Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #94

Status
Not open for further replies.
@LandManatee -- I don't believe you were mistaken. Not every detail was revealed in the AA and I believe it was Agent Grusing that introduced the carwash. At the time, I recall thinking of BM's extended time at or near the Mens Warehouse. JMO

The gas station in question has a car wash attached. I think that's where the confusion is coming from.

ScreenHunter 1313.png ScreenHunter 1314.png
Google Earth

Maybe Barry took Suzanne’s phone and her helmet and tossed them out the window separately as another look here not there ploy? Just because Grusing didn’t ask Barry if he rolled down the window doesn’t mean he didn’t suspect that is exactly what Barry did. Also he may not have had the entire truck telematics back at that time or just wanted to remain silent. If Barry did toss either anywhere near Garfield and Suzanne is indeed in a mine it’s not the Garfield mine. IMO
EBM for typos

I firmly believe she's in one of the three shafts behind Puma Path. He told Grusing there were only two.
Google Earth

I firmly believe she's in one of the three shafts behind Puma Path. He told Grusing there were only two.
Google Earth
Surely LE has looked???

Edit: would be great for prosecution and loved ones !!!
Would also explain our frustration as we review Telematics
Though OBVIOUS just had to comment :)

Last edited:
I wish we knew how he listened to those Forensic Files episodes. Is it a podcast? If he listened to several in a row during a drive, then I'd love to listen to the few before and after that series he listened to.. listening to several in a row.. I think he was forumulating some ideas from those episodes. The fact that Suzanne recorded him listening is amazing. He likely got some idea or maybe even ideas of what not to do because someone got caught doing xyz.. maybe what is contained in not only the ones she was able to record him listening to, but the ones before and after. He probably picked up little tidbits along the way to avoid ABC, but instead XYZ was a great idea.. etc.
I wonder if it gave her pause when she discovered that little tidbit. She may not have known he had a penchant for true crime. Wonder if that is what made her felt unsafe to be alone with him, because she may have mentioned it in a round about way and he poo pooed watching that kind of stuff.

If you are going to a car wash, it’s the perfect place to throw out your trash-they are actually fine with it! They have the pails set right up for you to dump your garbage in. It’s kind of the point. Barry also had his association dumpster to throw stuff in. Yes, he’s cheap, and I’m sure he paid fees that included access to that dumpster. Why use at least five others when he could have dumped his garbage so easily? He could have had so much more nap time at the HIE.
Maybe he had so much garbage that it just wouldn't fit into 1 or 2 bins.

Again, apologies if someone beat me to it, he wasn't at the gas station long enough to be a dump spot. There were people and cameras everywhere. At one point I think Barry says he washed his windshield. There isn't a lot of clarity as to the purpose of the gas station stop, it may literally be that he was alibiing himself for not eating at McDonalds, he got a granola bar because he doesn't eat crap food or some such.
Because his "body is a temple?" :D

He took them in to remove the shoe laces. I mentioned months ago my guys save boot shoelaces also before they toss old boots.
I just don't see how a pair of cotton shoelaces could outlast a pair of steel-toed leather work boots that are sewn together not glued. That just isn't the reason he did all that.

I believe (Super Bowl is coming up and I’m too distracted to look) that Barry stated that the girls were working on flyers at that point. So you’re out looking for your wife and in order to leave a note, you have to dig scrap paper out of the trash? Nothing in your vehicle? Hm I wonder what he was driving that day too.
Besides all that , he thought the store was closed, so who was he going to give the note too. Hmmm

I am not sure he went to retrieve anything. I do believe he was reaching for a tossed receipt to write a note on. This was Tuesday so day 2…if I recall and before fliers, banners etc.
Why would he be reaching for a receipt to write a note on before he knew anyone was inside the market? They were already closed for the day.
A worker spotted BM digging through the trash after they had closed. He went out and asked BM what he was doing. BM said his wife was missing and he was looking for her helmet. The worker went back inside.
BM went to the door and knocked. He went in and explained the circumstances. One of the workers asked him for a description of his wife. That’s when BM wrote his note:
Baby blue bike
helmet

Biking clothes

If you were really trying to help someone find your missing wife based on your description, is this what you would write?

He was digging in the trash before they asked him for a description.

upload_2022-2-13_23-15-6.jpeg

No description, no hair color, no height, no weight.

