Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion 18, kidnapped from pkg lot, car fnd, Fernley, 12 Mar 2022 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have the exact coordinates of where the last cell phone pinged

I have only seen this map provided by Lyon Co Sheriff

277223196_344634731044425_8370803467094861184_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=344634741044424&set=pcb.344634947711070

Everything in this post is MOO.

I've been thinking a lot about circumstances leading up to this crime. Here are my thoughts on scenarios with a new one at the bottom now that we know the criminal history of the arrested suspect.
  • Random / stranger: Suspect had urge to commit heinous crime and was prowling by sight for victim. Could have been hunting in multiple places for days, weeks. Picked Naomi at random.
  • Targeted 1 /stranger: Suspect encountered Naomi in person somewhere (could be Walmart lot) previously and became fixated on her. Stalked her and attacked her specifically. He would have still been a stranger to Naomi.
  • Targeted 2/ stranger: Suspect encountered Naomi online and became fixated. He stalked her online and learned enough to find her in person. He would have still been a stranger to her.
  • Previous interaction - casual in person: Suspect and Naomi have met in person. Either through a mutual acquaintance or randomly (at a store, for example). He became fixated and started stalking her. She might have recognized him at the car.
  • Previous interaction - casual online: Suspect and Naomi have met online. He became fixated and started stalking her.
  • Previous interaction - intimate: Suspect and Naomi dated in some fashion. Possibly meeting online and then meeting in person. Possibly Naomi rebuffed him (due to age, personality, catfishing) and that rejection triggered him.
  • Historic Trigger: Naomi is close to the age of the girl at the center of the crime from suspect's past. Suspect did approx 12 years of prison for helping the girl. Perhaps he's built up a lot of rage over the years. Or the opposite, he had a taste of murder at 17 and has wanted to do it again. Something about Naomi triggered him to thinking about the original girl. Suspect recreates the original crime but with him as the center and Naomi as the victim. Some similarities between the two crimes could include lying in wait, moving the victim, hiding the victim, living a somewhat normal life for two weeks after crime.
MOO

I’m wondering if her dad being a prominent diplomat had something to do with this. Because he was charged with kidnapping at this point, it makes me believe there was a ransom or some other personal gain for this idiot. I pray they find her alive.
MO

I’m wondering if her dad being a prominent diplomat had something to do with this. Because he was charged with kidnapping at this point, it makes me believe there was a ransom or some other personal gain for this idiot. I pray they find her alive.
MO

I believe their connections is the main reason she got so much coverage and LE involvement as well (in an interview last night, the mom implied as much and said they would ALL rain down on him if he doesn't give up her location, etc). Good for them, but also sad that so many get slim to none coverage. We need to do better.

FYI, there are fake pictures on SM showing a woman being put into an ambulance saying it's her. THIS IS FALSE. According to her brother. IMO
Why would someone do that?! It really had my Hopes up...heartbreaking
Does anyone have the exact coordinates of where the last cell phone pinged
Did you see Pandamonium's post about KOLO 8 News Now?

IMO This has all of the ingredients to possibly not turn out well. Thank goodness that many of our malls and stores, especially Walmart, do such a good job with surveillance. I know. I know. Many don't like the intrusion of a video camera catching us picking our nose but in the grand scheme of things...it has saved lives and helped in finding the predator's out there. This is a scary one and I feel for the family. Unfortunately, it is rarely a good sign when a suspect is in custody and the poor victim is not found or with the individual. Not a lot on this yet. Mostly surveillance and suspect not talking. Hoping for the best. If anyone sees more on this please post.

I really feel it was random and he chose her because of her late model car. In most cars these days, you would not expect for someone to move very quickly from the driver’s seat to the passenger seat since most cars have a consol in the middle. I don’t think an abductor would take the chance if his intentions were to enter the car through the driver’s door. By targeting a much older car, he knew the transition of her sliding over would be much easier. Based on age, he would have started driving in the mid 90’s. Her car was a 1992 model I think, so possibly he had the same kind of car or similar.

From another article from the Ukiah Daily Journal dated Aug 31, 1997:

Troy Edward Driver, 17, will be sentenced next month for his part in the April 22 murder of reputed methamphetamine dealer PSR, defense attorney JCW told the Journal Friday.
Driver also pled guilty to three charges of second-degree robbery of a Ukiah Circle K convenience store and Chevron service stations in Willits and Rohnert Park. He also pled guilty to second-degree burglary in connection with the February break-in of a Willits Coast-to-Coast hardware store.
Driver also admitted to using a firearm during the three robberies, JCW said.
As part of a negotiated settlement, Driver will be sentence to 15 years in state prison for his part in all the crimes, including PSR's death.
JCW said Driver will have to serve 85% of his sentence on the three robbery charges. He will be released in about 12 years.
Each of the robbery charges will count as a "strike" against Driver under California's "three strikes" law.

31 Aug 1997, Page 1 - Ukiah Daily Journal at Newspapers.com

I really feel it was random and he chose her because of her late model car. In most cars these days, you would not expect for someone to move very quickly from the driver’s seat to the passenger seat since most cars have a consol in the middle. I don’t think an abductor would take the chance if his intentions were to enter the car through the driver’s door. By targeting a much older car, he knew the transition of her sliding over would be much easier. Based on age, he would have started driving in the mid 90’s. Her car was a 1992 model I think, so possibly he had the same kind of car or similar.
I think it was random, also...I think she was very vulnerable and not aware of her surroundings, of the danger. IMHO, Predators can somehow sense the vulnerability...

IMHO, his conviction was involving drugs...I wonder if he's still on drugs? Imo, he's a monster.

from his eyes, my guess is yes--and that was a DMV pic so no clue how long ago that was. Who knows what he looks like currently?

ETA, that area around Ukiah/Willits was a known druggie area. It's always had a scary reputation around drugs as far back as I can remember. One of my sister's lived there a while back and she wouldn't even drive the roads without a gun (CCW).

Last edited:
From another article from the Ukiah Daily Journal dated Aug 31, 1997:

Troy Edward Driver, 17, will be sentenced next month for his part in the April 22 murder of reputed methamphetamine dealer PSR, defense attorney JCW told the Journal Friday.
Driver also pled guilty to three charges of second-degree robbery of a Ukiah Circle K convenience store and Chevron service stations in Willits and Rohnert Park. He also pled guilty to second-degree burglary in connection with the February break-in of a Willits Coast-to-Coast hardware store.
Driver also admitted to using a firearm during the three robberies, JCW said.
As part of a negotiated settlement, Driver will be sentence to 15 years in state prison for his part in all the crimes, including PSR's death.
JCW said Driver will have to serve 85% of his sentence on the three robbery charges. He will be released in about 12 years.
Each of the robbery charges will count as a "strike" against Driver under California's "three strikes" law.

31 Aug 1997, Page 1 - Ukiah Daily Journal at Newspapers.com

Here's the court record for the case. He was sentenced as an adult, and at that time was due to serve 85% of a 15 year sentence. I'm not sure when he was paroled, or how to find that information?
Mendocino Superior Court Case Information Portal

IMHO, his conviction was involving drugs...I wonder if he's still on drugs? Imo, he's a monster.
It seems there was an initial charge at the time connecting him with drug dealing, I'm not sure there was any evidence he was using. That charge disappeared and he was never convicted of that. My opinion is, the charge of dealing was dropped as a plea deal but I can't find any evidence of that in any articles. At the very least he was also connected to several armed robberies and burglaries, so at 17 he had already had quite a history.

I think this guy is a deviant sexual predator.

If he had never met her before, then this is a random attack spurred by his sick impulses.

However, I believe he was waiting for her, likely having cases her out prior. As a construction worker, these early hours are “normal” for him. Had he been in the vicinity before to grab a coffee or some thing and saw her? Decided to watch her routine/schedule?

Also, and this is probably going to be an unpopular opinion, but she was a tall, larger girl. He might have some kind of fetish and chose her for that reason.

Yes. And also there's hardly any electronics in it.
It has no gps or anything. He couldn't have taken her that untraceable and put the car back if it were a newer car.
I think the car being that old offered an opportunity.
I've always had old cars and have had loads of trouble with locking the cars.
Malfunctioning electronics, the lock buttons easily break off when they are that old etc.
He could have checked that car out after she got on the shuttle previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalKnowledge