AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn’t the dog trail cut through from the back yard to the driveway? Specifically at the end of the driveway where it meets the road?
I have no evidence as to SW’s capability maneuvering the trails in her yard but if someone carried her up the dog trail to the driveway, couldn’t a dog still pick up her scent, depending on the type of dog?

How Search-and-rescue Dogs Work

Tracking dogs work with their noses to the ground. They can follow a trail of human scent — typically heavy skin particles that fall quickly to the ground or onto bushes — through any type of terrain. These dogs are not searching, they're following. Tracking dogs need a "last seen" starting point, an article with the person's scent on it to work from and an uncontaminated trail.

For a tracking dog, time is an issue. If a child disappears from a school playground or an inmate escapes from a prison, a tracking dog can be called in to follow the person's scent immediately after the disappearance, before other search groups and law-enforcement personnel contaminate the scent trail.

Air-scent dogs, on the other hand, work with their noses focused toward the air. They pick up human scent anywhere in the vicinity; they don't need a "last seen" starting point. Whereas tracking dogs follow a particular scent trail, air-scent dogs pick up a smell carried in air currents and seek out its origin — the point of greatest concentration.
Thank you everybodhi. Imo, someone could have either carried Summer either way, or both. Or Summer could have walked either way, or both. Or, one way and not the other? The k9 nose thinks differently that ours. Thoughts?

Last edited:
December, do you have a link for which specific prison they brought dogs in from that first night (June 15-17th?) and for how long? Trying to find which dogs/handlers were utilized initially. TIA
I tried to look somewhat tonight and I am not getting anything useful.

This was just something DW said, he didn't give specifics.

But, i will keep trying.

Oh please don’t let this be Summer.
I hope it is Summer so that the police can begin searching for the perps. Cough cough. No matter who made her disappear, it’s time to move on with investigating, charging and prosecuting the killer(s).
The chances of EVER finding her are minuscule. Dead or alive. That’s the reality.

CarolynV said:
KCSO: Human remains found Saturday evening in East Knox County | wbir.com

The article indicates that they are currently unable to determine the age or sex of the deceased due to the condition of the remains. Even considering animal scatter and weather conditions, if the person was clothed when they were left in that location it would seem that would give some indication of age or sex. Shoes would be especially useful.

I’m afraid that if someone dumped a child’s body they probably destroyed the clothing or kept it for a trophy.
MOO

Does anyone know if there would have been snow or ice in East Knox county yesterday?

CarolynV said:
KCSO: Human remains found Saturday evening in East Knox County | wbir.com

The article indicates that they are currently unable to determine the age or sex of the deceased due to the condition of the remains. Even considering animal scatter and weather conditions, if the person was clothed when they were left in that location it would seem that would give some indication of age or sex. Shoes would be especially useful.

I’m afraid that if someone dumped a child’s body they probably destroyed the clothing or kept it for a trophy.
MOO

Does anyone know if there would have been snow or ice in East Knox county yesterday?

The weather was unseasonably warm yesterday in the entire SE. The high in Knox County was in the 60s.

Any indication if the victim was found randomly by a member of the public or by LE? (I can't read the link.)
I hope they are identified quickly. If they have to use DNA it might take awhile. :(
Rest in peace.
It sounds like it was a random member of the public

"The Knox County Sheriff's Office said that they received a call about some possible human remains found at around 5 p.m. on Dec. 25."

Any indication if the victim was found randomly by a member of the public or by LE? (I can't read the link.)
I hope they are identified quickly. If they have to use DNA it might take awhile. :(
Rest in peace.

It doesn't say. The last paragraph is: "Additional information, such as the nature of the remains or how they were found, was not immediately available. This story will be updated when more information is available."

Hi, sk716, can you reference these images to what has been used in the media as the 'hollow' in Summer's case? I'm concerned that even locals might not have the correct/appropriate area. TIA and happy holidays!

To me the "hollow" is that little valley below the hill where the Wells live that is filled with cars. You can watch it fill with stuff as you scroll through the images. I'm not sure who that patch belongs to, though.

I'm going to err on the side of caution and say that either they don't have a skull, or the skull they have is roughly adult sized. I think if any of the remains were the size of a five year old they would have indicated as such.

This general latitude was warm yesterday. Little Rock was in the 70s and I put the window fan back in. Supposed to be in the 60s and 70s all week. The Kingsport forecast is similar, but they're expecting some showers.

To me the "hollow" is that little valley below the hill where the Wells live that is filled with cars. You can watch it fill with stuff as you scroll through the images. I'm not sure who that patch belongs to, though.
We are speaking country and southern terms when defining The Holler:
The holler is the recessed area (aka valley) between the Wells' property and the road about where the crick is located. The crick on Wells property is pretty much dry except when there is a rain and it fills a few inches then dries up again. The Holler (by definition) is not where the old car wrecks are parked in the Wells yard. In country and southern terms, the holler is always a valley. It is recessed. I am stating this as MOO from knowledge of life's experiences, as I don't have the energy to dig up links. However Google is your friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member