Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #6 *charges*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking back on this case now it is even more suspicious that GL resprayed his Patrol TWICE!

True, I find it weird enough to do it once, let alone twice. Especially given the type of vehicle it is, just MO but generally I find it's younger boys with what they consider a "tricked" out car that go to all the effort of repainting.

THE High Country is again under a negative national spotlight after television and tabloid coverage has depicted it as having 'dark secrets' and being one of the country's 'most dangerous places'.

But when you remove the adjectives and strip back the cinematic music, the facts presented are skewed and selective with a number of egregious omissions.

Three of the cases covered in Channel Nine's 'Under Investigation', hosted by Liz Hayes, which aired last Wednesday night, did occur within what the majority of people call the High Country.

Two cases, however, which were weaved into the story entitled 'Curse of the High Country' didn't happen in the region.

'Dangerous' High Country side swiped by national media - Mansfield Courier

Bail? Surely not. Can you imagine the outrage?

I wonder if CASA has cancelled his license. I guess he will sue them too. I just don’t trust him to be honest on bail. Remember the disgruntled and rogue Alaska airlines employee that stole a Dash 8 and took it for a spin around Seattle? The thing is, you can cancel his license but if he wants to cause problems, nothing stopping him from finding and aircraft and taking off. Many large aircraft don’t have keys.

Under no circumstances can he be let out on bail.

Looks like he is going to make this trial as difficult as possible.

THE High Country is again under a negative national spotlight after television and tabloid coverage has depicted it as having 'dark secrets' and being one of the country's 'most dangerous places'.

But when you remove the adjectives and strip back the cinematic music, the facts presented are skewed and selective with a number of egregious omissions.

Three of the cases covered in Channel Nine's 'Under Investigation', hosted by Liz Hayes, which aired last Wednesday night, did occur within what the majority of people call the High Country.

Two cases, however, which were weaved into the story entitled 'Curse of the High Country' didn't happen in the region.

'Dangerous' High Country side swiped by national media - Mansfield Courier
I know its too bad because it is such a beautiful place and people should be able to enjoy nature. Sensationalism I guess does bring in viewers. IMO its a difficult one to rationalize. On one hand we want to enjoy life as we wish including nature and then we also have people who are out there (life in general) who get a high out of bothering the rest of us but will do so especially if they can get away with it. All I'm saying is there are such people out there and its just best to be aware and knowledgable so one can be safe, but of course enjoy life just be aware.

For those who cannot access the article, there is a non-paywalled one here (just published) that says the same things.

GL apparently has full union support in his unfair dismissal claim.
GL submitted a 'leave plan' to Jetstar, and the union seems to feel that should cover him for the period of his remand.

Murder-accused pilot’s unfair dismissal bid

Last edited:
Bail? Surely not. Can you imagine the outrage?

I wonder if CASA has cancelled his license. I guess he will sue them too. I just don’t trust him to be honest on bail. Remember the disgruntled and rogue Alaska airlines employee that stole a Dash 8 and took it for a spin around Seattle? The thing is, you can cancel his license but if he wants to cause problems, nothing stopping him from finding and aircraft and taking off. Many large aircraft don’t have keys.

Under no circumstances can he be let out on bail.

Looks like he is going to make this trial as difficult as possible.

He would be the true definition of a 'flight risk'. (sorry, couldn't resist o_O )

Jetstar sacked GL in January and he has now launched an unfair dismissal claim against them with Fair Work Australia, with the support of his union, saying he was unfairly dismissed by the airline.

In a letter to Jetstar, the Transport Workers Union said he was denied procedural fairness and the airline's decision to sack him was "disproportionate to the circumstances in which he finds himself."

The TWU said he hadn't been convicted of a crime or found guilty of misconduct and he had advised Jetstar he couldn't attend work because he's on remand.

The TWU said he was suffering "the deprivation of termination of his employment for circumstances that he has no responsibility for".

Jetstar said in a statement that it made no comment about the criminal charges he was facing. "However, it's clear that Greg Lynn is on remand pending trial and would not physically be able to perform his duties for a significant period of time.

Former Jetstar pilot accused of murder launches unfair dismissal claim

Maybe I'm reading too much into this but GL launching an unfair dismissal claim makes me think a) he did not tell police where the bodies were and b) he has no intention of pleading guilty

All IMO
Jetstar sacked GL in January and he has now launched an unfair dismissal claim against them with Fair Work Australia, with the support of his union, saying he was unfairly dismissed by the airline.

In a letter to Jetstar, the Transport Workers Union said he was denied procedural fairness and the airline's decision to sack him was "disproportionate to the circumstances in which he finds himself."

The TWU said he hadn't been convicted of a crime or found guilty of misconduct and he had advised Jetstar he couldn't attend work because he's on remand.

The TWU said he was suffering "the deprivation of termination of his employment for circumstances that he has no responsibility for".

Jetstar said in a statement that it made no comment about the criminal charges he was facing. "However, it's clear that Greg Lynn is on remand pending trial and would not physically be able to perform his duties for a significant period of time.

Former Jetstar pilot accused of murder launches unfair dismissal claim

I am absolutely hopeless with uploading information. For further information holding an ASIC check out Australian Government Home Affairs/or holding an ASIC and also Auscheck requirements. I would find it very difficult for this to progress further through Fair Work. The Pilot’s union member would be “gobsmacked” with the very thought. We once had a Pilot that was demoted to First Officer taken off line for 6 months because he left the Flight Deck door open !!

b) he has no intention of pleading guilty
That stood out to me reading the numerous quotes in the Herald Sun article. Looks like we are going down that path.

Despite being in jail on remand, the 55-year-old claims to be “suffering” after he was terminated from his job in “circumstances that he has no responsibility for”.

That stood out to me reading the numerous quotes in the Herald Sun article. Looks like we are going down that path.

Despite being in jail on remand, the 55-year-old claims to be “suffering” after he was terminated from his job in “circumstances that he has no responsibility for”.

Maybe he should contemplate the fact that the victims' families are suffering after he terminated their lives.

I've never heard of anyone anywhere charged with murder/s commencing an unfair dismissal action. What a hide.

Jetstar has slammed the TWU over their claims GL – charged with double murder — was sacked unfairly. A letter from Jetstar to an imprisoned Lynn dated January 7 advised him his employment would be terminated immediately. It said, “Your present circumstances clearly prevent you from performing your role of narrow body captain”.

A Jetstar spokeswoman said, “Jetstar makes no comment on the criminal charges, noting this matter is still before the courts, however it’s clear that Mr Lynn is on remand pending trial and would not physically be able to perform his duties for a significant period of time,” she said.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ne...y/news-story/f1cf6046d24921f0def4b03d5a1712f7

Knowing that he could be facing a very long sentence if found guilty, maybe he wants to have some spending money. It would be very interesting to know how many relatives or friends would be willing to stump up some money for him.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this but GL launching an unfair dismissal claim makes me think a) he did not tell police where the bodies were and b) he has no intention of pleading guilty
All IMO
RSBM

Yes, it is starting to look like he has no intention of pleading guilty. But he must have told LE where the bodies were surely, as after interviewing him, police went straight to the place where they were (after having had no success searching for nearly 2 years!). And if he knew where the bodies were, how is he going to maintain his innocence? A passerby? An unwilling accomplice? Pull the other one.

RSBM

Yes, it is starting to look like he has no intention of pleading guilty. But he must have told LE where the bodies were surely, as after interviewing him, police went straight to the place where they were (after having had no success searching for nearly 2 years!). And if he knew where the bodies were, how is he going to maintain his innocence? A passerby? An unwilling accomplice? Pull the other one.
I'm starting to think the police got the information from his sat nav after his arrest. If he hasn't told them then that's the only other possible option I can think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz