Russia Attacks Ukraine - 23 Feb 2022 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's some news about Belarus I'm waiting to post if the link gets approved...seems a former Ukrainian President may have been spotted there. I wonder if that was his plane?
This guy or someone different?

The Kyiv Independent on Twitter
⚡️Media: Putin wants to reinstate Yanukovych as president of Ukraine.
Viktor Yanukovych is allegedly in Minsk, and the Kremlin is preparing an operation to replace Zelensky with the ex-president ousted by the EuroMaidan Revolution in 2014, according to Ukrainska Pravda’s sources

This guy or someone different?

The Kyiv Independent on Twitter
⚡️Media: Putin wants to reinstate Yanukovych as president of Ukraine.
Viktor Yanukovych is allegedly in Minsk, and the Kremlin is preparing an operation to replace Zelensky with the ex-president ousted by the EuroMaidan Revolution in 2014, according to Ukrainska Pravda’s sources
Yep if Kyiv Independent is saying it it must be confirmed so here goes...

Za danymy ZMI, prezydent-vtikach Viktor Yanukovych perebuvaye v Minsʹku, a Kremlʹ hotuye yoho do spetsoperatsiyi, shchob sprobuvaty oholosyty «prezydentom Ukrayiny». Utim v Ofisi prezydenta kazhutʹ, shcho tse lyshe pokazuye totalʹne neznannya realʹnykh nastroyiv v Ukrayini

Translation from Ukrainian...

According to media reports, fugitive President Viktor Yanukovych is in Minsk, and the Kremlin is preparing him for a special operation to try to declare him "President of Ukraine." However, the President's Office says that this only shows the total ignorance of the real mood in Ukraine.

Wikipedia...
"Viktor Fedorovych Yanukovych is a Ukrainian politician who served as the fourth president of Ukraine from 2010 until he was removed from office in the 2014 Ukrainian Revolution."

Згадка Януковича показує тотальне незнання реальних настроїв в Україні ㅡ Подоляк | Громадське телебачення

Hromadske is a Ukrainian news organization
Hromadske - Wikipedia

There's some news about Belarus I'm waiting to post if the link gets approved...seems a former Ukrainian President may have been spotted there. I wonder if that was his plane?

It flew in from Moscow, it was the Russian Presidential Plane, possibly diplomats? or (diplo-prats)
There was a fluttering of news a couple of days ago and more recently suggesting a round of talks might take place in Brest -

2nd round of Russia-Ukraine peace talks could happen on Belarus-Poland border

Last edited:
How do you tell what mod is on duty?

Mod Note:
The quickest way to catch a mod is sending in an alert. I happened to be on line and did a review of the source in question. I am approving Hromadske. Of note, many reports are continuing to come out using the word “allegedly” and I feel it is important we be clear when something is an allegation or a verified fact by a MSM Source or Government Entity.

These are some muddy waters we are navigating when it comes to information being released, so we greatly appreciate it when Posters reach out concerning sources not typically part of MSM.

——

More about this specific source:
Crowdfunding among Ukrainians was slow to gather momentum, but the West was quick to lend a hand. Various European and North American state and private entities helped keep the channel afloat at the outset and since. In July and August 2013, George Soros’s Ukraine-based International Renaissance Foundation and the U.S. Embassy in Kiev provided crucial funds to kick-start the project, and Canada’s Department of Global Affairs has been a source of regular grants. (In a sense, Hromadske is a microcosm of the broader Ukrainian economy, which is dependent on Western support in staving off collapse.)

The Brief Life and Slow Death of Ukrainian Journalism

I hope these are okay to post - just to "lighten" the mood!

View attachment 335342
View attachment 335343

View attachment 335344

My brother posted this on his FB page. So no link... So - JMHO!

This was released by a former prime minister of Latvia in the Latvian language. Here is an English version of that smart opinion:

Mr. Putin: it’s amazing what you’ve accomplished in just 5 days:
• Made the EU a superpower,
• Strengthened NATO
• Increased Germany's defense budget by 100 billion
• Deneutralized Switzerland
• Prepared Sweden & Finland for NATO
• United the world against Russia
• The whole world prays for Ukraine
• Killed more than 5,000 of your country's soldiers
• Raised Ukraine's presidential rating to 96%
• The biggest hacker groups are fighting against Russia #PutinWarCriminal,
In addition:
• Made Japan ready to deploy nuclear weapons
• Terminated Germany's long-standing commitment (since World War II) not to engage in conflict or to send weapons to conflict zones
• Enabled the US & NATO to establish a "no-fly zone" for Russian military aviation over Ukraine
• Created preconditions for Russia's economic collapse (wait until sanctions take effect and reparations are recovered)
• Brought Russia to the level & status of North Korea

I love this...just what I was thinking this morning....maybe this was all along Putin's master plan...his gift to the world....(sarcastic)

Mod Note:
The quickest way to catch a mod is sending in an alert. I happened to be on line and did a review of the source in question. I am approving Hromadske. Of note, many reports are continuing to come out using the word “allegedly” and I feel it is important we be clear when something is an allegation or a verified fact by a MSM Source or Government Entity.

These are some muddy waters we are navigating when it comes to information being released, so we greatly appreciate it when Posters reach out concerning sources not typically part of MSM.

——

More about this specific source:
Crowdfunding among Ukrainians was slow to gather momentum, but the West was quick to lend a hand. Various European and North American state and private entities helped keep the channel afloat at the outset and since. In July and August 2013, George Soros’s Ukraine-based International Renaissance Foundation and the U.S. Embassy in Kiev provided crucial funds to kick-start the project, and Canada’s Department of Global Affairs has been a source of regular grants. (In a sense, Hromadske is a microcosm of the broader Ukrainian economy, which is dependent on Western support in staving off collapse.)

The Brief Life and Slow Death of Ukrainian Journalism
Thanks and an alert is with the "Report" button?

This article from The Telegraph UK is behind a paywall, brings another spooky note to the evacuation of hundred's of thousands from Ukraine

Ukrainian refugees escape on train with the lights switched off to hide from Russian shelling

Headline:
Ukrainian refugees escape on train with the lights switched off to hide from Russian shelling

Mothers spoke of the chaos and confusion involved in train journeys lasting more than 30 hours carrying their young children, with little to eat and frequently plunged into darkness.

At one stage the train stopped for three hours in Kyiv, its carriages plunged into darkness to avoid attracting enemy fire.

Thank you to the moderators for allowing a few small quotes from the article.
I find The Telegraph UK worth paying for a month or two subscription to read their perspective.

Thanks and an alert is with the "Report" button?

Yes - the blue “Report” button sends the Mods and Admins an alert. Since we are volunteers there is no set duty or time that things are covered and this allows which ever mod happens to log in next see the report/alert.

ETA: You can use the report link in any post. Simply state “not reporting this post, but have a question……”

Yes - the blue “Report” button sends the Mods and Admins an alert. Since we are volunteers there is no set duty or time that things are covered and this allows which ever mod happens to log in next see the report/alert.

ETA: You can use the report link in any post. Simply state “not reporting this post, but have a question……”
Thanks Tiff for all you do, it's much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aussie Aussie