TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
The perp might not be smart; he could just be lucky.

I would be looking for an offender who was a juvenile at the time, who lives within a mile of the church or attended the church, and who has had contact with law enforcement.

Yes! I also have in my scenario that he could have had a job or something that lead him past this church in the middle of the night regularly. My first thoughts seeing the video years ago was that the offender was young. MOO

Wait....what car cruised the church?

And who is the victim? You normally don't confuse me Cryptic but I'm afraid you have here.
Sorry for the confusion.

The garbled post advances the distant possibility that the victim was expected to engage in a uhmmm "adult encounter" earlier in the night and prior to her training session at the church.

Such a possibility could involve....

The traffic at the gun shop and an earlier car seen in the church parking lot were connected to this encounter. Missy, however, had either backed out of the encounter, or declined to participate.

Missy is then attacked by another participant who felt that her refusal to participate in the encounter had 'dissed them, violated group norms etc.

A big detractor to the above theory is that the jilted encounter participant would have needed to have the SWAT stuff readily available. But, could the SWAT stuff had been readily available as part of a well, role playing costume for the encounter?

Last edited:
Six Years Later, They Lead the Search for Missy Bevers’ Killer

But Renae Rodden and Crystal Lawson continue to look for the person who took Missy’s life on April 18, 2016. Their podcast “True Crime Broads,” which they started on Feb. 15, 2020, has a focus on bringing that person to justice.
-.-
“Renae and I had met in the Facebook discussion groups and realized we had years of research that others might be interested in,” Lawson said.

“We had talked on the phone and by messenger often. We both knew keeping her case in the forefront was very important, so we decided to get together and do something about it,” Rodden added.

Rodden has some investigative background, having spent years looking for members of her family. She also studied criminal justice in college.
-.-
“The arrest and waiting for trial – or plea agreement – is when we feel things will just be ramping up,” she said. “Then we will cover the trial and discuss the aftermath.
“I don’t see us stopping for a long time. Plus, we have other murder cases we will want to cover, in addition to Missy’s.”

Six Years Later, They Lead the Search for Missy Bevers’ Killer

But Renae Rodden and Crystal Lawson continue to look for the person who took Missy’s life on April 18, 2016. Their podcast “True Crime Broads,” which they started on Feb. 15, 2020, has a focus on bringing that person to justice.
-.-
“Renae and I had met in the Facebook discussion groups and realized we had years of research that others might be interested in,” Lawson said.

“We had talked on the phone and by messenger often. We both knew keeping her case in the forefront was very important, so we decided to get together and do something about it,” Rodden added.

Rodden has some investigative background, having spent years looking for members of her family. She also studied criminal justice in college.
-.-
“The arrest and waiting for trial – or plea agreement – is when we feel things will just be ramping up,” she said. “Then we will cover the trial and discuss the aftermath.
“I don’t see us stopping for a long time. Plus, we have other murder cases we will want to cover, in addition to Missy’s.”

That's a great article - most of them since the first month or two have just been a stale rehash of things we have heard many times. Thanks for sharing!

I've just been watching another YouTube video about the Missy Beavers case. I saw the video of the suspect walking again. It's occurred to me that they may have cerebral palsy that has been treated to make the walking difficulties mild.

IMO, normal people dont get up and work at 430 am i think this was a random wrong place wrong time not planned. The guy is a phyopath and uaally they tend to want to be cops so that explains the get up he's wearing also note its probably a peraon who works as a security guard lot of times those are the type of people who do this. im guessing he broke in to prowl around for fun and a thrill and didn't expect anyone to show up from the video hes calm just looking through everything busting glass then she shows up and he killed her. my opinion is they need to look at possible security workers in the area that know the church its just seems random, not a person she knows or a hit . hit men are in out boom done they wouldnt prowl around they get the job done then gone. I hope they look into my take on it think it might be a good avenue im just going on what the public knows I dont have access to the police investigation so I could be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just been watching another YouTube video about the Missy Beavers case. I saw the video of the suspect walking again. It's occurred to me that they may have cerebral palsy that has been treated to make the walking difficulties mild.
I still think, he is just at the stage of being drunk and at the stage of "I don't give a s**t", ambling around, propping up along the wall, without panache crashing some door glass, bored and waiting ...... something like that. IMO

Missy's case is one I routinely check in on to see if there has been any updates. I've seen plenty of crime CCTV/footage but there's something about this one that just creeps me out. Someone just casually ambling up and down with a hammer, just laying in wait.

I have always had a feeling this was a premeditated and targeted attack, I can't imagine how she must have felt when she realised she was not alone in that church and came face to face with whoever it is. Chilling.

Hello, I am new here but have been interested in true crime for some time.

I walk very similarly to the guy in the video. I have since I was a child. I have something called Scheuermann's disease and it's basically 3 vertebrae misshapen in my spine all right in a row and my body compensates by growing curved. I had a curve of 81 degrees of my spine before getting surgery. People with Scheuermann's can have verying degrees of a curve and may not necessarily be obvious at first glance. This condition has caused me a lot of pain but some people can live normal lives with it. It causes me to have super tight hamstrings and I walk toes out diagonally just like the killer. I could stretch multiple times a day and still have tight hamstrings. Its annoying.

