Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 *found deceased 2023* #8

I noticed that on the Klein Investigations FB page that, in 2022, its podcast will be answering questions related to the episodes that aired in 2021. I know we still have a lot of questions about the Michael Chambers case so perhaps people can record their questions to the private investigator. Perhaps we can use this space to discuss what questions we'd like answered. The Klein phone number for this is: 409-729-8798, extension 7. Off the top of my head, here are some questions that I still have:

1. Did investigators ever gain access to the text messages and/or phone records of persons of interest? Do they show anything valuable or shed light on the investigation?
2. The Disappeared episode made note that GPS data showed that Michael Chambers was, at some point, on the other side of the Tawakoni (Two Mile) Bridge on the day he disappeared. Do we know when he was there? Was it immediately after he left the Walmart or some other time? Do you believe it has anything to do with his disappearance or is it a coincidence?
3. Did investigators ever talk to the construction workers on the Two Mile Bridge? Did they notice anything or add anything to the investigation?
4. How confident are you about the speed the cell phone traveled on its way to the Two Mile Bridge? If it traveled at 4.5 mph, what are the theories for how that happened since it is significantly slower than a bike ride? Is there any chance that someone walked over the bridge?
5. Is there any value in having Adventures in Purpose (or some other group that does sonar investigations) scan Lake Tawakoni again?
6. Are we any closer to an arrest than last year when your podcast aired?

Last edited:
Questions I'd like answered, did investigators ever check to see if he called a cab or a rideshare that day? If he went to the bridge on his own, I don't believe he did it on a bicycle, and it's strange his scent ended just across the street, as if he had gotten into a vehicle. Was it ever determined if a bicycle was even missing from the shop? Were his phone records checked for calls and texts? Did anyone ever find out why Becca and her son seemed to have had a falling out (the one removed from her phone plan)?

As a crow flies it's about 10 miles. Mr. Chambers lived on FM 2101 in Quinlan, which is south of Greenville and the skull was found NW of Greenville on FM 1060. Not impossible by any means.

On google maps FM 1060 looks to be mostly farmland with just a small tract of wooded area running through the middle and a small patch on the edge of the road. To hide a body, there are only a couple of places it could have been on that road. Or an animal could have carried it there. It is mostly farm land all around there.
33.16707055144868, -96.17894181952796

https://twitter.com/NBCDFW/status/1486187155999412230?s=20
He said the highly-skilled dogs are trained weekly to sniff out missing people, or in this case, to differentiate human remains from those of an animal.

"In cases where they believe there may be human remains, we'll bring out the dogs specifically trained for human remains and put them out there in the fields or woods and see if they can locate human bones,” said Holmbergh.

And he said, they were successful in locating bones that are presumed to be human.

The Sheriff’s Office said the remains will now go to the University of North Texas’s Center for Human identification to be analyzed.

According to Texas Advocates for the Missing, there are currently seven missing persons cases in the county with the oldest dating back to 1986. The most recent is the disappearance of Michael Chambers, a retired Dallas firefighter, last seen on surveillance video leaving a Walmart in Quinlan in 2017.

His family's among those waiting to see if this could be a break in their loved one's case.

“Being in the search and rescue business, we don't like to use the word closure because I don't think you can ever have closure. But it does bring families answers,” said Holmbergh.

Last edited:
Is this an area that would have been searched previously? When Mr. Chambers went missing? It’s weird to feel “hopeful” here. But I just want the family to have answers, to know what happened to him and maybe, hopefully, some justice will come.

Is this an area that would have been searched previously? When Mr. Chambers went missing? It’s weird to feel “hopeful” here. But I just want the family to have answers, to know what happened to him and maybe, hopefully, some justice will come.
It is my understanding that this is not an area that would have been searched back in 2017 and subsequent years. Kind've far from the house but within the county, just one strip of rural land in the county.

Could be MC just took off walking that day. I hope we do get some answers.

Could be MC just took off walking that day. I hope we do get some answers.
Just took off walking and something evil or accidentally bad happened to him and he’s not been found, I’d agree that maybe, MAYBE, that could happen. But from what his family, friends and coworkers said about him he didn’t seem like the kind of man to walk out on his kids and grandkids AT ALL! (JMO)

One of my theories from the beginning still is my top theory. If theory holds any truth then there won't be remains found. Hopefully someone slips up some day and cracks enough to bring justice to MC loved ones.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back