Found Deceased TX - Thomas Brown, 18, Hemphill County, 23 Nov 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the recent update. Listened to the Samples show. It's great that his guest mentioned the significance of TuB's claims about the gate being open whilst driving by with Deputy PG, but yet not appearing on CCTV. I made the exact comment here a couple of months back but only about one other person understood/agreed about just how important it is. Hopefully he explained better than I did and you will understand it now.

This can only suggest the following scenarios:
(1) TuB is lying about driving by with PG and seeing it open - which makes you wonder why
(2) TuB is truthful and they really did drive by the gate but the Sheriff's vehicles are using top-secret cloaking technology that renders the vehicles (and their headlight projections) invisible on CCTV.

I am concerned about the information of no car seen driving by the water treatment plant. I do remember your comments about that artiyail and was concerned then, but did not know the facts yet.

According to Klein.......Tom had no problems......
According to Chris Samples........Tom was having problems and wanted counseling, but did not because he would have to tell his Mom......

Everyone needs to keep wearing their knee-high boots!

Thanks for the recent update. Listened to the Samples show. It's great that his guest mentioned the significance of TuB's claims about the gate being open whilst driving by with Deputy PG, but yet not appearing on CCTV. I made the exact comment here a couple of months back but only about one other person understood/agreed about just how important it is. Hopefully he explained better than I did and you will understand it now.

(1) TuB is lying about driving by with PG and seeing it open - which makes you wonder why
(2) TuB is truthful and they really did drive by the gate but the Sheriff's vehicles are using top-secret cloaking technology that renders the vehicles (and their headlight projections) invisible on CCTV.
Before I ask this question I should probably go research it myself and figure it out. BUT, I am not as I am time-limited right now. I haven't seen what the video would show if they would have driven by. If they were there would it be a long pass by as in it would take a few seconds to be noticed? Any idea of the speed limit there? Any idea of the type of camera system?

I bring all that up because at my house I have a camera system on the outside. Sometimes this system doesn't activate as it should when the motion is fast. A fast animal or car might not show. Is this possible with the camera and gate?

Before I ask this question I should probably go research it myself and figure it out. BUT, I am not as I am time-limited right now. I haven't seen what the video would show if they would have driven by. If they were there would it be a long pass by as in it would take a few seconds to be noticed? Any idea of the speed limit there? Any idea of the type of camera system?

I bring all that up because at my house I have a camera system on the outside. Sometimes this system doesn't activate as it should when the motion is fast. A fast animal or car might not show. Is this possible with the camera and gate?

We have known since October 2021 when OAG released their partial information packet that the Pavilion CCTV picked up only one vehicle traveling past at (5:56 AM) during that early morning timeframe. Being aware of the importance of the statement that TB is alleged to have made regarding the open gate that was normally closed, one must ask: "Because TB and Deputy PG did not drive through the area, how did TB know that the normally closed gate was open at the time?".

I don't know the answer but I believe it is a valid question.

Yes OutWest, this question really bothers me. As the newspaper lady stated, someone is lying and you need to put on very tall boots to keep out of the muck.

If they have CCTV proof another vehicle was not on that road, how does TuB know the gate was open....AND do we REALLY know the gate was open or have we just heard that from TuB?
And where was Chris when the deputy came around? Was he in bed all night asleep? I agree he should have been in the yard with PM and TuB.

At the end of the interview, both Chris Samples and the previous investigator alluded to some things that we are not privy to. Since Websleuths is a victim friendly site, I am assuming we will never know.
I am beginning to wonder if there is some very interesting information the OAG has that they have not released. I hope someday SOMEONE will crack and tell the truth about what happened to Thomas.

Yes OutWest, this question really bothers me. As the newspaper lady stated, someone is lying and you need to put on very tall boots to keep out of the muck.

If they have CCTV proof another vehicle was not on that road, how does TuB know the gate was open....AND do we REALLY know the gate was open or have we just heard that from TuB?
And where was Chris when the deputy came around? Was he in bed all night asleep? I agree he should have been in the yard with PM and TuB.

At the end of the interview, both Chris Samples and the previous investigator alluded to some things that we are not privy to. Since Websleuths is a victim friendly site, I am assuming we will never know.
I am beginning to wonder if there is some very interesting information the OAG has that they have not released. I hope someday SOMEONE will crack and tell the truth about what happened to Thomas.

Nannymo, very good questions and I agree there were some unusual behaviors.

I’ll take a stab at answering my own question from my previous post (How did TB know the gate was open?). His statement regarding the open gate was made long after the day the vehicle was located; the gate would to have be open for the Durango to have been parked at the site where it was found; therefore TB could easily ascertain that the gate was open without having actually been there.

The "live" KXDJ broadcast had a few more comments at the end than the posted version has. At the end, Chris Samples stated that a high ranking state official told him that the information released by OAG in their October 2021 packet was "only the tip of the iceberg". Really no surprise, I think we all know that investigators have much more info than is available "publicly".

There are a number of "unusual" actions on the part all involved parties within the case. Like no other. However, IMO none of the actions them actually constitute hard, convincing evidence of guilt. None.

Wrongful convictions happen more often than many of us would like to believe ......

Two cases that I have mentioned before are those of Michael Morton and Greg Kelly. Both cases were prosecuted in Williamson County, Texas. Before being exonerated, Morton spent over 25 years of a life sentence in prison for the murder of his wife. Kelly, an 18 year-old star football athlete, spent over 15 months in prison before being exonerated of sexually molesting a 4 year-old boy. In both of those cases, the evidence that eventually exonerated both individuals was suppressed and/or ignored during the initial investigation by both investigators and prosecutors; a "team" effort.

My point is that there will nearly always be circumstances or circumstantial evidence during an investigation that could potentially point to a particular party. “Person(s) of interest”. The pitfall occurs when investigators (or radio "guests") get so wrapped up in proving their theory that they ignore other exonerating evidence or evidence that points toward another party or other possibilities. Then once the snowball gets to rolling there will be others who are quick to “jump on that bandwagon”. A large snowball is difficult to stop.

I am not indicating by any means that the current OAG investigative team has any ill-gotten motives. Very much the contrary; they have expended a lot of work on the case. However, I do realize that they are human and that they have significant pressure to solve this highly publicized case; which is why I have stated many times, “I hope investigators interpret the evidence correctly … all of the evidence”.

There are a number of "unusual" actions on the part all involved parties within the case. Like no other. However, IMO none of the actions them actually constitute hard, convincing evidence of guilt. None.

Wrongful convictions happen more often than many of us would like to believe ......

Two cases that I have mentioned before are those of Michael Morton and Greg Kelly. Both cases were prosecuted in Williamson County, Texas. Before being exonerated, Morton spent over 25 years of a life sentence in prison for the murder of his wife. Kelly, an 18 year-old star football athlete, spent over 15 months in prison before being exonerated of sexually molesting a 4 year-old boy. In both of those cases, the evidence that eventually exonerated both individuals was suppressed and/or ignored during the initial investigation by both investigators and prosecutors; a "team" effort.

My point is that there will nearly always be circumstances or circumstantial evidence during an investigation that could potentially point to a particular party. “Person(s) of interest”. The pitfall occurs when investigators (or radio "guests") get so wrapped up in proving their theory that they ignore other exonerating evidence or evidence that points toward another party or other possibilities. Then once the snowball gets to rolling there will be others who are quick to “jump on that bandwagon”. A large snowball is difficult to stop.

I am not indicating by any means that the current OAG investigative team has any ill-gotten motives. Very much the contrary; they have expended a lot of work on the case. However, I do realize that they are human and that they have significant pressure to solve this highly publicized case; which is why I have stated many times, “I hope investigators interpret the evidence correctly … all of the evidence”.
Well, I think they have studied all the evidence and have come up with zilch.
They will leave the case open in hopes more evidence comes to light. I'm sure they have theories but none of them are airtight and they're not going to squander that evidence they have in a failed prosecution due to little proof. This is all in the last Tom Brown's Body where the woman AG is interviewed.

Did Tom have any other known social media besides the now-deleted facebook shared in the original missing thread?

Did Tom have any other known social media besides the now-deleted facebook shared in the original missing thread?
Yes - I know Thomas had an Instagram account which is still publicly visible, I'm not sure about the rules so won't link to it, although you should be able to find it easily. It's mentioned (not the actual account name) on page 9 of the Texas Attorney General's report about the Thomas Brown case, which was released last year the evening before the private investigator gave a public talk in Canadian. It has some 'interesting' references to suicide.

This is not fact but purely my theory: the person who deleted Tom's facebook account would have probably delete his Instagram account also, however, Tom probably only had access to the Instagram account set up on his phone. Tom's facebook account could easily be deleted by someone if for instance they had access to his PC or personal (not school) laptop...but if access to Instagram was only available on his phone then they wouldn't be able to access it without his iPhone passcode.

I have to say, I never looked at Tom’s Instagram until this question came up. Then I went and looked at the AG’s report closely. It something that would have influenced my thinking had I looked at during this case. Ironically, what influenced me was his “bio” and I didn’t see that mentioned anywhere. I still have a difficult time with this case because like others have said I truly don’t understand the need for Penny to stay with this if suicide nor even move the body.
The quote in his bio is from a famous wrestler.

There is a new post out by Klein Investigations of their interview with Chris Jones. The audio is contained in the Facebook post.

Public Statement On The Thomas Brown Case :
We have been given permission to release the audio of Chris Jones to the general public. You can make your own determination.

https://fb.watch/cfsXHBIb17/

F72C7A7B-857C-4FE3-ACA8-D227DC28889E.jpeg AEA62373-671C-416A-A6BC-7CC3D7ADE16D.jpeg EADF83BB-8D5F-442E-B188-39620FECFBA2.jpeg 827AC260-C674-4B7A-A90C-66C9BF84665C.jpeg

More documents released by Philip Klein.

Public Release:

There has been much conjecture regarding our "ruining" the former Sheriff of Hemphill County's life. We want to remind the public that we were not the ones that falsified training records, destroy evidence in the Tom Brown case, make fake and false entries by reporting into the Tom Brown Case record, take out a photo from the case file and destroy it, and failed his polygraph regarding Tom's phone and may have committed aggravated perjury.

The attached letter lays out our concerns to General Paxton and the district attorney of Hemphill County.

This and more will be discussed on the PODCAST dropping Monday.

Woooooooow. I have followed this case passively. I don’t remember where I first followed it but this whole thing is terrible. Almost every movement of his was recorded around town and viewed, except for the death and that’s weird to me.

View attachment 339425 View attachment 339426 View attachment 339427 View attachment 339428

More documents released by Philip Klein.

Public Release:

There has been much conjecture regarding our "ruining" the former Sheriff of Hemphill County's life. We want to remind the public that we were not the ones that falsified training records, destroy evidence in the Tom Brown case, make fake and false entries by reporting into the Tom Brown Case record, take out a photo from the case file and destroy it, and failed his polygraph regarding Tom's phone and may have committed aggravated perjury.

The attached letter lays out our concerns to General Paxton and the district attorney of Hemphill County.

This and more will be discussed on the PODCAST dropping Monday.

So according to Kleins FB, the Meeks home was investigated by the Rangers, HCSO, and with dogs. I think we have discussed them NOT doing that, but I guess that is incorrect.
So according to Kleins FB, the Meeks home was investigated by the Rangers, HCSO, and with dogs. I think we have discussed them NOT doing that, but I guess that is incorrect.
If that were the case, and maybe it was, why was this not mentioned by PM? Or did they (LE) arrive at the home only to get TB's clothes so the dogs could get his scent when searching? Why didn't PM say that her home had been searched by LE and by dogs? The extent of that search of the M home needs to be clarified, imo.

Also, my impression was that PK was polygraphed regarding the placement of the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justice is coming