TX - Uvalde; Robb Elementary, 19 children and 3 adults killed, shooter dead, 24 MAY 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I a m still curious and I am sure it will be all out soon,
1. did he attend that grade school or was it just closest?
2. was he going to that school or another and crashed there so that is what happened
3. was it just circumstance that he found that door unlocked (my opinion yes, no prior knowledge just dumb luck)
4. we know grandma called the cops, were they in pursuit?

Last edited:
Schools here are talking about phasing out SRO's this is from October, perhaps that was a decision made here , unfortunately . I am just confused first there was an sro then there wasn't....

The first part of this interview is very interesting in light of the fact that we now know there was no resource officer at the school.

Here is the source for there being no resource officer at the school:

There were no officers at the school when the gunman arrived, Escalon said, walking back earlier information put out by his agency that the gunman first encountered an armed school resource officer.
DPS officials had previously said the gunman was "engaged" by a school officer, and that the gunman dropped a black bag full of ammunition outside the school during that encounter.
That earlier information was "not accurate," Escalon told reporters, and nobody confronted the shooter from the time he left his grandmother's house to the time he entered the school. The shooter, he said, "walked in unobstructed, initially."

Link: What we know and don't know in the Texas massacre

I heard part of his press conference where he said it wasn’t accurate, but I’ve missed how he has explained how he got that information so wrong. What was his explanation?

Over a dozen people tell ABC News that the accused gunman, 18-year-old Salvador Ramos, sent them concerning messages, across multiple social media platforms, in the days leading up to the massacre.

The majority of the users who Ramos allegedly messaged in the days leading up to the shooting told ABC News that they were first contacted by him on Yubo, which has been described as a dating app for teens. The users he communicated with are predominantly high-school age. Most said they did not report the messages and didn't take them seriously.

In the weeks leading up to the deadly attack, Ramos also appeared to have made efforts to meet some of the users he had met on Yubo in person, according to messages shown to ABC News.

One point of entry to a public school building. ONE. With two armed guards manning it, during school hours.

In addition, 3 local LE, fully armed, during bus drop off and pickup in the morning/afternoon, every day.

Work towards installation of bullet proof glass on all ground floor levels.

Or, wait on legislation, which won't prevent criminals from accessing firearms.

All else, in my opinion, is political hype during an election year in the U.S.

The killer did the killing.
Bolded for focus: what if there's a fire? An earthquake? A gas explosion in the kitchen?

I am from Ontario Canada. In our province, every elementary school is locked down always. The only way in is through the front and that is only after you buzz the office. You are seen through a camera and then the door is buzzed open.

Actually since co-vid, no one is ever buzzed into the school. The only ones allowed in have fobs. No parents or delivery people allowed in the schools. I am thinking maybe it should stay that way.

Are elementary schools locked down in the US?

This sounds like great protocol, most office spaces operate similarly for employees' safety.

Over a dozen people tell ABC News that the accused gunman, 18-year-old Salvador Ramos, sent them concerning messages, across multiple social media platforms, in the days leading up to the massacre.

The majority of the users who Ramos allegedly messaged in the days leading up to the shooting told ABC News that they were first contacted by him on Yubo, which has been described as a dating app for teens. The users he communicated with are predominantly high-school age. Most said they did not report the messages and didn't take them seriously.

In the weeks leading up to the deadly attack, Ramos also appeared to have made efforts to meet some of the users he had met on Yubo in person, according to messages shown to ABC News.

I am showing my age here, but I have never heard of YUBO, does it have a feature to report concerning posts/messages like FB does? I have reported posts that I felt were a person in danger of self harm and I don't think anything was done but at least I felt that I had done what I needed to. Perhaps if these folks had reported the messages etc..... hindsight....

Bolded for focus: what if there's a fire? An earthquake? A gas explosion in the kitchen?
hospitals have this level of security, doors/gates can automatically open for certain alarms, I am sure (MY OPINION) it is a very costly system. I know where I work Security can lock down any building with push of a button and unlock it as well.

This is somewhat related, but some Toronto schools went into lockdown for over two hours this afternoon when a resident spotted a teen or young adult with a rifle close to schools.

He was found and police shot and killed him after a confrontation.

View attachment 346225

No fatalities?!
CONGRATS so relieved for some good news for once.
"white ball hat and a three-quarter length coat." Someone is a columbine fan. yikes. Your cops prevented something very horrific.

No fatalities?!
CONGRATS so relieved for some good news for once.
"white ball hat and a three-quarter length coat." Someone is a columbine fan. yikes. Your cops prevented something very horrific.
I don't want to sound like a gloomy prophet, but all this publicity of this terrible tragedy (even in my country in Europe) might cause all kinds of sickos/weirdos to try copy it :(

Like this guy in Toronto.

Other thing, on the video the perp went to the school door confidently, as if he knew it was open.

I think he previously made the reconnaissance of the place, just like the shooter in grocery shop 10 days earlier.

Attachments

• 1653605005454.jpeg
    1653605005454.jpeg
    96.2 KB · Views: 10

Parents and schools need to tell their kids if they see something, say something. Tell a parent, tell a teacher, call 911.

she said she was able to jump over the fence

If LE had allowed the parents to storm the school and they were shot and killed by the shooter, then LE would have been at fault.

It was a terrible and tragic situation, and until we get the final report from the Texas Department of Public Safety, we are hearing all kinds of things from different sources, and not always with very much context.

Also, LE have to be able to distinguish between other LE and the shooter/possible accomplices. Impossibly sad as it is, it is right not to let parents in.

Although the timeframes do seem unjustifiably long.

America, what are you doing to stop your children dying at school?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member