Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White (Deceased), CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m way way behind on the latest developments! I’ve read all your comments on the 911 call, but haven’t listened to it yet.

Just saw this article and couple things struck me.

1. They confirmed that the Cadillac was purchased IN EVANSVILLE.
( I don’t know why that surprised me., but Holy Cow did they really think they were bulletproof and invisible? !) To hang around there and drop the truck, the motel etc is so bizarre.

2. They found “ camping/survival gear ( see pic) Looks like a cheap tent, a Bic grill topper and some waterproof matches.

I am just so intrigued by how these 2 people arrived at their decisions and if they really had an endgame thought out . JMO

They did this backwards. They should have been hiding out camping instead of hanging around Evansville.

I’m way way behind on the latest developments! I’ve read all your comments on the 911 call, but haven’t listened to it yet.

( I don’t know why that surprised me., but Holy Cow did they really think they were bulletproof and invisible? !) To hang around there and drop the truck, the motel etc is so bizarre.

2. They found “ camping/survival gear ( see pic) Looks like a cheap tent, a Bic grill topper and some waterproof matches.

I am just so intrigued by how these 2 people arrived at their decisions and if they really had an endgame thought out . JMO

from the link:
"A search of the Cadillac used as a final getaway vehicle by Casey White and Vicky White has revealed weapons, ammunition, thousands of dollars in cash and more, according to the Vanderburgh County (Indiana) Sheriff’s Office."
interesting that they kept everything in the Cadillac, and not in the motel room.
Since they'd paid for 2 weeks (through the homeless guy), they were not intending to leave yet.

Regardless of how he handled the press conferences, seeing this video of CW leaving the jail tonight in Alabama, and the Sheriff standing there watching the van leaving, is a poignant image, IMO. A long and intense saga is over, and the Sheriff is left to pick up the pieces, with his long-time colleague gone, and one of his most violent offenders out of his care. I hope all members of this community and jailhouse come together to support one another in the aftermath of these events.

She's full alpha in trying to escape and evade LE. She's not exactly someone who meekly and unwittingly got caught up in fleeing LE with a convicted violent felon. If it was CW complaining about wanting to be at the hotel and talking about fleeing from the car that would be one thing, but she's the one driving the escape and evasion narrative.
Yeah, I would have had far more sympathy for her if he had taken her hostage like I first thought when I heard the story.

It hasn’t been confirmed what model of the Cadillac was, but I asked my partner who is a car aficionado and he said that it is probably from between 2005 and 2010. OnStar wasn’t added to Cadillacs until 2015, so it’s unlikely it had it (assuming it is a 2005-2010 model).
OnStar debuts in Cadillac
OnStar was initially a Dealer-installed device offered in several 1997 Cadillac models. We eventually perfected the technology with the built-in system Members use today. Now everything you need is a button-push away.

Regardless of how he handled the press conferences, seeing this video of CW leaving the jail tonight in Alabama, and the Sheriff standing there watching the van leaving, is a poignant image, IMO. A long and intense saga is over, and the Sheriff is left to pick up the pieces, with his long-time colleague gone, and one of his most violent offenders out of his care. I hope all members of this community and jailhouse come together to support one another in the aftermath of these events.
I think he is in shock. He trusted her 100%. She kept her dark side completely hidden from him and her co workers.

Interesting….the camping gear does at least show the idea had occurred to them of hiding out, whether in woods or actual campgrounds. So they knew they’d be safer and spend less $$ than at the motels. But here too they’d encounter problems such as needing permits and ID. If they just pitched a tent in some wild woods it could attract police as it’s illegal. ……the fact that they had only $29 thousand left is really, really bad….

To be clear, Evansville Central Dispatch released the 7:20 minute audio recording of Vicky White’s 911 call she made when being pursued by LE. However, of this released 911 call, TAKE NOTE THAT ONLY ABOUT the first 30 seconds includes VW (audible) talking to 911.

The remainder of the audio recording is after the crash and when the first LE responders are attending the scene. This part of the dispatch recording can actually be both seen and heard by viewing the body cam videos by Evansville/US Marshalls also released.

Continuing to try and attribute anything beyond the first 30 seconds to Vicky serves only to perpetuate incorrect information and clog this thread.

Last edited:
Except the coroner ruled her death a suicide, not an accidental shooting. He would be able to determine that from angle of the shot, proximity to weapon, etc.
In the 7 minute audio, I believe the one who went in the car window said the exit wound was in the top of her head which to me indicates the entry wound was under the chin. I could be wrong and if so, my apologies.:(

I did hear who I assume to be LE say “she’s still breathing, it’s just agonal breathing though” and that the exit wound was through the top of the head.
Thanks. I gave up trying to listen to it because I couldn't make out a word!
They had four handguns and the AR-15 rifle when captured. LE didn't recover a shotgun. Where is it? Did they stash it somewhere with some of the cash?

Good question IMO.

I wonder if VW bought the camping gear prior to the escape, but after the escape CW preferred to stay in a motel in a town until they could figure out the next step.
They may have bought it in Evansville when they realized how much money they blew through. They sure wouldn't have been able to buy too many more cars. They were already criminals. They would have been better off stealing cars along the way and actually had a destination instead of winging it. Save the car purchase for the final destination to throw LE off.

She's full alpha in trying to escape and evade LE. She's not exactly someone who meekly and unwittingly got caught up in fleeing LE with a convicted violent felon. If it was CW complaining about wanting to be at the hotel and talking about fleeing from the car that would be one thing, but she's the one driving the escape and evasion narrative.
That’s simply par for the course at this point.

Where she really did act like a full on criminal was on April 29, when she lied, broke protocol, led him out knowing there was no court appointment and that it was illegal to transport him without 2 deputies; used the county patrol car to escape, etc., etc.

I was shocked then——the “let’s get out and run” is mild by comparison.

Last edited:
Suicide is often a split second decision. In this case she had a gun in her hand and used it on her self--- according to the ME. We are all lucky that she chose that route rather than shooting at the cops who were coming to apprehend her and save her. She probably could have shot at close range at least one or may be more LE.
Is there a link to the actual autopsy report? I have just been able to find links which make a passing reference to the ruling as suicide.

I ask...because I'm curious about any terminal illness that might have been found.

Or, did I miss that part of discussion in earlier threads?

Sheriff Dave Wedding said that Casey White had been speaking with investigators throughout the night after he was captured.

Wedding told CNN that Vicky White was on the phone with 911 during the chase, telling them that she had a gun to her head.

By the time officers got to them, she had apparently shot herself, Wedding said. Casey White told first responders to help “his wife,” though the two were not married, telling officers that he didn’t shoot her, CNN reported.

Update 9:25 p.m. EDT May 9
: Vanderburgh County Sheriff Dave Wedding confirmed Vicky White’s death to The Associated Press just after 9 p.m. EDT Monday. Earlier in the evening, Wedding characterized Vicky White’s self-inflicted injuries as “very serious” following a police pursuit and rollover crash.

It’s the last part of his statement that, to me, nullifies the care he had for her. Would most people tack on “and I didn’t do it” to a plea trying to get help for a person they cared about? Maybe I’m overthinking it but that portion of his sentence makes me uneasy. Jmo

Is there a link to the actual autopsy report? I have just been able to find links which make a passing reference to the ruling as suicide.

I ask...because I'm curious about any terminal illness that might have been found.

Or, did I miss that part of discussion in earlier threads?
I don’t think it’s been released yet.

It’s the last part of his statement that, to me, nullifies the care he had for her. Would most people tack on “and I didn’t do it” to a plea trying to get help for a person they cared about? Maybe I’m overthinking it but that portion of his sentence makes me uneasy. Jmo
It’s because he knew they would likely question and accuse. He’s a convict and murderer and therefore suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member