Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #139

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two hypothetical possibilities:

1) KAK was in a dark web group sharing images and videos of girls they were catfishing, as well as conversations where addresses were displayed. One of the group focuses on A&L for whatever reason (maybe because he recognises them from real life). The murder links back to KAK because him sharing the info online set the killer on to them.

2) KAK was being paid by a group for photos, videos, and even addresses and meet ups. Let's say anthony_shots is able to arrange 10 meet ups with 10 different girls. KAK gets paid for all of those, and 10 different men show up to those encounters depending on location or whatever. One day, one of the meet ups results in a murder. KAK knows he is partly responsible, but has no idea of the identity of the people he speaks to online.

I can see something along those lines being the case here, and why KAK is unable to roll on the killer - because he doesn't know them beyond being some anonymous guy in a dark web chat room.

I’m still absorbing the news and trying to make sense of it.

They have KAK. If he’s not BG, do they think others had access to the profile or to Dropbox? Or - is KAK BG, and they can’t break his alibi nor have enough DNA and therefore can’t charge him with Libby and Abby’s murder, so they are seeking other victims to put him away?

They were finally able to get Jesse Matthew for Morgan Harrington’s murder when they got him for killing Hannah Graham. I am probably repeating what others have already said. :(

Yes, that was amazing and a blessing. It doesn't happen often, but it's possible. DNA evidence helps.

He's the right type of person that I always thought the killer was.

A loser, loner, sexual predator, who is capable of hiding in plain sight. Nothing remarkable about him at all, and forgettable in every way.

I don't think we're looking for some sort of master criminal here, like something out of a Hollywood movie.
bbm
The Delphi community wouldn't be "shocked" at all, if it was him. At most for the duration until he was caught. IMO

Whether this awful man has anything to do with Abby and Libby, unfortunately I have doubts. But I am feeling sorry for Both Libby and Abby's families now, as this new info could insinuate that the girls were meeting boys online which might be construed in a negative light, but which might not be true at all.

Whether this awful man has anything to do with Abby and Libby, unfortunately I have doubts. But I am feeling sorry for Both Libby and Abby's families now, as this new info could insinuate that the girls were meeting boys online which might be construed in a negative light, but which might not be true at all.

JMO, normal people aren't going to view Abby and Libby or their families in a negative light, even if that were the case. Maybe thoughtless, sanctimonious people, but those are pretty rare and usually ignored or dismissed with :rolleyes:.

This is what concerns me most.

On February 25, 2017 at approximately 7:30 PM, Kegan’s polygraph was concluded and he was transported back to his residence. The Digital Forensics Examination Report shows at approximately 9: 19 PM, the user of the iPhone 5c started to uninstall and delete apps from the phone. At approximately 9: 19 PM, the user uninstalled and deleted Snapchat. At approximately 10: 14 PM, the user uninstalled and deleted Instagram from the phone.

The evidence contained in these applications were destroyed when the user deleted them from the device before turning it into law enforcement.

….
Why? He just handed over multiple devices with enough damning information. To delete Snapchat less than 2 hours after returning from his poly, I think he knew where the phone was during the search. Why hold this phone back and delete these two apps?

Source: https://www.wishtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/Kegan-Anthony-Kline-PC.pdf

My guess is he already knew his goose was cooked at that point in time. However, my gut says it was nothing but a CYA attempt because there was something far worse on the 5c than what LE was aware of. Or maybe he was still in regular contact with other minors and he told them to delete everything. I could see a couple options that in that moment would have proved to be even worse in the moment, either proof he had recent contact with Libby and/or Abby or photos/videos of KK engaging in sexual abuse of a minor. One gets you looked at for a double homicide, one gets you an even longer prison sentence than just possessing and distributing CSAM. Of course just having more possession charges against him would likely mean a longer sentence.

I read this part of the PCA over and over. I'm assuming LE wanted his current phone, the iPhone 5c, and he is telling them he left it in another bag. So they confiscate his older phones. He goes for a polygraph. Two days later, he contacts LE, stating he located his iPhone 5c. By now, he's deleted data.
So if the phone was "located" by the suspect, and it wasn't in another bag in Vegas, how did LE not find it during the execution of the search warrant? It turns up 2 days later, apparently with data deleted. Where was the iPhone 5c? Who had it?
And if LE searched the house thoroughly, and the dad and son didn't have, where was the step sister, who also used the phones? MOO

I'm curious if KK knew LE wanted to speak with him prior to returning from Vegas or if it was a surprise visit. I'm also curious if there was an actual search of the residence or KK or just an interview. In the PC, it just says those devices were seized, but that could be handed over voluntarily or found through a search. I suspect KK had it on his person or maybe had it hidden somewhere in the house. I do not think for a moment that phone was ever not in KK's possession.

I'm also not sure the step-sister actually used the phone. I interpreted the PCA as KK using his step-sisters name as another alias to communicate with young girls and maybe play out some weird fantasy in his head. However, I suppose it could have been a device they both had access to or a device that his step-sister had used in the past.

I have not been able to find pictures of KAK from Feb 2017. I saw the concert shots on his FB but is it him? They are not clear but the person/people in those shots look thinner. If he was in LV or CA for the jobs he claimed to have there would be ID photos that we haven't seen yet. Not sure if he was there or just trying to create an alibi because shortly after those posts he was in Indiana. He seemed to wipe his pic off the internet.
Another note what made LE get a warrant for him back in 2017 and why did they wait till 2020 to arrest him? Hopefully LE took pictures of him in 2017. The fact that he erased his sm platforms is concerning and imo he is either bg or knows directly who bg is and was trying to cover his a.s for the csam.

KAK as the actual BG seems highly unlikely. I haven't seen all the FB pictures of him, but it doesn't sound like he was 100 lbs lighter in 2017 to make the top end of the weight range and 6 ft is quite a bit over 5'8....or is it 5'10....I have seen both heights! Either way he doesn't fit physically. Also the second sketch shows a man with copious amount of wavy hair.

I wonder if he was SC friends with Libby with the fake profile and he happened to see the SC picture of Abby on the bridge and snap chatted (is that the terminology?) a similar minded friend that lived in Delphi. Don't those messages disappear? Something like "hey, one of my girls is on the bridge."

I think KAK playing the role of setting people up with girls is more likely.

JMO, normal people aren't going to view Abby and Libby or their families in a negative light, even if that were the case. Maybe thoughtless, sanctimonious people, but those are pretty rare and usually ignored or dismissed with :rolleyes:.
Agreed. If the catfishing aspect is true, they were naive young children doing what naive young children do. The only one to blame is the adult(s) who took advantage. MOO

off topic a bit, just a note for readers to check out the Podcast Hunting Warhead - gives you a good idea how so many people can be connected to each other all over the world and eventually meet in person etc to share child abuse materials and opportunities. Potentially what may have happened here.

Why? He just handed over multiple devices with enough damning information. To delete Snapchat less than 2 hours after returning from his poly, I think he knew where the phone was during the search. Why hold this phone back and delete these two apps?

It was probably his first opportunity to delete it all.

I have noticed on Instagram when people write "new account" they are usually trying to explain why they don't have a lot of friends or followers (like a normal, legitimate account would have). In some cases it might really be a new account that someone had to make for a real reason but most of the time these are scammers or people who are using Instagram for nefarious purposes (such as directing users to OnlyFans or other *advertiser censored* sites, or for scamming people out of money, for example). In this case, it was to try to make the account look like real person in order to catfish young girls.

I think people usually write "new account" so their friends and followers can unfollow the old ghost account and be sure that this is the persons "active" account. I don't think it has anything to do with the owner caring about follower count.

With LE recently exposed to the underground world of sharing media with awful abuse with the Cassidy Rainwater case. Could they all be related to the same Dark Web pages I wonder. It sounds like they have uncovered something big on the DW recently.

I have not been able to find pictures of KAK from Feb 2017. I saw the concert shots on his FB but is it him? They are not clear but the person/people in those shots look thinner. If he was in LV or CA for the jobs he claimed to have there would be ID photos that we haven't seen yet. Not sure if he was there or just trying to create an alibi because shortly after those posts he was in Indiana. He seemed to wipe his pic off the internet.
Another note what made LE get a warrant for him back in 2017 and why did they wait till 2020 to arrest him? Hopefully LE took pictures of him in 2017. The fact that he erased his sm platforms is concerning and imo he is either bg or knows directly who bg is and was trying to cover his a.s for the csam.

<modsnip - reference to another individuals social media> I'm not great at judging weights, but if he is 6' tall, I don't see a single picture of him in 2015-2017 where his weight is under 250 and that is probably being pretty conservative.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip> I'm not great at judging weights, but if he is 6' tall, I don't see a single picture of him in 2015-2017 where his weight is under 250 and that is probably being pretty conservative.

Check his myspace page. Also on his twitter there are thinner pics from 2016.

I'm not convinced either way.

Last edited by a moderator:
He is very close to the killer and knows who the killer is. JMO.

P.S. could the killer be a very good hacker? And perhaps, moving to a different building was explained by the need of better protection?
In the current climate a person doesn't need to be a very good hacker or really a hacker at all to remain anonymous online, even while on the surface web or using mainstream apps. You can just walk into Walmart and buy prepaid smartphones with cash. Until retailers start archiving security footage tagged with those phones' IMEI (and there will still be people online selling them for bitcoins) and the user exclusively uses that phone for their illicit activity and doesn't carry it around side-by-side with their "real" phone then that phone will not be connected to them. Believe me when I tell you that the shady parts of the internet are crawling with idiots.

I think Kline was probably too deep into the online stuff to juggle all the different phones he clearly had but a violent offender like Chadwell may have only ever turned on his "real" phone that is linked to the Facebook we know about when he wanted to create alibis and craft his official image.

https://twitter.com/HLNTV/status/1468591309866872842?s=20

HLN
@HLNTV

·
7m

#Delphi Murders update - "Down the Hill" podcast host & HLN Producer
@NewsyBarbara
reports: A mysterious social media profile is fueling "a great deal of momentum in this case, more momentum than I've seen in a long time." https://cnn.it/3lMiYuB #AbbyAndLibby #LibbyAndAbby

——
Two points that give hope:
-her understanding is the phones have been ringing
-she suspects more information to come about in the coming weeks

Two hypothetical possibilities:

1) KAK was in a dark web group sharing images and videos of girls they were catfishing, as well as conversations where addresses were displayed. One of the group focuses on A&L for whatever reason (maybe because he recognises them from real life). The murder links back to KAK because him sharing the info online set the killer on to them.

2) KAK was being paid by a group for photos, videos, and even addresses and meet ups. Let's say anthony_shots is able to arrange 10 meet ups with 10 different girls. KAK gets paid for all of those, and 10 different men show up to those encounters depending on location or whatever. One day, one of the meet ups results in a murder. KAK knows he is partly responsible, but has no idea of the identity of the people he speaks to online.

I can see something along those lines being the case here, and why KAK is unable to roll on the killer - because he doesn't know them beyond being some anonymous guy in a dark web chat room.
I think your theory of being unable to roll is spot on.
M[][]

I still think Chadwell is the most likely candidate as the actual killer. More likely than Kline anyway. Kline is quite simply too fat.

I think we should not assume we know all the possible players because clearly we don’t. I’d go so far as to say we know nothing - up until now, we didn’t know catfishing may’ve been involved. For that matter, until the media told us of JBC or KAK, their names were unknown as well.

Iirc JBC was a possible connection because he might’ve been homeless, he enjoyed the outdoors and camping and had a thing for bridges. The persona that’s been customized for him makes him more of a one man show as opposed to a connection to online predators engaged in pedophia. We know nothing of KAK and people his age who he might associate with.

Who knows what tomorrow might bring but my hope is pieces are coming together to bring the families justice, finally. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member