Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s not how prison visits are handled at all. There is a lot of security. I was visiting someone in prison and had to be fingerprinted, show my ID, be searched, and I had my fingers tested for drug residue. You don’t just waltz on in.
Exactly! State prisons are not easy to fool when it comes to breaching security.

Local county jails can be a bit more lax, and I suspect Lauderdale County was more lax than most if it suited someone who matters ;)

Wow. The jail really gave the Daily Mail a tour of the facility???? You have to be kidding me. I can’t think of a single instance where a news outlet has been given an “exclusive tour” by a jail director.
While the DM is questionable , they always have great photos, IMO

How, though? America's most publicized wanted persons definitely can't jump on a flight. And I'm certain if you show up by air or sea, you need to show a passport to prove you're American.

Generally, I think people are about as adventurous when they're on the run as they are in their day to day lives. Casey has spent his whole life committing crimes in Tennessee and Alabama, and we have no proof Vicky has ever left Alabama. They MIGHT go to Mexico (IMO, it'd be smart), but the overwhelming likelihood is that they'll stay in the place where they've stayed their entire lives.
I agree
I dont think they are too far away, IMO

I was just replying to the "Cuba" post and no need for passport

"I think all of our employees and myself included were really hoping that she did not participate in this willingly. But all indications are that she absolutely did," he added. "We're very disappointed in that because we had the utmost trust in her as an employee and as an assistant director of corrections."

Missing corrections officer 'willingly' participated in inmate's escape, sheriff says

I'm getting really tired of this sheriff trying to pin this whole thing on Vicky White, "trusted employee". That's not how it works, my dude.

I remember when I worked in federal prison sometimes wondering at the absolute number of nitpicky little rules in place. Then I realized that all these little (and big) rules were in place to create the maximum number of barriers between a prisoner being on the inside and a prisoner being on the outside. Vicky White would never have accomplished this jailbreak without the cooperation of a whole lot of other people violating all kinds of rules.

She did not do this alone. And the sheriff needs to start taking some accountability for setting the conditions where a single guard could jailbreak an inmate. Good grief. IMO
All good points! It's good to have input from someone with experience in this area. And one of the first reports of the case, IIRC, said, that the person processing VW's paperwork to get CW released for the medical appointment, did not report the breach of protocol, when she told the clerk no one else was available but her to accompany the prisoner. So that looks suspiciously like cooperation, right there.

Though I think she was banking on the fact that, as deputy director of corrections, her word carried a lot of weight. She was one of the head honchos, so it's plausible, that a clerk would defer to her. But that's what the nitpicky rules are for; precisely this type of situation.

All good points! It's good to have input from someone with experience in this area. And one of the first reports of the case, IIRC, said, that the person processing VW's paperwork to get CW released for the medical appointment, did not report the breach of protocol, when she told the clerk no one else was available but her to accompany the prisoner. So that looks suspiciously like cooperation, right there.

Though I think she was banking on the fact that, as deputy director of corrections, her word carried a lot of weight. She was one of the head honchos, so it's plausible, that a clerk would defer to her. But that's what the nitpicky rules are for; precisely this type of situation.
Agreed. Protocols are in place to prevent this breach of security.

She walked this guy out of jail while getting paid for it (by us taxpayers), took some firearms from the county, and had the nerve to submit retirement papers asking for her pension....and the US Marshall's are offering only a $5,000 reward to bring her in? Are you kidding me? Maybe the Marshall's need to start a Get Me Paid page like everyone else who is missing somebody! Four days ago I was worried about her. Now I'm just plain PO. And don't even get me started about her leaving her mother and her dog....
I agree, and I'm actually PO'd about LE/county?Sheriff BS out there that are covering such HUGE errors in the system. This is on them IMO. Had there been more then 1 person checking him out, or another person verifying his fake appointment. NEED TO DO BETTER! Now there is a State ( or 3) that are scared! YA HAD ONE JOB!. IMO

I don't think it's going to go on for long. I'm trying to think of a case where a convicted, violent felon made a jailbreak followed by a nationwide manhunt and actually got away. Anyone...?

R. F. Dial, 62, Dies; Convict Fled With Warden’s Wife (Published 2007)

Randolph Dial, convicted murderer, escaped from prison in Granite, Oklahoma in 1994. Also missing that day was the Deputy Warden's wife, Bobbi Parker.

They were found almost eleven years later in 2005. They had been living and working on a secluded chicken ranch in Texas.

She was convicted of aiding in his escape, but denied assisting him and claimed to have been kidnapped. Dial maintained up until his death that he drugged and abducted her that day and was an unwilling participant.

It's a rabbit hole, warning you now.

Although they got away with it for a good while, they still got caught. Thanks America's Most Wanted.

I've been racking my brain about why they'd go east. Mexico is west, less-populous Mississippi is west, and as you go east towards Huntsville, it only gets more populous.
My thoughts: either they've planned to go to ground around Rogersville, or they're headed for 65. 65 will take them to Mobile and the water or they can cut back west to go to Mexico. If they've swapped cars, they could be deep into Florida or have crossed the border by now.

Looking at that map, they could easily get "lost" in the Appalachian and/or Blue Ridge Mountains. Not too far away. Could VW have had the foresight to purchase a mountain cabin?

Randolph Dial, convicted murderer, escaped from prison in Granite, Oklahoma in 1994. Also missing that day was the Deputy Warden's wife, Bobbi Parker.

They were found almost eleven years later in 2005. They had been living and working on a secluded chicken ranch in Texas.

She was convicted of aiding in his escape, but denied assisting him and claimed to have been kidnapped. Dial maintained up until his death that he drugged and abducted her that day and was an unwilling participant.

Although they got away with it for a good while, they still got caught. Thanks America's Most Wanted.
Excellent point and I don't see him protecting her that's for sure. IMO

I wonder if there are still chicken farms where you can get paid under the table with lodging included in Campti, TX? Worked for Parker and Dial for years.

JMO

She now has to continue outsmarting LE of all varieties, the media, Facebook and other social media warriors, scanner eavesdroppers….oh and Websleuths peeps. Good luck staying out in front of all that.
If I were Vicky, and I had means to internet, and a difficult to trace email, I would create a profile, and join Websleuths!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FOGLIGHTINVESTIGATIONS