Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White (Deceased), CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheriff Dave Wedding said that Casey White had been speaking with investigators throughout the night after he was captured.

Wedding told CNN that Vicky White was on the phone with 911 during the chase, telling them that she had a gun to her head.

By the time officers got to them, she had apparently shot herself, Wedding said. Casey White told first responders to help “his wife,” though the two were not married, telling officers that he didn’t shoot her, CNN reported.

Update 9:25 p.m. EDT May 9
: Vanderburgh County Sheriff Dave Wedding confirmed Vicky White’s death to The Associated Press just after 9 p.m. EDT Monday. Earlier in the evening, Wedding characterized Vicky White’s self-inflicted injuries as “very serious” following a police pursuit and rollover crash.
OK, so it sounds like Casey was driving and Vicky was in the passenger seat with the gun to her head and phone in her other hand. Let's see if this info changes.
She's full alpha in trying to escape and evade LE. She's not exactly someone who meekly and unwittingly got caught up in fleeing LE with a convicted violent felon. If it was CW complaining about wanting to be at the hotel and talking about fleeing from the car that would be one thing, but she's the one driving the escape and evasion narrative.
Agree. It's really quite brazen IMO.
Those statements came after he was out of the Cadillac from the videos I watched.

I also think she made the call because he was driving trying to avoid LE. And I haven't heard his voice on the LE videos.

Something else I'm curious about is some on SM saying her hand was on the trigger in a video. I haven't seen proof of that either. Anyone else?

Moo
This makes sense.

This has the full 7 minute 911 call. It goes on after LE get to the car.

I don't hear the gunshot or him saying anything.

Those statements came after he was out of the Cadillac from the videos I watched.

I also think she made the call because he was driving trying to avoid LE. And I haven't heard his voice on the LE videos.

Something else I'm curious about is some on SM saying her hand was on the trigger in a video. I haven't seen proof of that either. Anyone else?

Moo

Re: hand on the gun. In the video released by the PD, the officer is taking the gun out of her hand. Prior to his moving toward her, no other officers touch her. It must have been clear to them that she shot herself and they wanted to preserve evidence as well as having someone in charge move the gun. Once the gun was removed, she was taken out of the car and treatment began. We can't forget that the officers will write what they saw which is probably consistent with the ME finding of suicide.

I swear in these 911 calls I can never understand a dang thing they say.

I think since we're apparently not hearing all of it that VW may have been talking to CW that she had her hand on the trigger perhaps in saying she's ready to ditch the car and run. Then with all the PIT maneuvers she accidentally shot herself - having your hand on the trigger while in a moving car that's being repeatedly hit isn't exactly safe.
Except the coroner ruled her death a suicide, not an accidental shooting. He would be able to determine that from angle of the shot, proximity to weapon, etc.

I think since we're apparently not hearing all of it that VW may have been talking to CW that she had her hand on the trigger perhaps in saying she's ready to ditch the car and run. Then with all the PIT maneuvers she accidentally shot herself - having your hand on the trigger while in a moving car that's being repeatedly hit isn't exactly safe.
IMOO the car called 911 and we heard her order the plan to run. Airbags exploding could of bumped her and gun went off? Loaded guns prove to be dangerous. She may of planned to shoot it out while running for motel?

She's full alpha in trying to escape and evade LE. She's not exactly someone who meekly and unwittingly got caught up in fleeing LE with a convicted violent felon. If it was CW complaining about wanting to be at the hotel and talking about fleeing from the car that would be one thing, but she's the one driving the escape and evasion narrative.
Another way to look at it is that she wanted to get out and run in order to prevent a shoot out which she thought that CW might initiate, or LE.

At about 2:00 (AUDIO: Vicky White called 911 before crash), you can hear LE talking about the gun in her hand and her finger on the trigger. They talk about the gun in her right hand and finger on trigger again. They say at about 2:20 that she is breathing. They don't know if she is conscious at 4:20. They talk about exit wound at 4:50. They mention gun out of hand at 6:40ish.

It seems that they are working from the belief that this is a suicide.

I don't hear the gunshot or him saying anything.
Two minutes into the call, the voices about VW breathing, gun in right hand, and finger on the trigger are the first responding officers, and not CW, VW, or dispatcher. See the released videos where it's obvious the conversation/communication is the same. Officers feared VM could pull the trigger again (and stated so).

I'm surprised they took him back to the samw jail. I mean for his safety. Not that I particularly care about that but it still weird that he's there with her co-workers who are reportedly upset about her death.

After saying that the airbags were gonna go off and kill them, she said "the airbags are going off", then I can distinctly hear her say "Let's get out and run", and almost immediately after, it sounds like she says "get us back to the f'ing hotel". Not sure how he was supposed to do that if the car was already wrecked at that point, but she didn't sound ready to end her life. JMO
It also sounded like she said "Casey" a couple of times. The air bags popping were loud/ MOO. Sad ending.

Another way to look at it is that she wanted to get out and run in order to prevent a shoot out which she thought that CW might initiate, or LE.

However, being at the hotel would have been a barricade situation behind cover. If they had stayed at the hotel it would have encouraged a dangerous shoot out, which was why LE flushed them out so that wouldn't happen. Her combined comments comes across to me as she would have been perfectly willing to shoot and kill LE, like she herself would have attempted to kill cops if they hadn't fled in the vehicle.

I'm surprised they took him back to the samw jail. I mean for his safety. Not that I particularly care about that but it still weird that he's there with her co-workers who are reportedly upset about her death.
He arrived at the courthouse. After his arraignment he is apparently going to be taken straight to the prison. He won't be staying at the jail for the reasons you said, and the fact that he escaped from there in the first place.

Casey White will have a status hearing
Tuesday night and then be transferred to the Donaldson Correctional Facility in Bessemer.

Moo
In the video where police are trying to remove the gun and extract her from the car, parts were blurred out. (other than one hand dropping out while still in the car, and her legs when pulled out) I wonder if maybe there was video published before the blurring?

That had to be when they were crashing. The airbags went off and she wanted to run. LE closed in on them immediately after the crash. That must have been when she shot herself because in the full call you have officers trying to safely get the gun out of her hand. If you were watching a live stream yesterday this all came down very fast.jmo

He arrived at the courthouse. After his arraignment he is apparently going to be taken straight to the prison. He won't be staying at the jail for the reasons you said, and the fact that he escaped from there in the first place.

Casey White will have a status hearing Tuesday night and then be transferred to the Donaldson Correctional Facility in Bessemer.
Thanks! I saw the sheriff in the video and thought they were at the jail. Guess I need to actually read and not just look at pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther