as an F U to the school. They wanted the school to know they can’t boss them around. They had no problem with their son drawing guns or shopping for ammo and the school is being dumb. Boys will be boys. Grab em by the p*****. Don’t Tread on Me. Etc.

All MOO.

I agree with both of these posts.

I would also add that I noticed a projection of anger onto immigrants in JC's letter. Complete lack of personal responsibility, and blaming others for her and her family's challenges. JMO.

I hope that the parents turn themselves in to their NEAREST law enforcement, ASAP. If not, I can forsee even more violence. JMO.

So they left before the shooter’s name was released. They could have gone to Canada immediately.

I'm wondering if that's why they weren't at his hearing yesterday and only appeared on ZOOM.
If you're a bullied kid, just turn around and punch someone in the nose, or kick him/her, or --best thing to do -- report it to the teacher and the principal and to the parents of the one who is being bullied.
I am not yet buying the bullying thing here -- yet. It certainly is possible. It could boil down to a "is in the eye of the beholder," or a "he said/he said kind of thing.
I do wonder about what the parent conference covered on the morning of the shootings.

It's possible he was targeted for bullying but he didn't have the support or given proper advice on how to deal with the bullying.
We'll have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member