VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
This poor jury will be yawning again tomorrow with all those depos Heard’s team is supposed to play. Bet they can’t wait for closings next Friday. Remember, we have talked about this long trial extensively…they haven’t been able to.
I wonder if the jury will speak afterwards.
well.....only if the verdict is unanimous I guess....or not, I dunno

I wonder if the jury will speak afterwards.
well.....only if the verdict is unanimous I guess....or not, I dunno
I don't know if there is potential built into the verdict system of Fairfax County for such a thing; I am sure they will be questioned, and if they don't believe her but can't visibly vote in favor of JD (think he hasn't proved his case), I'm sure they will be eager to get it out into the world by whatever means possible.

Sometimes, for example, attorneys ask to meet the jury after the fact (I was part of one such pool; the jury doesn't have to acquiesce, but we were eager to meet the prosecution at this point, having in fact voted in their favor); and at other times, the first chance they have to defend a verdict they suspect is unpopular, they are eager to do so (even the Casey Anthony jury, having been read for fools, some individual human being on that jury in fact eventually spoke out with their face on camera, IIRC - it was the "please, please guys, we didn't believe her for a second; we just thought the prosecution hadn't proved their case against her beyond a shadow of a doubt" moment).

Right. 11,500 sq ft compound with views, and a huge terrace and a pool. Who wouldn't want to stay home?

With EVERYTHING paid for, food and all the expensive wine imaginable, housekeeping, holidays….they are just parasites who consumed the host.

I imagine JD kept those penthouses for his family, friends business acquaintances to visit but. <modsnip>

IMO they nearly succeeded.

Last edited by a moderator:
With EVERYTHING paid for, food and all the expensive wine imaginable, housekeeping, holidays….they are just parasites who consumed the host.

I imagine JD kept those penthouses for his family, friends and business acquaintances to visit but no <modsnip>

IMO they nearly succeeded.
In fact, at one point he testified that the intention was for his sister Christi to move into one of them/have it as a working residence. (I think it was ...P5?, the one Amber eventually hoovered as an entire walk-in closet.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Also from today's DM:

Especially useful if you wanna know about Camille... who astonishingly, is a couple years older than AH:

Camille Vasquez, 37, was born in July 1984 to parents Leonel and Marilia Vasquez, who are of Colombian descent.

They live in a $1 million home in Buena Park, according to public records.

Her father once owned a UPS Store in Anaheim. The location has been a FedEx store for the past 10 years, an employee told DailyMail.com.

Vasquez graduated from the University of Southern California with a bachelor's degree in arts, communications and political science in 2006, Newsweek reports.

The fluent Spanish speaker went to Southwestern Law School in Los Angeles from 2007 to 2010 and worked at one law firm before joining her current practice, Brown Rudnick LLP, as an associate.

She focuses on 'plaintiff-side defamation suits, with additional experience litigating contract disputes, business-related torts, and employment-related claims,' according to her bio on the law firm's website. She's also listed as having 'extensive experience handling parallel reputation management and crisis communications issues arising from these engagements.'

(In other words, I note the last sentence of my quote, kinda sorta indicates to me that Camille "IS" the Depp PR team; or at least has the capability to function as such.)

(I also note that while I'm sure the DM is canny in their picture-choosing, she looks like she wouldn't mind dating JD overmuch, lol... keep it up, Camille. Maybe Amber will blow her stack again.)

Lastly, as Camille is apparently 38, I wouldn't be at all surprised if she makes partner at the firm after this trial is over.

It might be a little career-early; it's not super early, and she's definitely earned it IMO.

What is Rocky’s line of work? Film industry?

The problem is it takes only one juror to hang this case. As one legal commentator said last night, these trials are won or lost in jury selection. I think it's also possible that there could be a juror who finds AH sympathetic like that one juror in the Jodi Arias trial. Although I realize that issue has several layers including that the juror perhaps didn't like the prosecution due to her own prior legal issues etc. I don't want to argue over that but my point is that it takes one juror. This has to be unanimous for JD to win.
I didn't know this. Isn't there one juror that AH makes eye contact with and that smiles a bit back?

IKR.

My husband and family work in the 'business.' They work with many actors and comics. The most successful ones do become 'hermits'---especially when they are successfully working a lot.

They savor being at home, where they have all the luxury and accessories one might need. Why go out when it is so annoying being hounded by the press and the public?

They have to 'go out' and make appearances all the time so when they don't have to they prefer to stay in.
I do appreciate your valuable and very interesting informative input from the fact of husband and family working in "the business". Thank you very much. MOO.

I find it very weird the "police expert" is testifying, instead of the 6 or so representatives of the LAPD at sergeant-level or above who sit on her witness list filed online weeks/months earlier... maybe they'll come in later.

For some reason, "police expert" in the hands of Amber Heard, sounds very much like "some biased academic who is going to come in and expound theoretically, about how all cops are potentially Derek Chauvin".
Was he on the scene?

I also missed part of the testimony today, but listened when I could. Did anyone testify about locks this morning? Somehow I missed that fact that DeeDee bought up throughout this.
I can't imagine my reaction if someone changed the locks in my home against me. I would've had everyone immediately pack and get out - calling the police if they didn't. That's pretty outrageous. IMO.
AH is married to JD so has some property rights... however JD controls the finances, pays security, etc...so...

The witnesses who have testified via video deposition would not hold up well during cross-examination. Can you imagine RP's demeanor in a courtroom? Yawning, stretching, playing with her hair, laying on the witness stand, etc.? I don't see how these lengthy video depositions are helping AH, JMO
RP seemed incredibly tired and distracted.... as if she had jet lag or something. I think about these people having been through the UK trial so this is old and they are not interested ....

So are the penthouses furnished? Wine stain, stairs, broken glass, etc ... I can understand that if JoshD thought AH or RP were hurt to take pics of them, but why the concern over the broken furnishings? Was it their personal property? If I was at someone's house where there was a fight, I don't know why I would document the owner's broken things. While I don't think he is lying, these photos are bizarre.
this is after they have AH call her atty, is it not? So they would be "documenting."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500