TX - Uvalde; Robb Elementary, 19 children and 3 adults killed, shooter dead, 24 MAY 2022 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

A look at how the Uvalde shooter made entry into Robb Elementary and what happened inside​

Why wasn’t the school on lockout or lockdown if there was time for the officer to drive there while the shooter was still in the parkinglot?
The classroom doors were locked, not blockaded, they simply needed a KEY! Any front office or janitor has master keys to all rooms. It is all simply BS, no excuse!

Did he offer any condolences to the victim's families> Did he attend any funerals? Or is he only thinking about his own career and well-being yet again?
I don’t know, but it has been reported that he has security around his home. His career in Uvalde is over, and likely all of Texas. There is no way he is going to be able to explain why he gave the call to wait when the protocols clearly say they are to Go In and Engage Active Shooters. There is no option for them to wait in their tactical gear with weapons from outside the door! They are to enter and engage the threat- period!

My guess is something better change by August, who in their right mind would go into teaching at any grade level if schools cannot be made safe.
I support arming teachers who are trained, there are already many districts in Texas with teachers who are armed. Those are not the ones where shooters go. They go to soft targets. The guard at Parkland stayed outside. The guard at Uvalde was not on campus.
If a teacher wants to arm themselves, I would not stand in their way- they are on the front lines and nothing in that classroom can protect them from a gunman armed with two AR15s and over 300 rounds ready to go.

I believe SR did his homework he chose this e
lementary because it had weak points, no SRO on sight he might have watched and did recon and noticed at the 1st lunch bell the teachers would often open or prop open the back door.
I don't think this school was a last-minute impulsive decision he chose it for the biggest impact and terror on the community.

I don’t know, but it has been reported that he has security around his home. His career in Uvalde is over, and likely all of Texas. There is no way he is going to be able to explain why he gave the call to wait when the protocols clearly say they are to Go In and Engage Active Shooters. There is no option for them to wait in their tactical gear with weapons from outside the door! They are to enter and engage the threat- period!

well, this town may be corrupt IMHO.
He should RESIGN immediately instead he was secretive about getting signed in. I do not understand his motivations.

Look at the graphic of the school & classroom location. It's different from the one showing he entered near the staff parking lot. It looks like the older part of the school along Old Carrizo Rd. to me.

I wonder why?

View attachment 347344
It would make sense that he would climb the fence and enter the school from the door nearest to the crashed truck. There are two doors on the side of the teacher parking lot, one is to the north and one to the south.
He entered from the one that is closest to a huge HVAC system, as per the video.
The graphic I’ve seen shows entrance from the N side of the school. I think he may have entered from the S side of the school which is nearer to the truck crash and also would be the least populated area.

Last edited:
Either not paying attention or afraid of him!
I agree, it seems we need to advertise a safe way for teens to report on classmates/ peers that are scary, threatening, talking about hurting or killing others, or harming animals. It is the peers that seem to have the inside info on these kids, but we find out after they kill someone.

well, this town may be corrupt IMHO.
He should RESIGN immediately instead he was secretive about getting signed in. I do not understand his motivations.
I don’t think the town is corrupt, I do think a badge and gun may not mean a person is ready and willing to risk their life for kids and teachers they do not know.
It sounds like he lied, and so many were witnesses that his lie didn’t fly. There are so many first hand accounts from the children, teachers in other rooms, and the officers waiting in the hall, not to mention all the parents beside themselves in yards of homes across the street. The full truth will come out eventually. more pieces come forward the angrier the community and state will become.

When it is all said and done they were SCARED!!! they were cowards---- they have the blood of 21 people on their hands on their souls!
I certainly agree that Arredondo's inaction and commands to LE to refrain from entering is a major factor in the needless deaths of these children and the teachers.

I don't agree, though, that all the 19 LE in the hallway were necessarily cowards. They have to obey their chain of command, where it is presumed that the chief is privy to information that the rest of LE doesn't have.

Yes yes yes yes this foul up contributed to these children dying when they may have been saved.

But IMO we should not lose sight of who has the blood of 21 people on their hands---that is Salvador Ramos.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Laws require elected officials to be seated.

The only way they can be removed:

Moved out of the district (Texas law requires that he reside in the city council district he represents)
Resigned
Petitioned and recall election held (Only if the city charter allows a recall)
A petition must be circulated, with a specific number of voters. Even if the charter allows it, many require several months Yes. Many charters limit when the power of recall may be used. For example, some charters provide that: (1) a recall petition may not be filed against a councilmember within six months of the date he or she takes office; and (2) a councilmember is not subject to more than one recall election during any one term of that office https://www.tml.org/DocumentCenter/View/184/City-Council---Recall---Home-Rule---2010-05-PDF
Convicted of a felony[

This comes up now and then.
There isn't much anyone can do

Last edited:
I certainly agree that Arredondo's inaction and commands to LE to refrain from entering is a major factor in the needless deaths of these children and the teachers.

I don't agree, though, that all the 19 LE in the hallway were necessarily cowards. They have to obey their chain of command, where it is presumed that the chief is privy to information that the rest of LE doesn't have.

Yes yes yes yes this foul up contributed to these children dying when they may have been saved.

But IMO we should not lose sight of who has the blood of 21 people on their hands---that is Salvador Ramos.

<modsnip>
I agree that red flagging those who appear dangerous is one step. But, what are teachers and admin and kids and their parents supposed to do now? There is no way a parent is going to know that threats have been eliminated and that one is not brewing.
Something has to be done at each and every school so teachers and parents feel secure that their child is safe. School is out and kids are at home, the governor and school districts have until August to convince the public that Texas schools are safe!
After the 911 call from the grandmother being shot the school should have gone into LockOut. All exterior doors should have been checked and all kids should have been in classrooms with their doors locked. It was too long if the officer had time to drive to that campus, pass by the shooter in the parking lot, and still the school wasn’t secure. He fired at the funeral home, and into external windows, and still the school was not secure?

Moved out of the district (Texas law requires that he reside in the city council district he represents)
Resigned
A petition must be circulated, with a specific number of voters. Even if the charter allows it, many require several months Yes. Many charters limit when the power of recall may be used. For example, some charters provide that: (1) a recall petition may not be filed against a councilmember within six months of the date he or she takes office; and (2) a councilmember is not subject to more than one recall election during any one term of that office https://www.tml.org/DocumentCenter/View/184/City-Council---Recall---Home-Rule---2010-05-PDF
Convicted of a felony[

My guess is the parents of the kids in this school will mobilize, there is no way they are going to stand for this man being seated as a City Council Member when he obviously did not do his job to protect these kids. It would be a slap in the face of any parent in that district and any employee of that school. He had one job, and he did not do that job, and instead prevented other officers from doing that job too. The protocol clearly says they are to engage the shooter. There is No protocol that says they are to wait- much less wait 77 min!
Pardon my obvious anger, except without it I’m not sure change can occur, and it must!

Did he offer any condolences to the victim's families> Did he attend any funerals? Or is he only thinking about his own career and well-being yet again?

Resigned
Convicted of a felony[

I'll take Resign NOW for $600 Alex. Not only did he make the gravest of errors - he stood by that grave error for approx. 77 minutes. Put a timer on for that amount of time if you want to feel what the teachers and those precious children felt. He's been in hiding for eight days and doesn't have the character to show his face, apologize to the families or speak publicly about his role.

Here's a question. Where's the mayor been? He was one of the first ones to speak out - IIRC I think he said he was at the Funeral Home across the street when it all started - but I could be wrong. <modsnip>. Now the the days that followed - he has been silent. It has been reported that he was the one that requested the DOJ investigation but in the same breath he has backed the Chief (Arrendondo). And in the past 3 or 4 days - we have heard NOTHING from him.

JMHO

I agree that red flagging those who appear dangerous is one step. But, what are teachers and admin and kids and their parents supposed to do now? There is no way a parent is going to know that threats have been eliminated and that one is not brewing.
Something has to be done at each and every school so teachers and parents feel secure that their child is safe. School is out and kids are at home, the governor and school districts have until August to convince the public that Texas schools are safe!
After the 911 call from the grandmother being shot the school should have gone into LockOut. All exterior doors should have been checked and all kids should have been in classrooms with their doors locked. It was too long if the officer had time to drive to that campus, pass by the shooter in the parking lot, and still the school wasn’t secure. He fired at the funeral home, and into external windows, and still the school was not secure?

I agree, but I wasn't talking just about red-flagging those who appear dangerous.

<modsnip>

Here we have an app, NotifyNYC, that informs us of any important info like police activity in NYC, as well as apps that blast during emergencies. I agree that once the grandma was shot, the school should have been notified so they could lockdown immediately. Schools are where the most vulnerable are, but that notification should have gone to all of Uvavle so that stores, houses of worship, private homes etc. can all also be notified immediately.

<modsnip>

All jmo

My guess is the parents of the kids in this school will mobilize, there is no way they are going to stand for this man being seated as a City Council Member when he obviously did not do his job to protect these kids. It would be a slap in the face of any parent in that district and any employee of that school. He had one job, and he did not do that job, and instead prevented other officers from doing that job too. The protocol clearly says they are to engage the shooter. There is No protocol that says they are to wait- much less wait 77 min!
Pardon my obvious anger, except without it I’m not sure change can occur, and it must!

I feel angry too. I'm angry for the victim's families. Angry this Chief didn't bother sending condolences.

McCraw said Friday that the commander on the scene said the situation had changed from an active shooter to a “barricaded subject” situation.

"The on-scene commander considered a barricaded subject and that there was time and that there were no more children at risk," he said. "Obviously, you know, based upon the information we have, there were children in that classroom that were at risk and it was in fact still an active shooter situation and not a barricaded subject."
….
McCraw said the classroom doors locked from the inside and noted, “hundreds of rounds were pumped in in four minutes near those two classrooms.”

“Any firing afterwards was sporadic and it was at the door. So the belief is that there may not be anybody living anymore, and that the subject is now trying to keep law enforcement at bay, or entice them to come in,” he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holliday3