Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #91

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you think the silence from reporters is due to things not looking good for the prosecution?

Do you think professional reporters are only going to report news they like?

I personally feel the audio clips released yesterday are very favourable towards the prosecution.

Audio clips? Did they release those?

IMO, the wording that he used was taken directly from Defense's motion for Change of Venue. It just sounds like them, doesn't it? If the judge is just going to be taking the defense lawyers at their word , and the prosecution is not able to point out their BS to the judge, I am very concerned about Suzanne seeing any justice here.
^^rsbm
Thank you @Tumbleweed. Truly disappointed with the Judge, and I hope this is the last of this sort.

After MK of PE also alluded to what he believed was a mischaracterization of DA Stanley, I'm glad I tracked down the actual presser and listened again. In the limited words by DA Stanley, she first emphasized that BM was presumed innocent and that SM is the victim here. Other statements were direct replies to reporters questions-- without commentary. Total sneak attack move by the defense with this one!

I want to give my take on the lack of Cahill news from Court. Either it's boring or nothing happened. Anything that might get ratings or clicks would have been reported vigorously.

The defense is desperate to find anything that can get Barry off on a technicality.

I want to give my take on the lack of Cahill news from Court. Either it's boring or nothing happened. Anything that might get ratings or clicks would have been reported vigorously.

The defense is desperate to find anything that can get Barry off on a technicality.
Hopefully @NoSI comes on today to give us her take on the whole thing.

She did say there was no ruling yesterday. Also, we do know Lauren left early so she could do her broadcast, and I imagine other reporters were forced to do the same.

I knew I'd get a reply from you, ;) and I can appreciate different opinions.

Interesting thoughts on his behavior, but I have to wonder, if you believe Barry doesn't know where Suzanne is, what do you think actually happened to Suzanne?
I think she is deceased ....but I happen to think she's no where near Maysville or Salida. I'm not completely sold on the tranquilizer dart theory, so I'm going to have to wait for trial. But the truck activity in the middle of the night makes me wonder if there was more than one vehicle and one person active in that driveway in the middle of the night and nothing I've seen or read yet explains how he pulled this off all by himself . I need to hear the trial without all the "noise". Honestly if they hadn't written that awful affidavit I might feel entirely different, but it was the affidavit that put doubt in my mind that prosecution had a fully formed case they could win.

What was BM's "plan according to the narrative as told by BM" if the call about SM had not occurred? I mean by that, if BM had not received a call (that SM wasn't responding to calls or texts and appeared to be missing) so wasn't compelled to leave Broomfield around 6 or so as he did, who was going to stay where? JP stayed in the room BM had occupied most of the day and MG in another (and IIRC, CC drove up the next morning).

Sbm, bbm

Not that it really matters I suppose but on page 39 of the AA it states:

"At about 10:30 PM, Morgan Gentile arrived at the Holiday Inn Express and checked in to Barry's room."

Bam!

Oh, man, though, I wish they would have asked him to look around, see if anything was out of place!

Nope, it's exactly like I left it.

JMO

Maybe they did that to see if he would try on his own to look around or if he would start saying anything.. then he didn't. He didn't react like someone who last saw their wife laying in bed and went to work.

Not to take away from the gravity of this conversation, but I must admit that in my first sighting of this post, I took "LEO" to mean Leo the lion/mountain-lion! And my silly subconscious saw it as the beginning of a joke! In fact, I don't believe any lions were involved, and it is certainly no joke.
LOL
I thought the very same thing when I first read LEO hahaha

I think she is deceased ....but I happen to think she's no where near Maysville or Salida. I'm not completely sold on the tranquilizer dart theory, so I'm going to have to wait for trial. But the truck activity in the middle of the night makes me wonder if there was more than one vehicle and one person active in that driveway in the middle of the night and nothing I've seen or read yet explains how he pulled this off all by himself . I need to hear the trial without all the "noise". Honestly if they hadn't written that awful affidavit I might feel entirely different, but it was the affidavit that put doubt in my mind that prosecution had a fully formed case they could win.
He didn't need any help, but even if someone was with him when he disposed of Suzanne, that doesn't separate him from this crime.

His phone was outside, his truck was active, and most importantly, he lied about that.

He arrives home from disposing of Suzanne, plants the bike (driveway activity), turns off her phone, grabs what he needs, leaves, turns left, dumps the helmet, travels to Broomfield, dumps trash...

I definitely see your point. The kicker for me is that her daughter's boyfriend knew and remembered all these details and Barry did not. Then, Barry, who forgot to get rid of the water camel thing, left it in her car and sold her car with it still in it. A lot of important details he missed add up for me. If it was one or two details, maybe, but for me it's too many to ignore.

The key point about THIS detail is, that steep hill. She was new to biking and clearly excited about her new hobby because she was detailing it on IG and either through IG and her details there or her daughters or the daughters bf hearing first hand, he and his dad knew enough about her riding habits to know she wouldn't go up that steep hill. How did Barry not know that? It isn't just an usual route or one she didn't go on before, it was one that even other riders likely wouldn't go on. Even a route that a non biker could look at and say, oh man that would be tough to bike up and they would be left walking the bike. Reasonable conclusions I think, yet he just didn't know or think of that?

"Defense came back with BM was doing exactly what he was instructed to do before entering and following directions."

Yeah, because his goal was to pass some sort of "test"...
NOT find his wife
Another good example where a video is worth a thousand [defense] words! We all watched BM at his front door with the deputy. He was not "instructed" in the manner that the defense would like you to believe!

The key point about THIS detail is, that steep hill. She was new to biking and clearly excited about her new hobby because she was detailing it on IG and either through IG and her details there or her daughters or the daughters bf hearing first hand, he and his dad knew enough about her riding habits to know she wouldn't go up that steep hill. How did Barry not know that? It isn't just an usual route or one she didn't go on before, it was one that even other riders likely wouldn't go on. Even a route that a non biker could look at and say, oh man that would be tough to bike up and they would be left walking the bike. Reasonable conclusions I think, yet he just didn't know or think of that?
I think he was snookered, like he was with Suzanne's cell phone. He needed to dump that bike to sell the bike ride narrative, but had to guarantee that it wouldn't be quickly found.

He needed to put time and distance between his fake crime scene, and what a disaster it would be if that bike was found in the early morning.

If the exhibit was to get that state to put it on record during the PH that the bobcat was not connected to SM's disappearance, then it worked. I also recall defense attorney DN asking Agent Grusing to read from the AA, pg 41.

Lauren Scharf
@LaurenScharfTV

The BOBCAT, also called the Skidsteer. On page 41 in the affidavit, it states #BarryMorphew was not connected to #SuzanneMorphew disappearance. #FindSuzanne

3:45 PM · Aug 10, 2021

There are greasy piglet words though ...

At present, Barry’s use of the Bobcat does not appear to be connected to Suzanne’s disappearance.

I find it strange that there is no data for him demounting it from the trailer. Was this data no longer on the SIM? Why didn't the defence include it?

Sbm, bbm

Not that it really matters I suppose but on page 39 of the AA it states:

"At about 10:30 PM, Morgan Gentile arrived at the Holiday Inn Express and checked in to Barry's room."
And on page 50, "Morgan Gentile Interview - May 15th," the AA states:

Morgan stated that she recalled some additional detail about the hotel in Bromfield [sic]. Morgan explained after she and Jeff Puckett checked in, they went to their rooms. Jeff went to Room #225, the one originally rented and used by Barry, and she went to Room #228.
And then the AA goes on to quote MG telling LE that JP couldn't figure out how to open the hotel door, so she did it for him and they entered and MG smelled the strong odor of chlorine and that there were damp and used towels on the floor.

So, according to MG, JP stayed in that room.

However, my issue was not so much with what actually occurred after BM got the calls reporting SM's disappearance, but with what the arrangements were supposed to be for that day and the days subsequent. I would very much like to know the original booking details (how many people were coming, how were they described in the booking reservation, and where was each person going to be staying). What was the original setup?

Do we know if all the body cam evidence will be released? I would all love to see/hear those interviews. I also wonder if LE is making any more progress in the investigation. They are still working on it, right?
Only the bodycam footage that was used in the preliminary hearing. I'm not sure if there is more in that regard.

The investigation doesn't stop just because an arrest has been made, so I'm sure things are still going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member