VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was commenting on the toxic sexist attitude AH seems to openly display, which contrasts with her pearl-clutching persona she portrayed on the stand. She wants to come across as a feminist activist and yet consistently portrays behaviours I associate more with toxic masculinity. It's a stark contrast from the image she has cultivated. Only my opinion and speculation, not fact, of course.

Edited to add: I mean it's right there in that damning statement where she taunts JD to tell the world that he, a man, is a domestic victim too, and see who believes him.

Exactly! The ACLU must be soooo proud of this Women's Rights ambassador.

She testified in the UK trial that she remained financially independent from JD throughout their relationship. She wanted to show the courts she wanted no money from JD, that she didn't ever want or need his money. She donated all of his settlement to charity, even.

Now she's testifying that he controlled her finances and controlled her every move. That she had no resources or support network (despite her friends and sister freeloading in adjacent apartments owned by JD). Which is it?
I remember that part of the testimony and thought that JD should be able to prove the receipts. I suppose the double edged sword of that would be, if he did produce them, then that could point to him holding the financial upper hand. I do wonder where the receipts were for the damage that JD's supposed to have done in the houses. She would've had the name of the local glazier/plasterer on speed dial, and the receipts wouldn've pointed to dates these alleged events took place.

If the roles were reversed most people would not give ''the man'' a pass. Imagine JD admitting on audio what AH has admitted to. Oh yeah well he admits to hitting her not punching her, he tells her that he can't promise her he won't get physical, he screams at her telling her she's a baby and yells at her to grow the F up, screams at her that she is going to kill him if she leaves!

And yeah he called her terrible, awful names but she returned those terrible words so let's just accept that they're both awful.

AH will not be pushed around. She will do the pushing and bullying. JD's part was reactive to her abuse. MOO

I’m so disappointed with CourtTV’s use of these behavioral experts almost every other evening. It just feels like junk science. It’s OK for entertainment but not on a serious show. But I guess one could argue that CourtTV is entertainment and gossip.

I can not stand watching Court TV or the behavioral experts .. it's the same thing over and over again.

The psychiatrist today said that JD had memory problems (due to his drug abuse)> My own opinion is that AH knew this and would tell him after a binge, that he'd hit her. I think he started to believe it and that's why he mentioned a 'monster' inside him. He does have a rage problem, but I still don't believe he hit her, although I believe he's grabbed her to stop an attack.

Regardless of the outcome of this trial, I do not see many invitations coming to AH, inviting her to cuddle puddle parties any time soon. But, that's just me...
I'm with you there. She seems like a nightmare to work with especially now that everything has come to light - but I can see someone hiring her or hangin with her, she has fans and people that believe her. Goodluck to them! MOO

She testified in the UK trial that she remained financially independent from JD throughout their relationship. She wanted to show the courts she wanted no money from JD, that she didn't ever want or need his money. She donated all of his settlement to charity, even.

Now she's testifying that he controlled her finances and controlled her every move. That she had no resources or support network (despite her friends and sister freeloading in adjacent apartments owned by JD). Which is it?

I think it was discussed way back on the threads but didn't JD purchase the apartment AH was living in before she (and her poor homeless pals) moved into the ECB penthouses?? I really need to find the source of my thinking on that.

I think it was discussed way back on the threads but didn't JD purchase the apartment AH was living in before she (and her poor homeless pals) moved into the ECB penthouses?? I really need to find the source of my thinking on that.
IIRC I'm pretty sure JD testified that he was paying for her apartment

Hmmm I think they both pretend to be something they’re not (JD has a romanticized view of himself for sure; he’s living in a Hunter Thompson script) and the name calling reveals a lot on both sides. They both do it. They’re both sexist. And vile with their words. JD tries to act like this gentle, respectful soul but then says all these sexist things about actresses, calls her a “fat *advertiser censored**”, the c-word, etc. so for me it’s a wash on that front. He called the divorce lawyer the b-word for trying to do her job. JMO

JD is 59 years old. I'm not surprised that he might have some sexist or out of date notions about romantic relationships. But HE'S not the one claiming to be a feminist icon nor the face of domestic abuse, a champion of women's rights.

He's not earning $33,000 per speaking gig on domestic violence and women's rights.

It's sheer hypocrisy, and a gross misrepresentation of who she really is, in my opinion.

I'm still wondering if there's a Marilyn Manson bombshell to come soon. The AH team made an attempt on virtually every one of her witnesses to make sure he made it into the record. Now, either her team are representing one of his accusers, or they're planning to weave it into their closing. I'm not buying that it's just a way to smear JD with 'guilt by association'.

I pray that Johnny will get some help and find his way…. And in the end, find redemption. I have hope.

My instinct is, he has a good heart. Yes, he has some painful issues from his childhood. All his anger and foul mouth, as well as drug and alcohol issues, are a defense mechanism to protect himself. He is self medicating to try to relieve himself of his pain.
It’s, IMO, a result of him being rejected, abandoned, neglected, abused throughout his childhood.
And, BTW, it can take a lifetime to deal / come to terms with these type of issues. I know, I’ve been there.

Last edited by a moderator:
The psychiatrist today said that JD had memory problems (due to his drug abuse)> My own opinion is that AH knew this and would tell him after a binge, that he'd hit her. I think he started to believe it and that's why he mentioned a 'monster' inside him. He does have a rage problem, but I still don't believe he hit her, although I believe he's grabbed her to stop an attack.
I watched the psychiatrist discuss JD’s memory issues. I don't doubt it’s due to substance abuse and physical abuse. However, the Dr. struggled to read his documentation and remember much about his client.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona