Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #98

Status
Not open for further replies.
His lies about him using the 'drug dart' will make it hard for the defense to dismiss the use of the dart. He already admitted to using them. Why would he do that if he really never used them for anything?

Barry can't help himself because chronic liars do what statement analysts call "leaking marbles".
The truth is in the subconscious and they can't stop it from leaking when they open their mouths.
(I won't be surprised if an early fellow inmate shares a few Barry leaks during the trial....perhaps some pillow talk!)

It's worth a read on how Statement Analysis works to see how Barry did the usual bad-mouthing of his victim (Suzanne's drunk face, for instance), throwing out religious "facts", blanking on important blocks of time and an assortment of other Liar Habits. "I didn't do it but if I did do it I didn't do it the way you said I did it or for the reasons you said I did."

It’s Mother’s Day here today. My son has come home for the weekend. My husband brought me coffee in bed Even the dog has brought me presents (clever boy that he is).

This, for me, is how it should be. I find myself thinking about Suzanne and feeling so sad for her.

Justice is coming, Suzanne.

Good find MassGuy. Guess he was carrying Suzanne's phone with him while preparing to leave? I wonder where he disposed of that phone.
I think he might have disposed of Suzanne's phone in the trash can at the McDonalds where he was seen 'pushing it down'. He might have thought that was a can that was frequently emptied and could be disposed of easily along with all the other fast food trash.

MOO

It really seems like they are making that up.

It shocked me at first---to think that a sexual predator's DNA would be found on her bedsheets and bike and bike helmet and in her RR.
And how did no one mention it before? It would have made me pause and take another look at this case if that claim was true.

Isn't the judge going to call them out on making such an outrageous claim? Or is this just bad reporting?

Their claims are made from discovery the prosecution itself produced from the investigation, so no.

For all the pre-trial activity, I am still wondering where the reasonable doubt comes from.

SM goes missing 13 hours before the accused mysteriously skips town in the dead of night.

How does the defence account for that I wonder.

It’s Mother’s Day here today. My son has come home for the weekend. My husband brought me coffee in bed Even the dog has brought me presents (clever boy that he is).

This, for me, is how it should be. I find myself thinking about Suzanne and feeling so sad for her.

Justice is coming, Suzanne.

I hope you are being thoroughly spoilt,you really deserve it .

I still find it odd that there seemed to be absolutely no plans by the girls to celebrate mother's day with Suzanne. No cards left for her to open that morning .

For all the pre-trial activity, I am still wondering where the reasonable doubt comes from.

SM goes missing 13 hours before the accused mysteriously skips town in the dead of night.

How does the defence account for that I wonder.
Defense would say Was she missing for 13 hours? That is the time span that is being speculated. It could be much greater than 13 hours. From her last image to whenever the Ritters went to the house I think would be more accurate. Prosecution is running on the assumption it was Barry and that is the assumption it is the 13 hours.

I don't agree. And I don't blame the prosecution except to be disappointed that they do not bring an aggressive attitude into court. I would enjoy seeing some emotional energy on their part. But they can win without it.

IMO this case's main flaw is lack of a body. It would be unwise to delay prosecution on that basis only since it could be years or never before pursuit of justice begins.

The courts' main flaw is hiding this case from the public. It is important that mass media stop being denied any means other than note taking to give us the facts. If we could see both sides in action and judge for ourselves, much frustration would cease because light would shine on the proceedings. Releasing documents in a timely manner would also be less prejudicial to the prosecution. The defense benefits from the hidden nature of this case.

If BM walks and the only thing the public is privy to is 2nd and 3rd hand information plus any docs that are finally released, the right to access public information as enshrined in our Constitution will be the victim here. And that will be the fault of the Colorado legal system that likes to act in secret as much as possible. That is shameful.

JMO
______<vr lavendered by subscriber for focus>_____

Yes! & in spades.

Alas, Suzanne is by now at one and integral with Mother Earth.
She was committed to the earth, initially, I've believed, within the boundaries of her property; by now, coming up on two years, whatever 'additives' were used with her interment have done their work. What she was, is now naught but a disparate, slowly diffusing strata of molecules.

HOWEVER
What is NOT diffusing are:
  • Suzanne's engagement 'rock' ...errr... ring,
  • and her wedding band.
I mentioned eons ago that these were the smoking gun(s).

There's no way in Hades that B. Morfrugal left these on her corpse before final disposition.
The accused either still has them secreted, or has made "other use" of their market value, i.e. paying off a substantial creditor.

Also back eons, I suggested publication(s) of these rings' characteristics, together with a quite substantial reward;
  • and then & thereafter pawn/estate jewelry/ precious stone "custom" re-set shop contact/inquiries, to include on-line auction site perusal,
  • some by CO & IN LE ..., but now I'm thinking
  • mostly by "volunteers", which I suspect would number in the thousands, many of whom would be familiar to us.
Ha! Hoisted by his own petard!
Wouldn't it be rich?

All the above, every bit,
my proprietary

[nah]
opinion.

