Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White (Deceased), CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well ... this case has drawn my attention since VW and CW escaped. I imagined that there would be others killed in the process of capturing them and am grateful that has not been the case.

With respect to reporting ... hats off to Brian Entin, he is professional, thorough, articulate and his interview with the CarWash Manager and follow up advocating, will undoubtedly result in him receiving the reward.

As to the conflicting reports about who was driving the car, how much money they had, whether the vehicles they drove were purchased or stolen ... yikes! What happened to the days when getting it right was more important than broadcasting it first?

With respect to the Sheriff in Florence, I too am surprised that he would give the expected time of CW's arrival tonight - almost hoping it is not true and simply an attempt to distract from the actual time ... but having said that, it's probably not. I guess we'll find out tonite because there will likely be lots of reporters there to capture the moment.

Prayers and heartfelt condolences for VW's Mom, brothers, nephew, other family, friends and co-workers tonight.

Vicky: We have no idea what you were thinking or why your journey out of this world ended the way it did but we are grateful that CW is back where he needs to be and no other lives were lost.

IMHO

I'm surprised they took him back to the samw jail. I mean for his safety. Not that I particularly care about that but it still weird that he's there with her co-workers who are reportedly upset about her death.
Lauderdale County Sheriff Rick Singleton confirmed Tuesday afternoon that Casey White will be back in Lauderdale County between 9:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. Tuesday for a court hearing. He will then be immediately transported to an Alabama state prison facility.

I have nothing but respect for the LEO's from the many departments, who managed to apprehend CW without the loss of innocent lives, and especially for the EMT first responders, who, put their own lives at risk, in an attempt to save VW's.This could have had a much worse ending than it did. JMO

However, being at the hotel would have been a barricade situation behind cover. If they had stayed at the hotel it would have encouraged a dangerous shoot out, which was why LE flushed them out so that wouldn't happen. Her combined comments comes across to me as she would have been perfectly willing to shoot and kill LE, like she herself would have attempted to kill cops if they hadn't fled in the vehicle.

I think that she was trying to avoid a shoot out and it all happend so quickly that she realized they had been under surveillance and now LE were closing in on them with the chase. Don't think she really had time to think about the implications of saying "let's go back to the hotel." But all of us are just speculating, really, I wonder if we will get more definitive information at some point.

Last edited:
I have nothing but respect for the LEO's from the many departments, who managed to apprehend CW without the loss of innocent lives, and especially for the EMT first responders, who, put their own lives at risk, in an attempt to save VW's.This could have had a much worse ending than it did. JMO
Agreed. There was very little chance in my mind that this wouldn't end in a motel room standoff, or a high speed shootout. These two also had more weapons than we knew.

This was probably the best possible ending given the circumstances.

In the video where police are trying to remove the gun and extract her from the car, parts were blurred out. (other than one hand dropping out while still in the car, and her legs when pulled out) I wonder if maybe there was video published before the blurring?
I don't think LE would release video that wasn't blurred out,I think this is the only video that was released.

In the 7 minute audio near the end, it sounded like the LE who retrieved the gun said "do you want me to pull her out" and then, "someone pull me" Not 100% sure so it's JMO. If you click on the little dots you can slow it down and make out much more of what is being said.

I’m way way behind on the latest developments! I’ve read all your comments on the 911 call, but haven’t listened to it yet.

Just saw this article and couple things struck me.

1. They confirmed that the Cadillac was purchased IN EVANSVILLE.
( I don’t know why that surprised me., but Holy Cow did they really think they were bulletproof and invisible? !) To hang around there and drop the truck, the motel etc is so bizarre.

2. They found “ camping/survival gear ( see pic) Looks like a cheap tent, a Bic grill topper and some waterproof matches.

I am just so intrigued by how these 2 people arrived at their decisions and if they really had an endgame thought out . JMO

Attachments

• DCC4295D-CE78-4958-9EBB-42A04A05365F.jpeg
    DCC4295D-CE78-4958-9EBB-42A04A05365F.jpeg
    108.5 KB · Views: 46
I believe the additional charges against VW announced last week surrounded her purchase of the Orange SUV. According to the latest presser by IN Sheriff Wedding, VW did not have any identification when she attempted to rent the motel room and was denied.

But now that she is deceased, I don't believe they can realistically bring any charges against her.

Seems to be a moot point.

JMO

Would the car possibly have called 911? Something like Onstar or whatever? A Cadillac is likely to be equipped with such technology. Or, is she wearing an Apple Watch? It will also call 911 on its own if there is suspected need. Mine asks me first and if I don't respond, it would call. And that's for even a simple trip or stumble, something the watch interprets as an emergency.
It hasn’t been confirmed what model of the Cadillac was, but I asked my partner who is a car aficionado and he said that it is probably from between 2005 and 2010. OnStar wasn’t added to Cadillacs until 2015, so it’s unlikely it had it (assuming it is a 2005-2010 model).

Agreed. There was very little chance in my mind that this wouldn't end in a motel room standoff, or a high speed shootout. These two also had more weapons than we knew.

This was probably the best possible ending given the circumstances.
They should be considered dangerous and may be armed with an AR-15 rifle, handguns and a shotgun.

They had four handguns and the AR-15 rifle when captured. LE didn't recover a shotgun. Where is it? Did they stash it somewhere with some of the cash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1