I think this may be wild speculation but considering it's still unsolved, is it possible they have a condition similar to mine? If so it is quite rare. I went to multiple doctors before I was able to be diagnosed. Watching the video it seems like they could have bad posture but that could be due to Scheuermann's or some similar condition.

I walk very similarly to the guy in the video. I have since I was a child. I have something called Scheuermann's disease and it's basically 3 vertebrae misshapen in my spine all right in a row and my body compensates by growing curved. I had a curve of 81 degrees of my spine before getting surgery. People with Scheuermann's can have verying degrees of a curve and may not necessarily be obvious at first glance. This condition has caused me a lot of pain but some people can live normal lives with it. It causes me to have super tight hamstrings and I walk toes out diagonally just like the killer. I could stretch multiple times a day and still have tight hamstrings. Its annoying.

I think this may be wild speculation but considering it's still unsolved, is it possible they have a condition similar to mine? If so it is quite rare. I went to multiple doctors before I was able to be diagnosed. Watching the video it seems like they could have bad posture but that could be due to Scheuermann's or some similar condition.

On a much earlier thread, a licensed physical therapist and a podiatrist bot stated conditions that could produce the gait captured on these videos.

My personal combination of scoliosis, mild hip dysplasia, injuries, and arthritis, for one....

jmho ymmv lrr

Welcome to Websleuths, FromSoftwareFan! Great 1st Post!

It appears targeted - either by someone with a personal motive or a third party (hit) for someone else - or simply wrong place, wrong time is an unanswerable question. One of my problems with the targeted scenario is the breaking in and then wandering through the building. It would have been so much easier to park in the back out of site, wait till Missy shows up and then walk around to that entrance when Missy comes back out and shoot her with a .22 revolver. The KISS principle. Of course, both of the current situation and shooting Missy outside have the same disadvantage - how do you know Missy will show up well in advance of the others to the point where you can commit the murder and leave before others show up. If this is a personal thing against Missy would such a person be willing to kill a third party not involved in their grudge? If so, such a person had to be prepared in advance for the possibility of killing others as well. Trying to find logic in a murder though is probably not a valid argument

I have a feeling it was targeted, but if someone else happened to be with Missy, or if the situation became inconvenient, the intruder’s presence there, at such an early hour, would not be totally surprising. In other words, Missy must have known the person, maybe saw them in the camouflage, perhaps as part of some role play? JMO.

Imagine that where one works, the cleaner usually would come in the evening. One day, we arrive to work early and soon after, the cleaner emerges. Dressed differently, he explains that he is on his way to his second job and stopped by to drop some green magic. Would it look surprising, or normal? The situation with MB has the whiff of something similar. Maybe someone volunteering in the church, regularly, there are lots of jobs that are inconspicuous and also, probably the churc is the place where people are less suspicious.

On a much earlier thread, a licensed physical therapist and a podiatrist bot stated conditions that could produce the gait captured on these videos.

My personal combination of scoliosis, mild hip dysplasia, injuries, and arthritis, for one....

jmho ymmv lrr
Yes, my condition of multiple misshapen vertebrae causes something called Kyphosis, which is very similar to scoliosis but instead of the curve going off to the side, it curves inward and outward which looks like a hunch. My whole childhood I had adults and kids alike tell me to stand up straight but that was just how my back was shaped. My condition is often missed by doctors in childhood, a back brace would have helped me some if the doc had noticed.

I just thought it was weird that I walk very similarly to the killer of MB. If that person has scoliosis, mild hip dysplasia, injuries, arthritis or even Scheuermann's disease like me, then I think it would be possible that people around him/her (I think it's a man personally) would know about his/her condition or at least back pain. So if the people around him/her know of the serious back pain, they live close to Midlothian, TX and the way they walk then if they saw the surveillance footage they might be suspicious. BUT I realize that that is probably wishful thinking. BTK's wife thought that the sketch looked like her husband, Dennis Rader, but just kind of laughed it off because she couldn't imagine her husband being BTK. Even though BTK murdered someone in their neighborhood, just down the street! I wish she had called the cops just to ease her mind like Bundy's girlfriend. BTK is such a monster.

Someone with a police officer/FBI agent as a friend or was a former P.O./Agent themselves.
...... Or the close friend is a former police officer/detective/FBI agent. This friend didn't know, all his infos on crime and forensic and tactics would be secretly used by his (killer)friend - until one day the former let-us-say: detective became very suspicious of his (killer)friend and withdrew from the friendship. The awakening could have been in 2018 perhaps. MOO

jmho ymmv lrr
I'm assuming fresh knee injury plus alcohol plus maybe some (more or less) mild drug. But I'm only guessing. In any case he still was able to do "his task" at the church. IMO

hit men are in out boom done they wouldnt prowl around they get the job done then gone.
If under no circumstance it should look like the task of a hitman (is a "client" able to demand for it??), then the killer's procedure at the church was e-x-c-e-l-l-e-n-t planned. In 2022 we are still thinking about burglary/hit/self defense/coincidence/role play and what else. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa