Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 *found deceased 2023* #8

General area MC went missing.
Thanks for posting this. I've always heard about this but I never knew where it was. Klein always dismisses this theory but I am never quite sure why . . .does he know something that he can't say? What makes my head spin is that that appears to be a very busy road with a lot of businesses, churches, etc. There have to be cameras strewn along that path (heck, there's a UHAUL business right there!). Were those cameras and videos checked? When you look at that road too, it just makes the "he got on a bike theory" that much more unbelievable and preposterous (it makes my blood boil just thinking about it). No one saw him? I mean, c'mon. Because that theory is SO preposterous it, once again, begs the question as to why that theory was thrown out for public consumption. On a separate matter, I would think that results from those bones in Hunt County should be coming back soon.

Thanks for posting this. I've always heard about this but I never knew where it was. Klein always dismisses this theory but I am never quite sure why . . .does he know something that he can't say? What makes my head spin is that that appears to be a very busy road with a lot of businesses, churches, etc. There have to be cameras strewn along that path (heck, there's a UHAUL business right there!). Were those cameras and videos checked? When you look at that road too, it just makes the "he got on a bike theory" that much more unbelievable and preposterous (it makes my blood boil just thinking about it). No one saw him? I mean, c'mon. Because that theory is SO preposterous it, once again, begs the question as to why that theory was thrown out for public consumption. On a separate matter, I would think that results from those bones in Hunt County should be coming back soon.
If I recall correctly, the Sheriff was the one who "threw" that theory out there (the bike theory and the phone going into the lake) and it caught the family unaware that the Sheriff was concluding he was deceased. They never were able to find anything or MB in the lake in the area. Was he looking to get "this pesky" case closed or was attention being purposely diverted?

If I recall correctly, the Sheriff was the one who "threw" that theory out there (the bike theory and the phone going into the lake) and it caught the family unaware that the Sheriff was concluding he was deceased. They never were able to find anything or MB in the lake in the area. Was he looking to get "this pesky" case closed or was attention being purposely diverted?
You are correct. I know that some people think that attention was being purposely diverted and that very well may be what happened but my personal guess is that with producers from a TV show coming to ask questions about one of the county's MANY missing persons/unsolved crimes, he wanted to propose a possible answer to make it look like the investigators had some leads. I also think that the county's investigators don't believe that's what happened but couldn't say anything publicly. After all, if you are watching "Disappeared" and you are in the 99.5% that are not in Hunt County, you have no idea how far his house was from the lake, what the traffic patterns are in Quinlan during rush hour on a Friday, that there was construction on the Two Mile Bridge, etc. It might sound "reasonable" to those people but the theory crumbles under even the most basic analysis.

One of my theories from the beginning still is my top theory. If theory holds any truth then there won't be remains found. Hopefully someone slips up some day and cracks enough to bring justice to MC loved ones.
I forgot to mention this in my earlier post but it's difficult to assess these competing theories without having information about the cell phone pings. Is that 4.2 mph an average? Do they know whether MC's phone stopped anywhere? Was it turned off at any point and, if so, for how long? Exactly what cell phone information do they have? I don't have any information to discount or add to your theory; I'm curious whether the cell phone ping data would shed light at all on your theory.

I would love to hear your theory.......crematorium?
This plays in to my theory yes.... Look deep at the owner of all the places I mention in my photo of the area... you have to dig deep. Look at the google images of location. This has been my theory. I grew up going to the area. Then moved there. Know people there. My theory is plausible.

If your interested in digging.... ask these questions: Who owns the storage place next to the crematory? Who owns the crematory? Who owns the sheriffs office by the storage and the crematory? Who owns the main funeral home in town? Who owns a lot of property in town? Who has special interest in the bulk of the town? Who has been around along with results you find? The obvious is sometimes in plan view.

During the same time frame of MC missing. I remember traveling from 34 / 276 several times seeing a slender male with a black backpack riding his bike all over the place. Not riding as in out for say a exercise ride but like a just a passing the day away casual ride. No hurry. Swaying back and forth while riding. Have seen him all up and down the entire area with his bike. ...............just was thinking of the 4.5mph. This always comes to mind when I see that speed mentioned in this thread.

Last edited:
If your interested in digging.... ask these questions: Who owns the storage place next to the crematory? Who owns the crematory? Who owns the sheriffs office by the storage and the crematory? Who owns the main funeral home in town? Who owns a lot of property in town? Who has special interest in the bulk of the town? Who has been around along with results you find? The obvious is sometimes in plan view.
I get your points but I struggle with the "Why?" I don't understand all of the connections.
To be clear, I have no knowledge of Hunt County or its politics so I can't add anything of value to your theory. The statement of "the obvious is sometimes in plain view," however, applies to the crime scene in my opinion. You have blood droplets AND you have a bloody dowel in the shop and people are insistent that that is really not a crime scene? Okay, if it is simply some blood drops, I could understand why some people would say that it might be staged, etc. but blood drops AND a bloody dowel? Why would you need to add a bloody dowel into the mix if the blood drops were placed to indicate that MC was injured or he had decided to walk off on his own? I've always thought two things: (1) That bloody dowel was a forgotten item. The killer(s) simply forgot to pick it up when the body was moved because they were in a hurried mess and were intent on moving a body before anyone could see them and (2) It's my opinion that the killer(s) never thought, in their wildest dreams, that the shop would not be considered the crime scene. The fundamental mistake was made early on when the shop was not treated as a crime scene. The obvious was right before their eyes and they missed it. The whole scene and Private Investigator Klein's timeline makes me think that they didn't have a ton of time to do everything and they just made some mistakes. Unfortunately, law enforcement never interpreted those events as mistakes. My two cents.

I would be surprised if these remains turn out to be MC. There are others who went missing closer to this area. Of course, it's possible he might not have traveled there on his own....I hope that the find will bring some much needed closure to the loved ones of this person.

Sad truth is we may never know what happened to MC. Tragic.
I have those fears too, unfortunately, but since there's clearly more than one person who knows what happened to MC, it increases the odds that there's a slip-up, someone tells another person, a guilty conscience propels an action, etc. Let's say that on March 10 2017, two people knew what happened to MC. I think it's highly unlikely that, five years later in 2022, that still only two people know what happened to MC. Perhaps I am hopelessly naive but I also think that what would definitely help move the investigation forward is if the true-crime heavy hitters, like Dateline or 48 Hours, start giving this case some publicity.

Hm. I just listened to the Vanished podcast episode, which was my first introduction to this case. After reading the thread, listening to the Klein podcast, and watching the ID episode — this was not a rabbit hole I expected to go down.
How far down the rabbit hole did you go? My first introduction to this case was in the summer of 2018, watching the "Disappeared" episode. I was SO disturbed by it that I remember just shaking my head in amazement at just how much this man was disrespected by law enforcement and just how much law enforcement thought the public was a bunch of idiots (the bike theory). It made me angry and forever glued to this case. In my mind, it's in the top 10 missing persons cases (unsolved homicide, actually) in the United States.

Thinking of Mr. Chambers and family today. Praying that the new sheriff and Philip Klein can get some answers and by answers, I mean real answers, not some silly, cockamamie theory that hurt the development of this case and hurt the family.

On Philip Klein's latest podcast (released yesterday), he provides an update on the Michael Chambers case through two questions from listeners (about halfway into the episode). Very interesting stuff although a little unclear. He mentions a tip that investigators received about where the body is buried but it was a little unclear about the specifics (it sounded like it might be a general area, probably large in scope). It sounded like he was saying that the tip was that a man knows where Chambers is buried and that it turns out that that man had a relationship with a person of interest in the case (you can figure out who that is). It sounds like another search is around the corner. He does mention that Adventures in Purpose and Tim Miller will be involved in the new search but then he states that their firm does not believe Chambers is in the lake. Please listen to it and let me know what you think he is saying. Regardless of the specifics (again, somewhat cloudy), the Klein firm seems to be VERY POSITIVE about where the case is right now. It appears to be active and very fluid.

On Philip Klein's latest podcast (released yesterday), he provides an update on the Michael Chambers case through two questions from listeners (about halfway into the episode). Very interesting stuff although a little unclear. He mentions a tip that investigators received about where the body is buried but it was a little unclear about the specifics (it sounded like it might be a general area, probably large in scope). It sounded like he was saying that the tip was that a man knows where Chambers is buried and that it turns out that that man had a relationship with a person of interest in the case (you can figure out who that is). It sounds like another search is around the corner. He does mention that Adventures in Purpose and Tim Miller will be involved in the new search but then he states that their firm does not believe Chambers is in the lake. Please listen to it and let me know what you think he is saying. Regardless of the specifics (again, somewhat cloudy), the Klein firm seems to be VERY POSITIVE about where the case is right now. It appears to be active and very fluid.
Any way you could link the podcast) Thanks!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back