Defense would say Was she missing for 13 hours? That is the time span that is being speculated. It could be much greater than 13 hours. From her last image to whenever the Ritters went to the house I think would be more accurate. Prosecution is running on the assumption it was Barry and that is the assumption it is the 13 hours.
Suzanne was not alive to open Snap Chats Saturday and participate in a highly anticipated online wedding of her BFF's daughter on Mothers Day, nor did she answer or return calls to her own beloved daughters on Mothers Day.

What possible reason would that be? She was incapacitated, by murder, by BARE, that's why.

MOO

Suzanne was not alive to open Snap Chats Saturday and participate in a highly anticipated online wedding of her BFF's daughter on Mothers Day, nor did she answer or return calls to her own beloved daughters on Mothers Day.

What possible reason would that be? She was incapacitated, by murder, by BARE, that's why.

MOO
I think when people ask what defense might do it is worth conversation. For me a “Barry Morphew is guilty affirmation group” is less interesting at this point in the case than the smart minds that are here in Websleuths looking objectively at what is left of the cases’ circumstantial evidence. For instance why on earth would Sheila’s husband come up in the case notes on the dNA conversation CBI had. I assume he was at home for his daughters wedding so why even mentioned? There are quite a few strange things that have never been discussed that could pop up from defense.

I am a little disappointed to hear there is a Barry is guilty affirmation group here on Websleuths and no one thought to invite me.

Never mind I shall keep to stick to this thread where people have discussed all evidence available and identified Barry's lies and smokescreens thrown up by the defence.

I think when people ask what defense might do it is worth conversation. For me a “Barry Morphew is guilty affirmation group” is less interesting at this point in the case than the smart minds that are here in Websleuths looking objectively at what is left of the cases’ circumstantial evidence. For instance why on earth would Sheila’s husband come up in the case notes on the dNA conversation CBI had. I assume he was at home for his daughters wedding so why even mentioned? There are quite a few strange things that have never been discussed that could pop up from defense.
We can and certainly do speculate on what the Defense or even the State may do or how they might address certain issues. That's part of the reason we're all here. What doesn't make sense to me is trying to justify a reason for the hundreds of lies and changes to his story BARE told over the course of his 30+ hours of interviews.

I have no doubt we'll see 'strange things' from the Defense pop up at trial, just like we'll have things come in from the State that we just aren't privy to at this point.

Barry said they spent a wonderful Sat together, ate steak, had sex, maybe hiked Foose Lake, and then he left at 5 on Sunday for Broomfield. Suzanne must have been so happy that the marriage was reconciling, that she stopped communicating with everyone she has ever known. She blew off her close confidants, daughters, best friend, and boyfriend because she was riding a wave of hope that Barry was a changed man. Or
Barry killed her on Saturday, then staged an alibi for the wrong day, while lying about every single detail of that weekends events.

I am a little disappointed to hear there is a Barry is guilty affirmation group here on Websleuths and no one thought to invite me.

Never mind I shall keep to stick to this thread where people have discussed all evidence available and identified Barry's lies and smokescreens thrown up by the defence.
I was convinced of Barry’s guilt due to his numerous lies and the heaps of evidence that point toward his guilt, but I’m now having second thoughts. After all, there’s a coffee cup and Sheila’s husband to consider.

Page 72, I can't believe I missed this!

Barry was shown a picture of the locations around the Morphew house of Suzanne's phone activity at 4:10 AM and 4: 15 AM on May 10, 2020. He said, "Well, if she did that, I have no idea that it went anywhere but the house, but if you was to ask me, I'd say, 'It was at the house the whole time."'

That's incredibly important if they can prove that to be true, as that's the time Barry was certainly preparing to leave (his 4:30 wake up lie, notwithstanding).

They're both supposed to be in bed sleeping, yet his truck and phone is active in the driveway, and Suzanne's phone is moving when she and Barry are fast asleep.

Then her phone powers down minutes later.

Just another data point that puts a dagger in Barry's narrative.

Nicely struck, MassGuy.

Now, BION, I don't own a cell phone. But I have heard of butt calls. How about Suzanne's 4:10 AM and 4: 15 AM originating from her widower's back pocket?

Aside: I never could make any sense of what Barry's response to Grusing even meant. It struck me then as drivel, and this persists.
And I am unanimous in this. { Mrs. Slocum anyone?}

I was convinced of Barry’s guilt due to his numerous lies and the heaps of evidence that point toward his guilt, but I’m now having second thoughts. After all, there’s a coffee cup and Sheila’s husband to consider.

Do you think Sheila's husband might have travelled from Indiana and popped in for a cup of coffee ?

Last edited:
Do you Sheila's husband might have travelled from Indiana and popped in for a cup of coffee ?
Why did he even get discussed in the CBI meeting is a more curious question and then nothing more was said. So what if he wasn’t excluded? Theoretically he was preparing for his daughter’s wedding so I just don’t get the need to “exclude” him.

One of my favorite quotes and I agree that Barry's jury will see this from the get-go! They're going to need sunglasses to hide their skeptical eye-rolls.

311023-dc419fe5a20c31ac4a20546d49d22ed2.jpg

...or, as expressed in 'The Parent Language':

"Falsus in uno,
falsus in omnibus."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors