GUILTY Australia - Dean Shillingsworth, 2, found in suitcase, Ambarvale, NSW, 11 Oct 2007

How awful!! Just tragic for the little boy and those poor children who found him. I sure hope they get to the bottom of this.

Did y'all read the comment by the woman who says she saw a brown leather suitcase, bulging at the seams, half submerged in the same lake last month? She couldn't get to it to be able to check it out.

I hate to think someone may be disposing of bodies this way. But I'm thinking it's a possibility mom may have been in the brown suitcase.

I hate the way my brain thinks sometimes! But to have suitcases floating around in lakes-----I can't think of a rational reason for that!

I think it's great that the last report showed a pic of the suitcase. You never know who might recognize it. Every little bit helps.

Did y'all read the comment by the woman who says she saw a brown leather suitcase, bulging at the seams, half submerged in the same lake last month? She couldn't get to it to be able to check it out.

I hate to think someone may be disposing of bodies this way. But I'm thinking it's a possibility mom may have been in the brown suitcase.

I hate the way my brain thinks sometimes! But to have suitcases floating around in lakes-----I can't think of a rational reason for that!

Oh geez, you might be right. It's a pond and they are searching it so wouldn't it still be there?

This is just horrible..for him not to be reported missing makes me think his carers must be involved aswell:(

Very sad. I think it's ironic (or not) that he was dumped in a duck pond. Maybe in real life he really enjoyed feeding the ducks there? It seems symbolic. Like the person that dumped him loved him on some level. Maybe I watch too much tv.

It looks like they may have a kidnapper on their hands from this report of a stranger in a white van with blackened windows:

"The man leaned towards Tyson as if he were going to grab him, Josh said. Tyson threw his ice-cream at the man and ran off, but the man lunged at Josh.
"He reached over to get me, so I ran," Josh said. "I screamed out 'Tyson'. Then the dude's gotten into his white van and he drove off." Josh said the windows on the van were blacked out."

http://tinyurl.com/yrhbst

Thats a bit scarey Reannan but Im going to go out on a limb here and say that the boys story seems very movie like..a white van with blacked out windows driven by an American in a Sydney suburb shouldnt be too hard to track down..I dont like to disbelieve the boys but in a way I hope Im right about this......:slap: me if Im wrong.
After rereading the article I see that other reports have been made so my gut feeling about these boys could be wrong but the abductor story still doesnt account for why the little dead boy hasnt been reported missing.

Me too Al_b......I also hope they catch the white van driver.

this may sound stupid, but what requirements are there for travel to AU.? Is it possible maybe a tourist's child? Anyone come into the country with a child and didn't leave with one, would they know that information? Do they rent van's (really dumb sounding I know)

Not stupid at all Al...children would need a passport to enter the country and Id imagine that if the carers who came with the child try to leave without the child then ?s would be asked...Ill google around and see if i can come up with something more concrete.
Vans can also be hired here but it would be fairly easy to track the renter as a drivers liscence would be needed as proof of id.

heres a link that might help answer your question Al.
http://www.eta-visa.com/En/FamilyEta/index.php

Not stupid at all Al...children would need a passport to enter the country and Id imagine that if the carers who came with the child try to leave without the child then ?s would be asked...Ill google around and see if i can come up with something more concrete.
Vans can also be hired here but it would be fairly easy to track the renter as a drivers liscence would be needed as proof as id.

heres a link that might help answer your question Al.
http://www.eta-visa.com/En/FamilyEta/index.php

thank you so much. I asked about the van rental because it's not unheard of to use a rental in a crime

I think here it would be too easy to track the renter....our liscenses here are like an identy card complete with photo and a hologram so they cannot be easily countifieted(sp)..are your liscenses similar in the states Al?......most crimes here that I hear about are usually committed with stolen cars ,but anything is possible.

my state drivers license has several security features (has the tilt thing to read the indiana on it bar code on the back and seperate donor picture as well as the larger one and is a solid piece of plastic so no way to swap out photos)so yeah but sometimes people are dumb or they'll have someone else rent for them ,and if they don't have the plate number off the vehicle ya know and sometimes they steal plates too to conceal ownership .

Actually our licences are easy to counterfeit. They are laminated and although I won't go into details for obvious reasons, the little holograms (qld licences) are in the laminate itself.

My ideal license system...

They *should* make them like credit cards and have a system where the photo of the driver only shows up on a hand held device/computer and same in the squad car of the police scanning the card in case the officer has a partner seated in it who can check out details. The license itself should only have the initials and last name of the licensed person, NO address and have the expiry date. The scanners should be hand held and portable, like bluetooth so that police can scan at the drivers car door instead of the 'safety issue' of turning their backs on the drivers they are checking out. At least the Police can keep an eye on the driver and not have to worry about getting shot in the back!

Like our rego stickers, they should issue a different colour for each year and only make them renewable by year.

Now I'm seriously off topic.

**slaps self into ontopicness**

Sami

our license
http://www.in.gov/bmv/driverlicense/new/
sorry didn't know it was online
old ones not much different but they made a few changes and the last time they changed them I think was 1999 -2000 sometime
but each state is different I am sure

have put up a description of the little boy yet?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheyenne1060
Back