TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, prized cyclist, fatally shot before race, Austin, May 2022 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownRice

Reaction score
Texas police are hunting for a 34-year-old yoga teacher accused of shooting dead the leading U.S. gravel cyclist, dubbed the 'winningest woman in America', because she'd had a brief relationship with her boyfriend.

Kaitlin Armstrong has not been seen since May 13 - two days after the murder of Moriah Wilson, 25 who was found covered in blood at a friend's home in East Austin on May 11.

An arrest warrant has been issued for Armstrong, a yoga teacher, who remains on the run and has deleted all her social media accounts.

Armstrong's boyfriend Colin Strickland, also a professional cyclist, had a brief romantic relationship with Wilson in October when he and his girlfriend of three years were on a break.

He and Armstrong got back together shortly after his fling with Wilson but his girlfriend only found out about the one-week dalliance in January. “

Yoga teacher, 34, 'murders world class cyclist, 25, in jealous rage'

Link to timeline created by Websleuths member cujenn81:
Kaitlin Armstrong Trial
Kaitlin Armstrong Trial [ABRIDGED]

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:

RSBM and BBM

The U.S. Marshal's Lone Star Fugitive Task Force is searching for Kaitlin Armstrong, wanted for the murder of cyclist Moriah Wilson.
She is facing a count of first-degree murder.
An anonymous caller told police when Armstrong found out [about an affair between her boyfriend and the victim], she said she wanted to kill Wilson. Armstrong also told the caller she'd gotten a gun.
Authorities are looking for a 2012 Black Jeep Cherokee with Texas license plate LDZ5608.

It has been one month since Mo's life was senselessly taken from her.

Earlier this month, the U.S. Marshals Lone Star Fugitive Task Force said Armstrong was dropped off at the Newark Library International Airport but no outbound flight reservations had been made under Armstrong’s name.

“Now with that being said, there’s a lot of things that could have happened,” said Deputy U.S. Marshal [BF]. “She could have been very deceptive to stay off radar, meaning she got transportation to the airport and may have been there – then got transportation out of there like rideshare or bus. But we do know it’s been confirmed through our investigation her last known whereabouts were at that airport on May 18.

We have talked about passport fraud in relation to this case, and here is a case reported on this week of an Ohio woman who stole the identity of a deceased baby and used the stolen identity for 20 years before she was caught.

Former local bakery owner arrested for stealing identity of deceased baby, $1.5M pandemic relief fraud

COLUMBUS, Ohio – A Columbus woman was arrested in Utah on federal charges related to stealing the identity of a baby who died as an infant. The woman allegedly used the infant’s identity to obtain a passport, a student pilot license, a job as a flight attendant, admission into The Ohio State University and pandemic relief loans.

Ava Misseldine, 49, formerly of Columbus, Ohio, was charged by a criminal complaint with passport fraud, Social Security number fraud, aggravated identity theft and fraud in connection with an emergency.

According to court documents, Misseldine stole the identity of a baby who died in 1979 and is buried in a Columbus cemetery.

It has been one month since Mo's life was senselessly taken from her.

Earlier this month, the U.S. Marshals Lone Star Fugitive Task Force said Armstrong was dropped off at the Newark Library International Airport but no outbound flight reservations had been made under Armstrong’s name.

“Now with that being said, there’s a lot of things that could have happened,” said Deputy U.S. Marshal [BF]. “She could have been very deceptive to stay off radar, meaning she got transportation to the airport and may have been there – then got transportation out of there like rideshare or bus. But we do know it’s been confirmed through our investigation her last known whereabouts were at that airport on May 18.
I keep wondering how they confirmed May 18 as they have no time (they’ve said they’re still trying to determine what time the drop off was) and no CCTV footage.

I hope they can figure out her further movements because that drop off is now 26 days ago.

We have talked about passport fraud in relation to this case, and here is a case reported on this week of an Ohio woman who stole the identity of a deceased baby and used the stolen identity for 20 years before she was caught.

Former local bakery owner arrested for stealing identity of deceased baby, $1.5M pandemic relief fraud

COLUMBUS, Ohio – A Columbus woman was arrested in Utah on federal charges related to stealing the identity of a baby who died as an infant. The woman allegedly used the infant’s identity to obtain a passport, a student pilot license, a job as a flight attendant, admission into The Ohio State University and pandemic relief loans.

Ava Misseldine, 49, formerly of Columbus, Ohio, was charged by a criminal complaint with passport fraud, Social Security number fraud, aggravated identity theft and fraud in connection with an emergency.

According to court documents, Misseldine stole the identity of a baby who died in 1979 and is buried in a Columbus cemetery.
20 years, wow…

So yesterday marked exactly one month since Moriah Wilson was murdered.

Her alleged killer’s last known whereabouts were discovered to be 26 days ago, at Newark Liberty International Airport in New Jersey.

I really hope we get an update soon from the US Marshals.

Last edited:
So yesterday marked exactly one month since Moriah Wilson was murdered.

Her alleged killer’s last known whereabouts were discovered to be 26 days ago, at Newark Liberty International Airport in New Jersey.

I really hope we get an update soon from the US Marshals.

I doubt we will get any further updates from the US Marshals until they have either found her, dead, or captured her, alive, or unless they have some specific information that they feel the public can be helpful in locating her with. The only other thing we may see updated is possibly an increase in the reward money offered. JMO

I doubt we will get any further updates from the US Marshals until they have either found her, dead, or captured her, alive, or unless they have some specific information that they feel the public can be helpful in locating her with. The only other thing we may see updated is possibly an increase in the reward money offered. JMO
Probably, yes. I do think it’s disconcerting that her trail (supposedly) went cold 26 days ago. I’m hoping they have much more information that they’re not disclosing.

Kinda OT but kinda not since it was the passport fraud that got me thinking about this. I vaguely remember a book from years ago that was some kind of "handbook" for how to disappear, get a new identity, etc. It's probably crazy outdated by now since I'm sure it was pre-internet, but I would be interested in reading it to see what kinds of methods someone might employ. Anyone have a clue what book this might be? To get back OT: I can't imagine that KA is so well-versed in hiding from law enforcement that she won't be found eventually. I doubt she has a network of people willing to help her evade capture. IMO

Kinda OT but kinda not since it was the passport fraud that got me thinking about this. I vaguely remember a book from years ago that was some kind of "handbook" for how to disappear, get a new identity, etc. It's probably crazy outdated by now since I'm sure it was pre-internet, but I would be interested in reading it to see what kinds of methods someone might employ. Anyone have a clue what book this might be? To get back OT: I can't imagine that KA is so well-versed in hiding from law enforcement that she won't be found eventually. I doubt she has a network of people willing to help her evade capture. IMO
I’m sure there are online books and manuals about evading capture, and it’s very likely that KA would perhaps think to look these up.

Here is some advice from a retired detective who is an author of a book sold on Amazon:

James Fillipello
Retired police lieutenant and Amazon author

First I will assume that I’m hunting you for something serious like a homicide.

1. Forget about everyone you know including relatives. As a police officer, I start with your home, then your parent's home, your girlfriend's home, and all your friend's homes. Each person I visit will give me new ideas as to where you would go.
  2. Forget about visiting any places you have been to before. If you go to Atlantic City to gamble from time to time, the police will know this and alert the local PD to be looking for you.
  3. Public transportation is not a good idea unless you can make a run for it long before the crime is discovered. Bus terminals, train stations, and airports will all have a faxed or e-mailed copy of your picture. There are video cameras everywhere.
  4. Stay out of cities; again video cameras are everywhere and many use facial recognition technology.
  5. Stay off toll roads and bridges that also have video cameras, tag readers, and other advanced technology.
  6. Don’t travel in your own car or the car of anyone associated with you as it will be easy to identify and track down. You can’t buy a car or rent a car without your driver's license which will log it into the DMV computer under your name.
  7. Don’t use or even turn on your cell phone as the phone's GPS will give your location. If your cell phone is turned off it can still be activated and tracked. Even burner phones aren’t anonymous anymore. The same goes for most cars that have GPS technology. Also, use only cash as credit cards will give away your location. The same goes for banks and ATMs.
  8. Don’t reach out to anyone. Especially if there is a substantial reward for information leading to your arrest.
  9. Perhaps you can make it to the hills of West Virginia, live off the grid, and assume a new identity—but probably not.
  10. Perhaps you need to call a good lawyer and negotiate turning yourself in.
Author of the 2020 book “One Cop’s Life” available on amazon

I’m sure there are online books and manuals about evading capture, and it’s very likely that KA would perhaps think to look these up.

Here is some advice from a retired detective who is an author of a book sold on Amazon:

James Fillipello

1. Forget about everyone you know including relatives. As a police officer, I start with your home, then your parent's home, your girlfriend's home, and all your friend's homes. Each person I visit will give me new ideas as to where you would go.
  2. Forget about visiting any places you have been to before. If you go to Atlantic City to gamble from time to time, the police will know this and alert the local PD to be looking for you.
  3. Public transportation is not a good idea unless you can make a run for it long before the crime is discovered. Bus terminals, train stations, and airports will all have a faxed or e-mailed copy of your picture. There are video cameras everywhere.
  4. Stay out of cities; again video cameras are everywhere and many use facial recognition technology.
  5. Stay off toll roads and bridges that also have video cameras, tag readers, and other advanced technology.
  6. Don’t travel in your own car or the car of anyone associated with you as it will be easy to identify and track down. You can’t buy a car or rent a car without your driver's license which will log it into the DMV computer under your name.
  7. Don’t use or even turn on your cell phone as the phone's GPS will give your location. If your cell phone is turned off it can still be activated and tracked. Even burner phones aren’t anonymous anymore. The same goes for most cars that have GPS technology. Also, use only cash as credit cards will give away your location. The same goes for banks and ATMs.
  8. Don’t reach out to anyone. Especially if there is a substantial reward for information leading to your arrest.
  9. Perhaps you can make it to the hills of West Virginia, live off the grid, and assume a new identity—but probably not.
The only caveat I can think of is if KA also had/has a significant romantic relationship (past or present) with someone who does have off-grid skills. Perhaps even someone outside the U.S.?

I think she's still stateside but cannot totally dismiss that she may have used her very narrow window of opportunity before the full-fledged BOLO to cross a border. And from there, who knows?

JMO

The only caveat I can think of is if KA also had/has a significant romantic relationship (past or present) with someone who does have off-grid skills. Perhaps even someone outside the U.S.?

I think she's still stateside but cannot totally dismiss that she may have used her very narrow window of opportunity before the full-fledged BOLO to cross a border. And from there, who knows?

JMO
I guess the US Marshals are going to have to really explore the various possibilities. I hope luck will be on their side.

James Fillipello

The person who did this successfully for a while is Ghislaine Maxwell. But she's super wealthy, and she still got caught.

James Fillipello

If KA put any level of planning into the murder of MW, and especially of her escape afterwards, I would bet that the Google searches on her computer or phone in the days and few weeks before the murder, and perhaps even going back to early January, when she first found out about the alleged one or two week affair between CS and MW, may give great insight into her mindset and prove to reveal a wealth of possible clues. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo