Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #139

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a minute. So this guy, KAK, was arrested 4, almost 5 years ago, is known to LE, and they are now asking for individuals to step forward?

Why? Why now? What's changed?
It's interesting too because LE didn't give his name in the statement/video even though they've known for years. I would think that would be pertinent information for a call to action like this. Maybe it's another example of LE being, for lack of a better word, stingy with info?

Personally? I think either LE just never found the link to the catfishing until recently. I think they found the communication on Kegans device and linked it back to Libby rather than discovering it on Libby's device.

Just based on the affidavit, I think they saw communications on Libby's phone from this guy. I think LE tried to obtain IP addresses from everyone Libby spoke to on Snapchat, Instagram, and whatever other apps she used. I think that's how they got the subpoena and search warrant for the Peru address so quickly. They may have asked him where he was on the dates of the murder and if plane tickets showed he was in California or Las Vegas (as mentioned in the affidavit), they may have tentatively ruled him out for the murder at that time based on that. But once the feds see CSAM, they do not just let cases go - they investigate and prosecute even if not directly related to their original crime. JMO though

Something is fishy here. The ISP video of last night said they are looking for the person who created the anthony_shots profile.

Yet the PC affidavit says Kline was interviewed on 2-25-17 and admitted to FBI he created the anthony_shots profile. It's right there in black and white. https://www.wishtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/Kegan-Anthony-Kline-PC.pdf

It's on page 1 and was efiled with the court on 8-19-2020. My math isn't that good but 2-25-17 to 8-19-2020 is about three and a half years.

How does this jive?

Here is the court record on his current case:

State of Indiana v. Kegan A. Kline
52C01-2008-F4-000254
Court Miami Circuit Court
Case TypeF4 - Felony 4
Filed08/19/2020
Status08/19/2020, Pending
Charges35-42-4-4(b)(4)(B)/F5: Child Exploitation with intent to arouse or satisfy the sexual desires of any, 35-42-4-4(d)/F5: Possession of Child *advertiser censored* with an aggravating factor found in 35-42-4-4(e)(1, 35-42-4-4(d)/F6: Possession of Child *advertiser censored*, 35-44.1-2-2(a)(3)/F6: Obstruction of Justice def. knowingly or intentionally in an official proceedi, 35-42-4-4(c)/F6: Possession of Child *advertiser censored* possession of photos, etc. showing sexual conduct b, 35-42-4-4(b)(2)/F5: Child Exploitation Disseminate, exhibit, or offer to do so; send or bring into I, 35-42-4-4(b)(2)/F4: Child Exploitation enhanced by an aggravating factor found in 35-42-4-4(c)(1)., 35-43-5-3.8(a)/F6: Synthetic Identity Deception def. knowingly obtains, possesses, transfers, uses s, 35-42-4-4(b)(2)/F5: Child Exploitation-Disseminate, exhibit, or offer to do so; send or bring into I, 35-42-4-6(c)/F5: Child Solicitation Solicitation is for sexual intercourse. Def is 21+ years old an
Parties State of Indiana, Miami County Probation Department, Kline
Attorneys Sinkovics, Achey, Lee

Something is fishy here. The ISP video of last night said they are looking for the person who created the anthony_shots profile.

Yet the PC affidavit says Kline was interviewed on 2-25-17 and admitted to FBI he created the anthony_shots profile. It's right there in black and white. https://www.wishtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/Kegan-Anthony-Kline-PC.pdf

It's on page 1 and was efiled with the court on 8-19-2020. My math isn't that good but 2-25-17 to 8-19-2020 is about three and a half years.

How does this jive?

52C01-2008-F4-000254
Case TypeF4 - Felony 4
Filed08/19/2020
Charges35-42-4-4(b)(4)(B)/F5: Child Exploitation with intent to arouse or satisfy the sexual desires of any, 35-42-4-4(d)/F5: Possession of Child *advertiser censored* with an aggravating factor found in 35-42-4-4(e)(1, 35-42-4-4(d)/F6: Possession of Child *advertiser censored*, 35-44.1-2-2(a)(3)/F6: Obstruction of Justice def. knowingly or intentionally in an official proceedi, 35-42-4-4(c)/F6: Possession of Child *advertiser censored* possession of photos, etc. showing sexual conduct b, 35-42-4-4(b)(2)/F5: Child Exploitation Disseminate, exhibit, or offer to do so; send or bring into I, 35-42-4-4(b)(2)/F4: Child Exploitation enhanced by an aggravating factor found in 35-42-4-4(c)(1)., 35-43-5-3.8(a)/F6: Synthetic Identity Deception def. knowingly obtains, possesses, transfers, uses s, 35-42-4-4(b)(2)/F5: Child Exploitation-Disseminate, exhibit, or offer to do so; send or bring into I, 35-42-4-6(c)/F5: Child Solicitation Solicitation is for sexual intercourse. Def is 21+ years old an
They're not looking for the creator, they're looking for screenshots/messages of those that interacted with the creator.

This kind of stuff makes me curious.....

Might KAK have shared stuff with BG, like, a possible meetup that he had scheduled, or might BG have some how duped victims, posing as KAK?

"Investigators also found a discussion of sharing links with child *advertiser censored* files on Dropbox with another party who is not identified in court documents."

Man behind 'anthony_shots' account charged for child *advertiser censored*; docs don't tie him to Delphi case

If They are looking for whoever created the account it’s possible that KAK did not create it he just used or shared it. In one of the articles it said that there were two raids in Peru. The first one led to the second one where KAK was found. I don’t know if that was poor reporting or even relative.

Lol, no, I didn't even think to scroll through his timeline to check that.

That's really interesting. I wonder if that's around the time he realized he was under suspicion, and he sought to try and throw off LE.

I think that entire employment/education history is a fabrication.
alibi building....

Timing is alarming.

Agree totally MG. This is the most interesting nugget so far.

Wait a minute. So this guy, KAK, was arrested 4, almost 5 years ago, is known to LE, and they are now asking for individuals to step forward?

Yeah it's interesting timing... If he has an alibi and POTENTIALLY whatever evidence they have from the crime scene doesn't match him/the evidence is insufficient, I can see why they ruled him out in the beginning.... but there must be something they're stuck on with the Tony account that gives them pause right?

What we know is that they want more of the Tony account's victims to come forward. They never mention K by name in the video, I just feel like they have someone else in mind who was linked to those accounts, someone that is potentially not K?

MOO

From the article
On Feb. 27, 2017, Kline contacted investigators to tell them about a device that was not seized. That device, an Apple iPhone 5c, was obtained by ISP on March 2, 2017. Investigators say a forensics exam found many items had been wiped from the device, including web browsing history. Several social media apps had been uninstalled.

JMO, LE isn't putting their cards on the table yet. We don't know what we don't know about any connections, but it doesn't mean there aren't any.

LE has alway s

He recently provided police with new information about another cell phone that he had used for his catfishing/underage *advertiser censored* activities in 2016-2017. LE found the phone and had experts download as much data as possible. It's listed in the probable cause statement, redacted. My assumption is that there's something in this new tranche of information from the 2016-2017 phone that has made them suspect he or someone with access to the phone was involved with Abby & Libby's murders. JMO

It's interesting too because LE didn't give his name in the statement/video even though they've known for years. I would think that would be pertinent information for a call to action like this. Maybe it's another example of LE being, for lack of a better word, stingy with info?

Or maybe they didn't want to publicize his name so that people who came forward with tips would have to give it themselves without it being fed to them thus giving it more legitimacy

How does this jive?

52C01-2008-F4-000254
Case TypeF4 - Felony 4
Filed08/19/2020

Maybe he bought the profile off of someone else

I'm sure this case must have been referenced in these threads at some point, I don't remember it. Chilling.

While we're waiting, this is a link to a juvenile sextortion cybercrime case that I've been following for years. The crimes were committed against juveniles before, during and after the murder of Libby and Abby. The perpetrator was finally sentenced this year.

It illustrates just how difficult it is to solve a cybercrime case and the number of agencies involved but it also gives insight to the lengths a perpetrator will go to get what he wants. There were 375 victims. And the perp used many different aliases.

The perp lived in CA and his victims were in Plainfield, Indiana, not far from Delphi. Coincidentally, Doug Carter worked on the case. Why the perp chose that area, I have no idea. I also have no idea whether he worked alone.

Is there a link to Libby and Abby? I don't know but it's been on my radar. Learning that this case possibly started with a cybercrime and its proximity to Delphi prompted me to take another look at it.

Child Predator and Cyberterrorist, Buster Hernandez, aka "BrianKil," is Sentenced to 75 years in Federal Prison

If They are looking for whoever created the account it’s possible that KAK did not create it he just used or shared it. In one of the articles it said that there were two raids in Peru. The first one led to the second one where KAK was found. I don’t know if that was poor reporting or even relative.

I just wanted to clarify, if by “two raids in Peru” you’re referring to this sentence “This is the second search warrant that has been served in relation to the Feb. 13 killings of German and Williams…..” the news report goes on to mention the other was not in Peru also, it was the Bicycle Road search.

FBI searches Peru home, finds no link to Delphi killings

I just wanted to clarify, if by “two raids in Peru” you’re referring to this sentence “This is the second search warrant that has been served in relation to the Feb. 13 killings of German and Williams…..” the news report goes on to mention the other was not in Peru also, it was the Bicycle Road search.

FBI searches Peru home, finds no link to Delphi killings
I saw that but no this definitely said they both were in Peru. I will try and find it

Maybe he bought the profile off of someone else

Let’s not give this guy a pass, his admissions alone are utterly despicable. The evidence was found on his phones, under the profile name. He didn’t claim someone gave him the phones.

“Kline allegedly told investigators that he would find girls on Instagram and then have them move the conversation to Snapchat. He said he believed he received pictures from approximately 15 underage girls and received around 100 sexual pictures of girls.

“There were CSAM (child sex abuse material) filed that depicted female children approximately 12 to 17 years of age, posing nude and/or partially nude; and/or performing a sex act on themselves. There were files located which depicted children between the approximate ages of 3 and 11 engaged in a sex act with an adult,” on his iPhone 4, according to court documents.”
Man behind 'anthony_shots' account charged for child *advertiser censored*; docs don't tie him to Delphi case

Last edited:
So it appears the Peru residence may’ve been shared with his father.

“According to court documents, ISP first encountered Kline in 2017. ISP and the FBI were conducting a search warrant on Feb. 25, 2017 at a Peru address that is redacted in the affidavit when it was discovered that an adult male going by “anthony_shots” online was soliciting underage females on social media. A subpoena sent to Comcast for an IP address led investigators to a residence in Peru. That same day, ISP, the FBI and the Peru Police Department executed a search warrant in Peru at an address that is also redacted in court documents. According to investigators, Kline and his father were inside the residence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chumbug