TN TN - Kaitlynn Abree Ledbetter, 25, wooded area w/o shoes, Overton Co, 2 May 2021

New search conducted for missing person

A multitude of personnel from county and state emergency management agencies, along with Tennessee Highway Patrol, gathered at Maxwell Chapel Church early Friday, Feb. 11.

“It was a search in conjunction with state and local agencies, a thorough search in the Turkey Town area for Kaitlyn Ledbetter, who’s been missing since May 2, 2021,” Overton County Sheriff John Garrett said. “A multitude of searches have already taken place in the area with multiple state and local agencies.”

He said equipment with new technology was used in Friday’s search.

“We just wanted to make sure that the area was covered as thoroughly as we thought that it had been from the searches in May,” Sheriff Garrett said. “We do have more searches that are planned in the future.”

This is very good news. Glad to see that Kaitlyn's case has not been forgotten by local LE.

The circumstances of her disappearance are strange so hopefully additional searches in the area will lead to new information being found.

If I recall correctly, Kaitlyn has a sister. I'm wondering if there were calls or texts between them shortly before Kaitlyn disappeared. If so, was anything strange or unusual mentioned?

AFAIK the only surviving witnesses to these events are Kaitlyn and her father, so any information her sister could provide about events leading up to her disappearance would be helpful to LE. I would certainly expect LE interviewed Kaitlin's sister about this long ago.

Interesting. Another MP case that has gone quiet. The last I heard LE was planning another search in February, 2022 for Kaitlynn but I'm not certain what, if anything, was found during that search.

I believe this is another MP case with both information gaps and suspicious circumstances. People cannot simply vanish. Someone must know something regarding her disappearance.

I was thinking about this case again. At least one of the 'missing' posters indicate that Kaitlyn had some kind of argument with her father just before her disappearance, but so far I've not seen anything in MSM indicating the specifics about this argument, or why it would have caused her to jump out of a window and leave their home.

Missing

I was thinking about this case again. At least one of the 'missing' posters indicate that Kaitlyn had some kind of argument with her father just before her disappearance, but so far I've not seen anything in MSM indicating the specifics about this argument, or why it would have caused her to jump out of a window and leave their home.

Missing
BBM. In January a small youtuber did an interview with Kaitlynn's sister and aunt. The sister provided more background information. I can't post a link because the channel is not approved on WS.

Thanks @indicolite22 for this information.

Unfortunately there's limited MSM reporting regarding Kaitlynn's disappearance. It would certainly help us all to better understand the details and timeline of this situation if the media would do a 'deep dive' on Kaitlynn's disappearance, or a family member would join us here.

I've been thinking about this case for a while since my earlier posts. AFAIK, Kaitlynn Ledbetter is still missing. If there have been any updates please add them to this thread.

Based on what we know so far, other than Kaitlynn herself there were only two witnesses to this incident: Kaitlynn's father and his girlfriend. No one else was reported in the home at this time.

This is a very rural, heavily-wooded area, and the incident took place in the early morning hours, so it's unlikely there would be third-party witnesses to these events. Therefore, the description of events surrounding Kaitlynn's disappearance would be based on their statements given to local LE.

Tragically, a few months after Kaitlynn disappeared the girlfriend of Kaitlynn's father died in a fire at this same house. Therefore, the only known surviving witness in Kaitlynn's disappearance is her father, assuming I have these facts correct.

I've seen no MSM or LE reports regarding events leading up to Kaitlynn's disappearance so we have no information regarding the relationships between Kaitlynn, her father, and his girlfriend. We don't know whether substance abuse, domestic violence, or mental health issues may have been involved in this situation.

Shortly after her disappearance, LE reported they tracked Kaitlynn's path through the woods near her home, but the trail ended at a local road. AFAIK there have been no sightings of Kaitlynn since, and no other physical evidence has been found.
Was only Kaitlyn's scent picked up? I ask because I want to know if someone followed her. Maybe had someone drive around,and meet up after catching her. MOO

IIRC tracer dogs traced her scent through the woods and out onto a road, where the scent disappeared.
Yes I believe this is correct. Early in the investigation it was reported that Kaitlynn's scent was tracked to a road, and the scent was lost at that point. If that is correct, then a likely scenario is that she was picked up by someone at that point. MOO

Given that this is a very rural area to begin with, and also that the incident took place around 5:30AM, logic suggests there would be very few people driving in this area at this time of day.

AFAIK it's not been reported by LE or MSM where Kaitlynn's father was, or what actions he may have taken, after she ran into the wooded area. I believe it would be very helpful to have this information.

I just found Kaitlyn's case today from this article. This doesnt sound good at all.
Agreed. I've been following this case for some time, and there are many unanswered questions regarding Kaitlynn's disappearance, not to mention the death of her father's girlfriend in that unexplained house fire a only a couple of months after Kaitlynn went missing, and the lack of quick response by local LE. The link posted by PhoneJockey mentions some of these same questions:

Tennessee woman, 26, jumped out window and disappeared off the face of the earth

From the start of this case it's unclear why Kaitlynn would supposedly jump out a window, seven feet above the ground, at 5:30AM, wearing only pajamas, leaving her cell phone behind. Keep in mind, supposedly only three people were in the home at this time: Kaitlynn, her father, and his GF, and the GF died shortly after Kaitlynn's disappearance. So the only known witness we have is Kaitlynn's father.

This new MSM report indicates Kaitlynn's exiting of the home was a result of an argument between her father and his GF. If memory serves I read somewhere early on in the case that the argument was between Kaitlynn and her father, and the GF was more of a witness. Admittedly it's been months since I read the early reports of this case so I might be mistaken there.

Regardless, if the story about Kaitlynn jumping out a window, early in the morning, dressed in pajamas and no shoes, and then running into the deep woods is to be believed, then IMO whatever was taking place in the home at that time must have been very dangerous or perhaps even life-threatening.

From earlier MSM reports it appears that local LE was not very interested or proactive in this case. Plus, according to the new Fox17 report, the detective leading the investigation apparently "lost" evidence. That does not sound either efficient or reassuring IMO. Also interesting to note that Overton County Sheriff John Garrett isn't replying to media requests for information.

Many, many questions here but very few answers.

I just found Kaitlyn's case today from this article. This doesnt sound good at all.

I also just found out about this case from an article. It looks like it's the same article but a different link.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back