Found Deceased Canada - Katrina Blagdon 37, picking up food w/ bf, St Catharines, ONT, 31 Dec 2021

nicksmom99

Reaction score
Search for Female Veteran Continues

The Niagara Regional Police Service is still searching for a missing 37-year-old female veteran from St. Catharines.

Katrina Blagdon, retired Canadian Armed Forces Supply Technician, was last seen on December 31, 2021, in the area of Vansickle Rd N and Martindale Road, in St. Catharines.

insa_missing_vet.jpg

Katrina Blagdon, retired Canadian Armed Forces Supply Technician, was last seen on December 31, 2021, in the area of Vansickle Rd N and Martindale Road, in St. Catharines.
Concerned for Katrina’s Welfare
Katrina is described as white, 5’4, with a slim build, dirty blonde hair, and tattoos. She is believed to be travelling by foot.

Police and her family are concerned for Katrina’s welfare and are requesting the public’s help in locating her.

Anyone with information regarding the location of Katrina is asked to contact the Niagara Regional Police Service dispatch at (905) 688-4111, dial option 3, extension 1024325.

271964817_10159539161470619_7965383920367153641_n.jpg

Current information regarding Katrina Blagdon. While her green Jeep is not missing, people are asked to review security footage to see if the missing Veteran may have drove by their business or home. The image also features the jacket she was wearing the evening she went missing.

'You go from thinking the worst to having hope' (6 Photos) - Thorold News

A mother of two, the 37-year-old St. Catharines woman was captured on a security camera near Firehouse Subs on New Year's Eve, picking up take-out with her boyfriend. The two drove away in Blagdon's lime-green Jeep. After that, the trail went cold, and no signs of life such as bank activity or access to social media accounts have been registered. The family says her house appeared just the way she left it. The only thing missing are her cellphone and the clothes she was seen wearing on the surveillance footage.

Family gathers in Thorold to search for ex-soldier who mysteriously vanished - Thorold News

Katrina Blagdon retired after a 14-year career in the military that included a tour of duty in Afghanistan. She moved to St. Catharines in 2015, where she studied administration and had recently graduated from a local school, her sister said.

The last confirmed sighting of Blagdon was at Firehouse Subs on Fourth Avenue in St. Catharines, where she was recorded by security cameras picking up food, together with her boyfriend, around 6 p.m. on Dec. 31.

"In the last contacts with the family she said that she was planning a quiet night in, and going to bed before, or close to midnight," said Kelly. “But the lack of cellphone activity past 6 p.m on New Years Eve alone makes me concerned. She was on every major social media. It would have been crazy for her not to contact us."

Her cellphone has not been located, but all her other belongings—including her purse, bank cards, and passport—were found at her house, in all the places where she normally left them.

Kelly said her sister has struggled with PTSD from her military career, but had been actively managing it, and that she had a large network of friends and other supports. Her sister said she cherished her family, including her two teenage sons, and would never go so long without contacting anyone.

"She was in the best place she had been in a long time, and had just gotten really good news," said Kelly Blagdon, herself a military veteran, referring to Katrina's schooling.

Interesting comments on the FB page. BF says they went home and later went to sleep and when he woke up, she was gone.
There's another flier that says there was a reported sighting of her walking around 8pm on 12/31. I don't see any info about where she lived or how far this possible sighting location was from her home.

Attachments

• Trina.jpg
    Trina.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 35
Family gathers in Thorold to search for ex-soldier who mysteriously vanished - Thorold News

The last confirmed sighting of Blagdon was at Firehouse Subs on Fourth Avenue in St. Catharines, where she was recorded by security cameras picking up food, together with her boyfriend, around 6 p.m. on Dec. 31.

This leads me to believe the sighting of her walking around at 8 pm is suspect. It would appear that the last person to see her is the BF. I wonder if she actually made it home that night. JMO

I sent a message to Katrina's sister to let her know this thread was here.

Katrina and I both served as supply technicians in the military and although I've never met her, she has worked with and for many of my friends overseas and at home. So much in common with her. We have many mutuals. All of our various groups on FB are sharing, searching and hoping that we get her home safely and soon.

May today be the day we find her.

So Katrina and her boyfriend were both seen together on video picking up food earlier that evening, they drove away, and she hasn't been seen since.

Am I correct that her boyfriend is telling LE that at some point during the evening/night Katrina left their home and she was gone when he woke up the next day?

I'm not on FB but hopefully the possible scenario where Katrina leaves home on her own while her boyfriend is asleep is being carefully looked at by local LE. Do we have any information regarding potential issues with their relationship before her disappearance?

It was reported she left all of her personal items behind, except for her cell phone, which may be missing. I'm assuming this means her Jeep and keys were also found at her home.

Logically, if anyone was planning to leave, even for a short time, IMO they would take their purse/wallet, credit cards, identification, etc. with them. To leave willingly in this manner seems very odd, especially without contacting her sister or her sons.

So Katrina and her boyfriend were both seen together on video picking up food earlier that evening, they drove away, and she hasn't been seen since.

Am I correct that her boyfriend is telling LE that at some point during the evening/night Katrina left their home and she was gone when he woke up the next day?

Yep that is correct. He went to bed, she was gone when he woke up in the morning.

What strikes me as odd is the fact she didn't post any "happy new year" on social media at night or morning after. Plus as per reports her phone/social media went silent at 6 pm, which is unusual for her. In theory, just made up on my mind, it appears to me that is possibly the time "she left" and not after bf went to bed.

I mean it's possible she is having a PTSD episode and ran out of the house. It's possible someone was using fireworks near them and it spooked her.

It's also she decided to take a walk around 6 pm and didn't come back, but then why would bf say she was home until he went to sleep? Story doesn't match what the phone/social media postings say.

All made up in my mind, just thinking outloud.

@ms_x_to_the_m , good posting here, giving us some additional things to consider.

Not being a mental health expert I cannot say how PTSD may or may not come into play in this case, but it is something to be aware of. Perhaps members of this site with knowledge of PTSD can give us better insight.

If Katrina was having PTSD issues for some reason (fireworks, etc.) then it could possibly explain her leaving the house suddenly, leaving all of her possessions behind. If that's the case, at some point I would expect Katrina would contact her family or someone in her PTSD support group, which hasn't happened AFAIK.

If there were fireworks or gun shots in the area that night, did anyone else (boyfriend, neighbors) report hearing them as well?

It is odd that her social media and phone contact stopped completely around 6:00PM. I wonder if LE was able to trace her phone location after 6:00PM that night? I don't believe her phone has been found as of yet. Hopefully her phone records are available to local LE in case there were calls, text messages, or emails shortly before the phone went silent.

It would be interesting to know what her boyfriend said Katrina was doing between 6:00PM and whenever he went to bed. I would hope/expect local LE has interviewed him about that and is likely keeping that information internal at this point.

I'm reading this short thread and I already have a big red flag.
Boyf told LE that she left during the evening or during the night ... not sure if she was in the house with him
Interesting comments on the FB page. BF says they went home and later went to sleep and when he woke up, she was gone.
There's another flier that says there was a reported sighting of her walking around 8pm on 12/31. I don't see any info about where she lived or how far this possible sighting location was from her home.
So ... Is it possible that boyf went to sleep really early on Dec 31? Not sure if she was in the house with him during the evening? No social media at all? IMO something is wrong here. Red flag all over the place.

EDIT Hope it's OK to comment a post by boyf on FB page

Last edited:
Unfortunately LE hasn't released any new information in this case. What we know as fact at this time doesn't indicate what happened to Katrina or where she might be. We're left with opinions and speculation at this point.

It would be helpful to know more about the boyfriend's statement concerning events taking place after they were last seen, but so far LE hasn't released many details.

Family of missing veteran Katrina Blagdon appeals for help | The Eganville Leader

Thomasina Plourde of Petawawa is a good friend of Ms. Blagdon, 37. She described her as the mom of “two beautiful boys, 16 and 17, and a veteran suffering from severe PTSD.”

She said since her friend went missing there has been no trace of her.

