Josh Duggar charged with Receipt/Possession Child Sexual Abuse Material, 29 April 2021 *guilty* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
@gitana1, is the judge able to factor in to the sentence the ages of Josh’s daughters and the risk to them from him if he is out of prison before they are adults? I can’t imagine how it would be for them if he hurt them in the middle of the family-wide denial and delusions.
I don’t know of something like that being part of federal sentencing guidelines, but why can’t he or she factor that in, at least in their minds? I hope they can. And I hope to God he hasn’t harmed his children.

“The evidence summarized in Exhibit 85 places Mr. Duggar at the car lot on May 13, 2019, during the local installation of the Linux partition and operating system, and during May 14-16, 2019, at the times child *advertiser censored* was downloaded to the HP desktop,” he adds.”

I somehow missed that the time between partition and downloads was only a day! Clearly, the partition was installed for that reason.

“The evidence summarized in Exhibit 85 places Mr. Duggar at the car lot on May 13, 2019, during the local installation of the Linux partition and operating system, and during May 14-16, 2019, at the times child *advertiser censored* was downloaded to the HP desktop,” he adds.”

I somehow missed that the time between partition and downloads was only a day! Clearly, the partition was installed for that reason.
I missed that detail also. Thank you for pointing that out.

No "Do Over". I am hoping that the judge will tell Josh, "Go directly to jail, do not pass "Go", do not collect $200".

Did Josh Duggar's legal team think that the entire trial was like a game of "Monopoly"? Where you can play two games out of three, if you don't win the first one?

Judge discussed letters of support, discussed a victim statement from mother of victim of CSAM. Stated it was "heartbreaking".

This could go on for a long time. , James, JoyAnna, JB, Anna's brother and Sister in Law. Anna, wearing a dark blue dress.

So far, the judge sustained some defense objections, dismissed one charge and overruled several. It looks like one level four enhancement (for sadism) will be applied. One level five enhancement was tossed (for volume of images) but one remains (pattern of sexual abuse of a child).

So I have no idea where we are as far as sentencing guidelines. I’m just not that familiar.

They are currently on lunch. Lunch typically takes an hour and a half. I’m not sure when they went to lunch.

The judge has likely made his decision already so I don’t understand why they wait until the day of sentencing to argue objections. It’s odd.

Eye roll. This is going to last all day. Now discussing the "poor widow with nine children who Josh and Anna helped. She was married to his former pastor, and wrote a letter of support for Josh Duggar.

Seriously? The judge has already seen this information, and it seems to me that in a "normal" sentence hearing it is about an hour or so, if that. Not a full day on a calendar. Josh Duggar really does not merit this much attention. In my opinion.

Per the Sun, they are now discussing the widow. And the heartbreak that he can’t support her any longer.

I’m not sure how that’s a factor. First, she has 9 kids. THAT should be a factor. Josh and his family have been living in a converted warehouse thing while he gives her 2k per month? How much access to the kids does he have?

Second, if he gets the minimum of five years, she’s going to have to make other arrangements anyhow.

On a side note, based on my extensive research into their particular sect, Imo, women are not supposed to obtain any real higher education not work outside the home, unless it is for a family business or highly chaperoned and involving only other women or kids. When people question what should happen to the woman and her children if her husband dies, “God will provide.”

IMO, this leaves women very vulnerable to abuse both during marriage and after their husband dies.

No one should be forced to be dependent on charity from strangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa