VA VA - Codi Bigsby, 4, last seen at dad's home, Cory Bigsby (dad) named as POI, Hampton, 31 Jan 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all the years I’ve been part of Websleuths, I don’t believe I’ve EVER heard of a POI/parent VOLUNTARILY wanting to stay at the police station.
IMO, this is hinky to me. I’m wondering if it’s so he can be there to be a step ahead of what he will say to new questions or for his own safety? For me it doesn’t make any sense. JMO

In all the years I’ve been part of Websleuths, I don’t believe I’ve EVER heard of a POI/parent VOLUNTARILY wanting to stay at the police station.
IMO, this is hinky to me. I’m wondering if it’s so he can be there to be a step ahead of what he will say to new questions, for his own safety? For me it doesn’t make any sense. JMO
Moo...FBI extensive search, collection of forensics, phone data and tracking, collecting statements from other children in home/family/neighbors/Cbs mother... they are "hanging something" over his head to keep him in a seat at the police station.

I'm a bettin, if he tried to leave, HPD would rehome him with a bed and meals.

Moo....

My kids if they woke up middle of the night they went to my bed or the tv they never left the home jmoo

I didn't mean he did. I was only addressing the question of why he might have been wearing flip-flops when his dad saw him last.

I'm assuming that at least part of his narrative is close to the truth. I'm also assuming that what we've heard isn't everything the father told the police.

IMO, this is hinky to me. I’m wondering if it’s so he can be there to be a step ahead of what he will say to new questions or for his own safety? For me it doesn’t make any sense. JMO
I too find it odd. Where is he sleeping, eating and showering? Is he staying in a interrogation room with a cot or a private cell not under arrest?

Couple of thoughts.
Staying at the Police station is a good way to avoid the media and public speculation. If he were to join in any search he would have to answer reporters questions. JMO.
About the flip flops, have you seen young preschoolers wear flip flops? We never allowed them in preschool because they are dangerous and children have difficulty walking in them besides not staying on their feet.
I know there may be exceptions to this but they are a pain to deal with even if only wearing inside house. JMO.

I read Codi and 3 siblings. Now whether they were Codi's 3 siblings OR 3 siblings separately...I don't know. moo
I wish we knew ages and see of the other children. Sometimes a child will have behavior that is more advanced because of older siblings. E.g. my 20 month old grandson put on his own socks and tennis shoes. He can't quite tie them yet, but he's working on it. His older 4 yr old brother taught him how. They also get into mischief trying to be as big as older siblings.

Couple of thoughts.
Staying at the Police station is a good way to avoid the media and public speculation. If he were to join in any search he would have to answer reporters questions. JMO.
About the flip flops, have you seen young preschoolers wear flip flops? We never allowed them in preschool because they are dangerous and children have difficulty walking in them besides not staying on their feet.
I know there may be exceptions to this but they are a pain to deal with even if only wearing inside house. JMO.
at 4 they usually are ok in them, but they wouldnt be allowed at school. my son started when he was almost 3 wearing soccer slides. prior to that, they had a little ankle band.

as to him voluntarily staying for days at headquarters, I think it is a combo of things. Clearly the children are not in the household and are at some undisclosed "safe" location. This coupled with LE hesitation to discuss what the children have told them, what the condition of the residence was, etc, leads me to believe there is at the very least evidence of abuse or neglect in the home. So if there are no children to worry about taking care of at home right now, and IF they've been removed form the home by say CPS - I think he would rather be at headquarters "cooperating" then there charged with some form of abuse and neglect. At least right now he has the illusion of being in charge of the narrative and bonus, he can try to suss what LE knows so far.

This makes me so angry lately It’s hard to keep seeing there’s so many other options for parents . The people that notice somethings off for the love of god speak up save a child . I don’t understand how you can hurt your own child , since braylen I’ve tried to avoid childrens threads but sometimes something draws you in . Jmoo
Agree with everything you posted.
Also the last sentence, I try to avoid also as they just break my heart, but yet, I get drawn in once I see their tiny little faces.
Praying Codi is found safe and soon but am fearful of the turnout. :(

I didn't mean he did. I was only addressing the question of why he might have been wearing flip-flops when his dad saw him last.

I'm assuming that at least part of his narrative is close to the truth. I'm also assuming that what we've heard isn't everything the father told the police.
I agree that there are partial truths embedded in dad’s story. The clothing description sounds more like what Codi might have worn in the daytime, not bedtime so it could be accurate. MOO

IMO LE wouldn’t name dad a POI without strong evidence to back it up. They’ve been dropping red flags all over this case since the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637