“No camera has picked her up. Nothing,” she said. “She has bad PTSD. She was in army for 14 years and I served with her.”

The women were posted in Petawawa where Ms. Plourde continues to live. Although her friend went missing in St. Catharines, they wanted to raise awareness locally because they believe she might be in Petawawa or the area.

“Because this is her home. This is our home. This becomes your home after you spend that many years here. I’ve been here 19 years. I was military. I retired and Petawawa is my home,” she said.

The women come from a similar background in the East Coast. She’s from Newfoundland; Katrina from Cape Breton.

“But all her family is in Pembroke, but now they are all in St. Catharines searching for her,” she said.

Ms. Plourde said she feels there is not enough media attention in St. Catharines, so they are doing whatever they can to raise awareness and ask if anyone has seen her or knows anything.

“I think Katrina is scared of something and I think she ran,” she said. “She doesn’t trust anybody. And if she were to run I’m afraid she would come here. I want people to open their eyes here in case they see her. Because she knows we would take care of her here.”

As of Friday, Ms. Plourde had been searching for her friend for 28 days.

Having the Freedom Convoy and the kind of national media attention come to Pembroke was a good opportunity to get more information out about her missing friend, she said.

“This is an amazing bonus,” she said. “I was going to go to Arnprior. If I had known all the trucks were going to stop in Arnprior I would have gone to Arnprior because I have 450 more flyers.”

Katrina’s sister, Shelley Blagdon, lives in Pembroke and is deeply concerned about her.

“I honestly don’t know at this point (what may have happened to her),” she said. “I know she was last seen with her boyfriend and she vanished out of thin air and since then we have not seen her or heard from her. No contact. Nothing.”

Being visible with posters and information about Katrina is important in case anyone has seen her, she said. The stop along the Freedom Convoy was a great opportunity to do that for the family.
“We’re bringing awareness,” she said. “These people are travelling all across Canada so if anyone sees her, if they could call and let us know that she’s okay.”

Katrina’s parents, Shawn Numa and Bonnie Blagdon have been in St. Catharines for the last month and have not stopped looking. Other family members include older sister Kelly, Shelley, Katrina, Katie and Steven.

I'm glad to see Blagdon's case is getting some media attention.

Unfortunately there have been no reported sightings of Blagdon, and she hasn't been heard from in about a month. AFAIK there haven't been any recent updates in her disappearance and LE hasn't released any additional information.

I still find it curious that Blagdon's boyfriend told LE that she disappeared while he was sleeping. It would be helpful to know more about his statement concerning that evening, specifically Blagdon's activities after 6:00PM that night.

It would also be helpful if we knew more about his relationship with Blagdon. Did they have any recent domestic arguments? Had there been any previous reports of violence in their relationship? I expect that LE has asked similar questions and researched all of this.

I'm glad to see Blagdon's case is getting some media attention.

Unfortunately there have been no reported sightings of Blagdon, and she hasn't been heard from in about a month. AFAIK there haven't been any recent updates in her disappearance and LE hasn't released any additional information.

I still find it curious that Blagdon's boyfriend told LE that she disappeared while he was sleeping. It would be helpful to know more about his statement concerning that evening, specifically Blagdon's activities after 6:00PM that night.

It would also be helpful if we knew more about his relationship with Blagdon. Did they have any recent domestic arguments? Had there been any previous reports of violence in their relationship? I expect that LE has asked similar questions and researched all of this.

Yes, I do believe this is key. And he could attest to what her overall mood was. Were they drinking that night? It's a bit odd to me that she could slip out of bed and leave the house and he didn't hear a thing.

Yes, I do believe this is key. And he could attest to what her overall mood was. Were they drinking that night? It's a bit odd to me that she could slip out of bed and leave the house and he didn't hear a thing.

it’s definitely strange circumstances. I recall a missing case a few years back where the mother was last seen at the home in bed by husband. Cctv or some kind of video showed she left the house in the early morning hours, like 4am, walked the streets and ended up jumping off a bridge. The name escapes me, it was an Asian woman with kids and husband at home when she left.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back