Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't expect the average 80+ year old to have a perfect memory and the ability to recall events in a detailed, concise way.

By the time the inquest came around, her ability to do so could be even more limited. Being questioned in any kind of legal matter would be difficult for all parties involved. JMO
yes, she was 81 years old at the time of WT’s disappearance, her health wasn’t good, she’d recently buried her husband, she was continually bothered by PS where she had to approach his wife to stop the harassment, and she had a traumatic experience of her beloved foster grand child go missing while staying at her property which had just been sold!
She’d been through the ringer, even a young person would find it hard to bear, so DM cherry picking parts of the walkthrough to give a ‘false’ impression instead of the whole picture, is right up their street. We have no idea the answers she was giving that might reveal a fragile mental state before, during or after walkthrough, I trust her doctor would Know. JMO

JMO - If FFGM 's account of her memory of what had occurred had to be 'ignored', and any useful information about William's disappearance that might have been provided by his sister may have been very limited at the time, then that leaves FFC, (and maybe Anne Maree Sharpley who lived across the road) who have been able to relate the details close to his disappearance; and those details have varied from time to time.
Now 8 years later, both FFC and MFC find themselves having to face questions in relation to Common Assault and Lying Charges against them.

Surely a mistake to ignore the walkthrough of the coherent (albeit nervous) FGM. A shadowy figure for me until I saw this footage. I was expecting a frail, ailing elderly lady, not the well spoken and clearly mobile woman in the walkthrough. Maybe someone thought she had been misrepresented and the video leaked to demonstrate this. MOO.

yes, she was 81 years old at the time of WT’s disappearance, her health wasn’t good, she’d recently buried her husband, she was continually bothered by PS where she had to approach his wife to stop the harassment, and she had a traumatic experience of her beloved foster grand child go missing while staying at her property which had just been sold!
She’d been through the ringer, even a young person would find it hard to bear, so DM cherry picking parts of the walkthrough to give a ‘false’ impression instead of the whole picture, is right up their street. We have no idea the answers she was giving that might reveal a fragile mental state before, during or after walkthrough, I trust her doctor would Know. JMO
IMO you can say all publications "cherry pick" what parts they want to push the story they are trying to sell. I don't think DM is the only one to do this.

I’m friends with an 88 yr old man who has a better memory than myself at 51. So I don’t think it’s that unusual anymore these days. Btw I also worked as a med nurse for 17 years and lots of older people are mentally with it. Especially with all the new meds that are available to strengthen their memories. Moo
I did not say 80 year olds 'are not with it.'
I spend a lot of time at my 94 yr old mom's retirement center. There are many people there in their 80's and 90's. Many of them do have a hard time with short term memory and clarity of timelines. They can carry on a wonderful conversation, but then may tell the same story or ask the same question, 5 minutes later. IMO

Your 88 yr old friend is not the norm, in my experience. There are certainly some 85 yr olds that can withstand being interrogated in a public legal inquest, but I don't think most of them could do so perfectly.

Last edited:
And this article says the fgm said the reason they came wasn’t to help her out because of an illness. But that she was moving to a different place. A lot a lot of inconsistencies imo. More every article you read. Imo
Is that really an inconsistency though? Could it be that it was some of both? The FGM had been ill and she did sell her home. So those are two big reasons her kids would come and help her, imo. It is not an inconsistency if both those things are true. JMO

ETA: FGM does not say she was not ill, she just says she was selling her home. So it is not inconsistent with the facts, in my opinion.

"She recalled how the foster carers had travelled up as she was in the process of selling her house as she needed something smaller.
She said William's foster parents were concerned 'that I was going to do the wrong thing, so they decided to come up to Kendall'."

I’m friends with an 88 yr old man who has a better memory than myself at 51. So I don’t think it’s that unusual anymore these days. Btw I also worked as a med nurse for 17 years and lots of older people are mentally with it. Especially with all the new meds that are available to strengthen their memories. Moo

Things can change in a short time.

My 80 year old grandmother was sharp as a tack, until one day she had a fall at home and required hospitalization for a fractured hip. After she was operated on she changed completely. She convinced herself that she was in a hotel with the worst service on earth. She drove the hospital staff nuts with demands for this and that.

Nan had never been in a hospital in her life. She was a country girl who had all of her children at home, delivered by the local doctor and a midwife.

When she came back home she was quite batty from then until she died some years later. I had a hard time having any sort of serious conversation with her. She seemed to regress to her childhood and, at times, thought I was her young brother.

The change in her was as dramatic as it was rapid. Trauma induced I guess.

Last edited:
JMO that there is more revealed in this link .... from the FFGM's walkthrough ... I have extracted two of her comments here:

"The grandma, who has since died, was a very fit and sprightly woman who gave a thorough account about what unfolded that morning, although her memory differs in certain details from that of William’s foster parents."

‘How he (the foster father) knew at that stage, I’m not … she would have told him, she would have phoned him, he was just distraught.’

Is that really an inconsistency though? Could it be that it was some of both? The FGM had been ill and she did sell her home. So those are two big reasons her kids would come and help her, imo. It is not an inconsistency if both those things are true. JMO

ETA: FGM does not say she was not ill, she just says she was selling her home. So it is not inconsistent with the facts, in my opinion.

"She recalled how the foster carers had travelled up as she was in the process of selling her house as she needed something smaller.
She said William's foster parents were concerned 'that I was going to do the wrong thing, so they decided to come up to Kendall'."
When FGM was ill and in hospital, they didn't visit obviously, but when THEY had a reason to come. Selling the home or searching the attic for old stuff, before another sibling would do that, or in Kendall using the Bali souvenirs like the new camera or the new spiderman outfit. We won't know the truth.

When FGM was ill and in hospital, they didn't visit obviously, but when THEY had a reason to come. Selling the home or searching the attic for old stuff, before another sibling would do that, or in Kendall using the Bali souvenirs like the new camera or the new spiderman outfit. We won't know the truth.
How do you know that they didn't visit the FGM in hospital?? They said they had not been back to KENDALL

Also, we don't know that the FGM went to her own home after she was released from hospital, she may have stayed with her our family ( which would not be unusual ) & the FF could have visited her there.

They also came to Kendall this visit to see the headstone that was now on the FFC 's dad grave.

All IMO

How do you know that they didn't visit the FGM in hospital?? They said they had not been back to KENDALL

Also, we don't know that the FGM went to her own home after she was released from hospital, she may have stayed with her our family ( which would not be unusual ) & the FF could have visited her there.

They also came to Kendall this visit to see the headstone that was now on the FFC 's dad grave.

All IMO

Yes, in relation to that, in support of it being a 'safe' place, the FM has said that her brothers raised children in the Kendall area so I guess it's reasonable to imagine that the FGM had family in the area.

I wouldn't expect the average 80+ year old to have a perfect memory and the ability to recall events in a detailed, concise way.

By the time the inquest came around, her ability to do so could be even more limited. Being questioned in any kind of legal matter would be difficult for all parties involved. JMO
Hi KD123, imo we can’t be so sure of ’Age’ assumptions.

My dear Mum passed at the age of 95. She was still solving cryptic crosswords a month prior.

There would’ve been no question in my mind in her ability to give a very accurate account of what occurred, ( perhaps at 95 she may‘ve needed a bit of time) but in her early 90’s she was up with everything.

I’ve always been puzzled as to the apparent non-appearance of FFGM before the Inquest, however a couple of things have crossed my mind:

perhaps she did give a ‘closed’ sworn statement to the inquest

but more so, IMO there was no consideration given initially to any possibility of foster family involvement in William’s disappearance, therefore it was not considered necessary to closely examine the ‘who, what, where, when etc’ of / from anyone present at the time of his disappearance.

of course they would speak with the FFC’s but it’s my feeling that all the police ‘questioning’ of them was extremely light weight for quite a long period, even at the inquest.

But what’s done is done.

I just continue to pray for strength & guidance for those involved in the renewed investigation. I do believe the truth will prevail.

but more so, IMO there was no consideration given initially to any possibility of foster family involvement in William’s disappearance, therefore it was not considered necessary to closely examine the ‘who, what, where, when etc’ of / from anyone present at the time of his disappearance.

of course they would speak with the FFC’s but it’s my feeling that all the police ‘questioning’ of them was extremely light weight for quite a long period, even at the inquest.

That might be the feeling of some, but Hans Rupp has quite clearly stated that the parents (all of them) were the first people to be investigated.

I personally think that the police who were working the case would know better than any of us as to how that investigation was conducted, and how the families were ruled out. These were not unseasoned police officers. And Hans Rupp made the decision that none of them were involved.

For example, I came across an article yesterday (that I had forgotten about) where BGM's friend was investigated because she had applied for a 3-bedroom govt house and the police wanted to ensure that the extra bedroom was not intended for William. She also has/had loose association with TJ and BS.

This is one example of the level of detail the police have gone to, when looking at the immediate families and their associates.

Last edited:
As regards this case, I wonder about all the video released and all of the video not released. Same with statements.

I also wonder if the day will come when we get to see and read more, if not all, of that.

It would be good if we could see the unedited versions, because the DM has been too slanted lately.

Where did the DM get hold of their 'exclusive' release of bits of FGM's walkthrough? And what was the deal when obtaining these private coronial/police brief documents from their source?

This article says they also 'exclusively' got hold of FM's police statement.

imo

Last edited:
For example, I came across an article yesterday (that I had forgotten about) where BGM's friend was investigated because she had applied for a 3-bedroom govt house and the police wanted to ensure that the extra bedroom was not intended for William. She also has/had loose association with TJ and BS.

I'm not suggesting any complicity, but really what are the odds that this Kim would be associated with Jones and his ex wife and also be sharing a house with William's bio grandmother? How on earth did they get together? Scratching my head here.

It would be good if we could see the unedited versions, because the DM has been too slanted lately.

Where did the DM get hold of their 'exclusive' release of bits of FGM's walkthrough? And what was the deal when obtaining these private coronial/police brief documents from their source?

This article says they also 'exclusively' got hold of FM's police statement.

imo

Good questions. I am guessing the DM made a specific media application to the Coroner's Court and were granted the material. I can't imagine their getting it direct from police.

Last edited:
Hi KD123, imo we can’t be so sure of ’Age’ assumptions.

My dear Mum passed at the age of 95. She was still solving cryptic crosswords a month prior.

There would’ve been no question in my mind in her ability to give a very accurate account of what occurred, ( perhaps at 95 she may‘ve needed a bit of time) but in her early 90’s she was up with everything.

I’ve always been puzzled as to the apparent non-appearance of FFGM before the Inquest, however a couple of things have crossed my mind:

perhaps she did give a ‘closed’ sworn statement to the inquest

But what’s done is done.

I just continue to pray for strength & guidance for those involved in the renewed investigation. I do believe the truth will prevail.
It wouldn't have been a problem for the FFC to accompany her mother to an GM and tell him, how forgetful her mother had become "since her illness" (for example) and ask, how to save her from "wrong statements" to LE. Theatrically embellish something, FFC is able to do, I believe. So, a diagnosis of "memory loss" for FGM wouldn't have been an issue. Maybe, FGM was just glad for a non-appearance at the inquest. IMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members