Found Deceased Belgium - Dean Verberckmoes 4, w/babysitter Dave de Kock 34, Sint-Niklaas, 12 Jan 2022 *Arrests*

From the article above it seems that Dave was a partner of mom’s friend. Maybe they didn’t know him very well? . All my friends and family in the Netherlands are on a lookout for him and a car . Let’s hope the message spreads into neighbouring countries and people call in.
That’s how I understood it as well. Parents left him with suspects partner and he took Dean when the partner threw him out. I don’t know why she wouldn’t call police right away as he wasn’t supposed to take off with the child.

Moeder van ontvoerde Dean (4) smeekt: “Laat mijn zoon op een veilige plek achter, dat is het enige wat ik vraag”
(
Mother of kidnapped Dean (4) pleads: "Leave my son in a safe place, that's all I ask")
SBM

“Dean had minor surgery on Tuesday, and I took care of him at home all night on Tuesday,” says mother EV. For medical reasons, she was unable to pay attention to her son on Wednesday. She arranged for Dean to spend one night with one of her friends in Sint-Gillis-Waas: friend R. and her partner Dave De Kock.

snip

Sometime during that week, Dave De Kock and his girlfriend had gotten into an argument. She had put him at the door: "Leave!" “He left Friday night, and he took Dean with him,” the mother says. Why he did that is unclear. The girlfriend did not dare to tell the mother that.

On Saturday, the mother went to the police. She still had De Kock on the phone at 2.30 pm on Saturday: “He claimed that he was in Hasselt, but that he had a flat tire and that a tow truck was on the way. That all turned out to be a lie.”
#more at link

https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.nieuwsblad.be%2FAssets%2FImages_Upload%2F2022%2F01%2F17%2F4ccf2eeb-7771-411e-8fe3-ef533404306b.jpg
What were they arguing about?
I'm a bit confused as to why the girlfriend allowed him to take the little boy.

“Zet hem aan de deur en rij dan weg”: moeder doet emotionele oproep om vermiste jongen (4) naar huis te brengen - 112Vandaag

SBM
"Hello mom, I'm going to miss you". Those are the last words of 4-year-old Dean when he waved goodbye to mom EV (39) last Wednesday. The boy has been missing since that day.

SNIP

EV has been admitted to the Sint-Hieronymus psychiatric hospital in Sint-Niklaas since 4 November for depression. She stays there five days a week for treatment. On weekends, she comes home to be with her children, ages 4 and 7. “But I was also home on Tuesday because Dean had to undergo minor surgery,” she says.

The next day, De Kock took her back to the hospital in Dalstraat. Elke and Dave have known each other since July. He regularly babysits her children. “When he dropped me off at the hospital, Dean had come with me. Dave would take care of my son, which he did every Wednesday, by the way. They get along very well and Dean considers him something of a 'cuddly uncle'. There was no indication that he had other plans this time.”

#more at link

belgi.jpg

So it sounds like Dave and his gf watched Dean regularly. Maybe it didn't seem odd that Dave took Dean when he left. And now we know why the mother didn't call LE until Saturday. She was in the hospital and the friend didn't tell her Dave had left with Dean when it happened.
Is there a Daddy in Dean's life?

So it sounds like Dave and his gf watched Dean regularly. Maybe it didn't seem odd that Dave took Dean when he left. And now we know why the mother didn't call LE until Saturday. She was in the hospital and the friend didn't tell her Dave had left with Dean when it happened.
Is there a Daddy in Dean's life?
Yea, I wonder who the kids have been staying with M-F since her hospitalization in November. That arrangement is sort of interesting...i have not heard of a psychiatric stay where you get "weekends off". Typically here in Canada, if you are considered at risk enough to be in psych for months, they would prefer to monitor you continuously. I wonder if there was a translation error? Is this more of a rehab scenario or does the Dutch system just work differently?
by the way, here is an article with a picture of the convicted Dutch man, David De Kock, in 2008. Uh...make of this comparison what you will. Looks pretty similar to me (albeit older), but this was the only pic of convicted DDK I could find. But surely if the suspect in this kidnapping was a convicted child beater released from jail recently, media would be mentioning this?
upload_2022-1-17_9-56-23.png

Yea, I wonder who the kids have been staying with M-F since her hospitalization in November. That arrangement is sort of interesting...i have not heard of a psychiatric stay where you get "weekends off". Typically here in Canada, if you are considered at risk enough to be in psych for months, they would prefer to monitor you continuously. I wonder if there was a translation error? Is this more of a rehab scenario or does the Dutch system just work differently?
by the way, here is an article with a picture of the convicted Dutch man, David De Kock, in 2008. Uh...make of this comparison what you will. Looks pretty similar to me (albeit older), but this was the only pic of convicted DDK I could find. But surely if the suspect in this kidnapping was a convicted child beater released from jail recently, media would be mentioning this?
View attachment 330285
Woh! Can you find the color of eyes for the man in the 2008 photo?

Seems like DDK knew he would have time to flee, at least until Saturday when the mom would be coming home to her sons.
He could be anywhere!
Do we know if he had a job?

But then wouldn't her mother have known Dean was gone on Thursday?
Mom explains in the article that she spoke with Dave Thursday. He made arrangements with her mom (Dean's granny) to keep him another day. So, the timeline:

Tuesday - Dean has surgery. Mom was home w/him.
Wednesday - Mom returns to hospital. David drives her & Dean. Takes Dean w/him afterwards.
Thursday - Mom speaks to Dave. He claimed to have arranged w/grandma to keep Dean another day.
Friday - Dave argued w/ girlfriend then left. Dave said he was going w/Dean to Dave's grandparents in Antwerp. Never went.
Saturday - Mom texted w/Dave. He said car was broken down somewhere in Hassel & was waiting for tow truck. Haven't heard from him since.
Sunday - Mom called police to report Dean/Dave missing.

Mom explains in the article that she spoke with Dave Thursday. He made arrangements with her mom (Dean's granny) to keep him another day. So, the timeline:

Tuesday - Dean has surgery. Mom was home w/him.
Wednesday - Mom returns to hospital. David drives her & Dean. Takes Dean w/him afterwards.
Thursday - Mom speaks to Dave. He claimed to have arranged w/grandma to keep Dean another day.
Friday - Dave argued w/ girlfriend then left. Dave said he was going w/Dean to Dave's grandparents in Antwerp. Never went.
Saturday - Mom texted w/Dave. He said car was broken down somewhere in Hassel & was waiting for tow truck. Haven't heard from him since.
Sunday - Mom called police to report Dean/Dave missing.
I would love to know if mom was able to speak with Dean on Saturday. ie was he with Dave or is Dave on the run alone now?

Why take this child? Who is he trying to get back at, his girlfriend or these parents? I don't understand what the reason would be? I guess he doesn't need one but I'm trying to make sense of this mess. Did they know of his past? Apparently they only had to google his name ( which is what our above sleuthers did) IMO

He has been arrested, Dean was not with him :(

DPG Media Privacy Gate

The Dutch police have Dave D.K. arrested, the man who disappeared without a trace in Sint-Niklaas on Wednesday with toddler Dean (4). There is still no trace of the boy.
SBM

“The 34-year-old Belgian was arrested around 2.15 pm this afternoon after a report about a suspicious situation in Meerkerk. He was there alone. Further investigation showed that he had left his car at a company in Gorinchem, the car was found there and secured for further investigation. However, the four-year-old boy has not yet been found. The interrogation of the suspect has not yet led to the determination of the child's whereabouts. An Amber Alert is therefore sent ( something that only happens if there is a fear for the life of a child, ed. )”, it sounds.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alafair
Back