Why would he be reaching for a receipt to write a note on before he knew anyone was inside the market? They were already closed for the day.
A worker spotted BM digging through the trash after they had closed. He went out and asked BM what he was doing. BM said his wife was missing and he was looking for her helmet. The worker went back inside.
BM went to the door and knocked. He went in and explained the circumstances. One of the workers asked him for a description of his wife. That’s when BM wrote his note:
Baby blue bike
helmet

Biking clothes

If you were really trying to help someone find your missing wife based on your description, is this what you would write?

He was digging in the trash before they asked him for a description.

View attachment 333535

No description, no hair color, no height, no weight.
What color were the biking shorts he suggested to LE initially? Perhaps he dropped the other biking clothes elsewhere and was disappointed they too weren’t located? IMO
EBM for additional thought. Maybe Barry continued to dispense clothing and other materials in hopes to muddy the investigation especially a couple of days after when he surely knew LE wasn’t buying his BS. IMO

Surely LE has looked???

Edit: would be great for prosecution and loved ones !!!
Would also explain our frustration as we review Telematics
Though OBVIOUS just had to comment :)

RBBM

Yes. But unfortunately Search Teams have only so much time and funding.

Hopefully, more funding can be raised in the near future.

JMVHO.

Suzanne's phone last pinged in the near vicinity of Puma Path.

I keep going back to what he said.

When Agents tell Barry they don’t have her phone, he says, “Nobody found her phone?” and then, “I figured you guys had to have it.” He then says, “See, that’s, that’s, that’s really weird, because I thought from day one you guys had the phone.”

When Barry was asked where he would look for the phone knowing where the bike and the helmet were, he said, “In between.” (Page 79 of 129)

It's got to be somewhere along US 50 between Maysville and the Garfield turn. Right? That was the staging, someone carried her off west.

As for Poncha Market ...

May 12, 2020 – 20:00 – Barry found digging in the trash at Poncha Market
“He went to write down a description of maybe what she was wearing,” Butala said. “I just thought it was weird because he didn’t explain what the color of her eyes were or her hair or anything about her, like how tall she was or anything.”

(Possible Second Device for Barry)
On June 11, 2020, your affiant received information from FBI SA Grusing and Computer Scientist Brian Turner that while reviewing the data from the cell phone extraction of Barry’s iPhone, they found a second device, User ID: 2BD073C4-EFD5-413C-92AC-351DD5B43C11, identifier: REDACTED was associated with Barry’s iPhone with an SMS at 03:43:44 PM MST on May 8th, 2020.

This user ID is separate from the primary User ID: D2AAE6DB-8F77-4583-B5D4-B966F3D23F70, identifier: REDACTED

This second device was first used on November 30,2019 and was associated with Barry’s iPhone 91 times since then, compared to 1,701 associations with the primary User ID since November 2019.

Dates this device was associated with Barry’s iPhone since May 5, 2020:

05/05/2020 12:48:34 PM (UTC-6)
05/10/2020 08:47:28 AM (UTC -6)
05110/2020 11:50:52 AM (UTC -6)
05/11/2020 07:54:50 AM (UTC -6)
05/11/2020 08:14:29 AM (UTC -6)
05/11/2020 05:44;42 PM (UTC -6)
05/12/2020 05:58:11 PM (UTC -6)

Barry had two minutes between being seen on camera at the US 50 junction and the next camera up the highway. I never could locate the next camera on street view, but Grusing didn't indicate that he thought Barry did anything but go directly to Broomfield after the Garfield turn around.
BM was really upset when LE wouldn’t tell him what personal item they had found on Hwy 50. We didn’t know it was the helmet for quite some time. BM wanted to know so he could see if his staging was working.
LE never even publicly verified that they had found the bike until some time later. BM knew because he was at the scene and touched it. I think some of his friends including GD were filling BM in as he rode home from Broomfield. I believe this was why he jumped out of the truck when he arrived there in a very fake shaky voice asking if a lion got her. I bet he was practicing his grand entrance all the way back.
So that brings us back to Poncha Market. What was he digging through the trash for? And, where is SM’s phone? Did he toss it up off Hwy 50 like the helmet and it just wasn’t found?
AM said he and his team had to have been very close to the helmet as they searched along 226. He couldn’t believe they didn’t see it. The phone is a lot smaller. Maybe it just hasn’t been found yet. If BM tossed it like the helmet, maybe it went farther than he intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member