OH - Pike Co, 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is a great examination of how the wags were caught and its scary to think that if they were a little smarter they could not have been indicted. it seems that under the current level of direct evidence which is needed to secure a conviction they left almost none. but as reader said all their lies added up.

if none of the wagners had ever granted police interviews, if they had never crossed the canadian border, and if they had disposed of some simple paperwork, abtop and phones, these indictments could not have happened. it would be just another murder where the police know who did the killing, but couldnt prove it in a court of law. even now when we know for sure they did it, without jakes confession, these trials would be a crap shoot. its never been more difficult to secure a murder conviction thanks to the csi effect and defense lawyers endless carosel of suppression motions and appeal stratedgies after conviction. it constricts and suffocates the ability of prosecutors to put murderers away.

the investigation team is just down right amazing and the tenacity they showed for the victims and survivors is truly heroic. this was a hate crime plain and simple. the wagners thought no one would care if they slaughtered the rhoden famly. in fact in the plot of the wags favorite movie, people are actually grateful for the murders. they couldnt have been more wrong and now their particularly cruel brand of cult family is on display for all.
Yes, we complain about defense attorneys' strategies and tactics, and they often cause our stomach to churn. However, they are a necessary and critical part to our justice system. In 1994, Habeas Corpus was gutted at the 11th hour. A rider was attached to a crime bill that absorbed most of the spotlight, and precious few sounded the alarm as to the contents of the rider. Consequently, an end-around was done on post conviction relief in the U.S. A small group of lawmakers realized in time. Their voices stood in stark relief against the jovial tenor of many of their colleagues, those poised and at-the-ready to receive congratulations on the passage of the crime bill.

Had habeas corpus not been gutted, we might be on firmer footing when we hurl insults at those evil defense attorneys. However, as it has stood since 1994, odds of achieving post conviction relief are slim to none. If I were ever on trial, I'd want my defense attorney to argue my innocence in every way imaginable. We know that there are some innocent people incarcerated. Unless and until habeas corpus is restored to its pre-1994 power, that is exactly where nearly all of those innocent people will remain. MOO

Pike County had a lot of power outages this week to deal with, (and heat indexes of 105 degrees) but today is much brighter for them and most power is restored . Luckily no lives were lost. :)

It is very good news no lives were lost. Thank God.

The eastern US needs a TORCAN system in place and Doplar Radar systems. I have said this many times.

The eastern states also need to reimburse home owners who install safe rooms and storm shelters. Ok did that many years ago in the 90's. A homeowner could have a safe room or storm shelter installed, (often the company installing it would wait until the state reimbursed the HO for payment) and the state would reimburse 100% of the cost. As a result I don't know many people who do not have one. I think it is a law here that all new homes built must have a safe room. Not sure about that but heard it was. I know it's a law all schools have a safe room, usually the auditorium. We have storm shelters along side of the interstates that are well marked for out of state travelers and people caught out in storms and storm shelters for the homeless. We are one of the poorest states but it was worth it to the taxpayers in terms of saved lives. Write or call your state congressmen.

Also extensive education in schools and on TV and radio also SM about what to do in case of a tornado. They hammer it on the news every ten seconds during storms here. Get to a safe place. Get out of cars and mobile homes.

And storm chasers. Countless lives are saved every year by these fearless men and women who put themselves in danger to give warning of a tornadoes path. Even a few minutes saves lives.

Loss of lives from tornadoes is the most preventable cause of death.

Unless you are me and refuse to go to the cellar which we had installed three steps from our back door years ago. But never fear, hubby has been talking about making my bedroom a safe room so I don't have to get up. I just think he is tired of carting those freaking dogs down in the cellar. lol

Stay safe you guys.

The eastern US needs a TORCAN system in place and Doplar Radar systems. I have said this many times.

The eastern states also need to reimburse home owners who install safe rooms and storm shelters. Ok did that many years ago in the 90's. A homeowner could have a safe room or storm shelter installed, (often the company installing it would wait until the state reimbursed the HO for payment) and the state would reimburse 100% of the cost. As a result I don't know many people who do not have one. I think it is a law here that all new homes built must have a safe room. Not sure about that but heard it was. I know it's a law all schools have a safe room, usually the auditorium. We have storm shelters along side of the interstates that are well marked for out of state travelers and people caught out in storms and storm shelters for the homeless. We are one of the poorest states but it was worth it to the taxpayers in terms of saved lives. Write or call your state congressmen.

Also extensive education in schools and on TV and radio also SM about what to do in case of a tornado. They hammer it on the news every ten seconds during storms here. Get to a safe place. Get out of cars and mobile homes.

And storm chasers. Countless lives are saved every year by these fearless men and women who put themselves in danger to give warning of a tornadoes path. Even a few minutes saves lives.

Unless you are me and refuse to go to the cellar which we had installed three steps from our back door years ago. But never fear, hubby has been talking about making my bedroom a safe room so I don't have to get up. I just think he is tired of carting those freaking dogs down in the cellar. lol

Stay safe you guys.
Southwestern Ohio has two Doppler Radar sites. The NWS is in Wilmington, Ohio and WHIO in Dayton has Doppler Radar. They can show rotation by differences in wind direction and can pick up debris fields on radar. They can show a very accurate track and issue warnings…

I am not sure how this got embedded in Mason Lowes footage but here is the interview Lenny did 5/25/16 I looked everywhere for this video where Lenny mentioned the confrontation and called the deputies snots. I stumbled on it embedded in Mason Lowes video of his last bull ride in which he was killed in Denver. Mason was one of the greats. Really weird Len Manleys video was in Masons footage.

Last edited:
Yes, I was referring to a different video but I do remember the one where he talked about Jake and Christmas that was about a year after the murders.
Video from around May 10, 2016.
I think that was his first one. I found his second one embedded in Mason Lowes footage in Denver. A PBR bull rider friend of mine was looking up footage because he drew that bull to ride and called me when he saw Lennys video embedded in the footage ( how did it get there ?????????????? did they not scrub it well enough??????) since he knew I have been following this case.

Southwestern Ohio has two Doppler Radar sites. The NWS is in Wilmington, Ohio and WHIO in Dayton has Doppler Radar. They can show rotation by differences in wind direction and can pick up debris fields on radar. They can show a very accurate track and issue warnings…
Two Dopplars I don't think is enough for Ohio because unlike OK which is mostly flat Ohio has hills and part of it has the Appalachians doesn't it? I am not sure but I think it does. Still the eastern states needs to make a drive to get storm shelters and safe rooms into homes, especially those who cannot afford them on their own.

Two Dopplars I don't think is enough for Ohio because unlike OK which is mostly flat Ohio has hills and part of it has the Appalachians doesn't it? I am not sure but I think it does. Still the eastern states needs to make a drive to get storm shelters and safe rooms into homes, especially those who cannot afford them on their own.
There are likely more of the Doppler in Ohio, those two are nearest to me. I go to the NWS storm spotter class every spring so I am a registered storm spotter. I have an app to report the local weather 24/7 to OSU and the NWS.

Yes, we complain about defense attorneys' strategies and tactics, and they often cause our stomach to churn. However, they are a necessary and critical part to our justice system. In 1994, Habeas Corpus was gutted at the 11th hour. A rider was attached to a crime bill that absorbed most of the spotlight, and precious few sounded the alarm as to the contents of the rider. Consequently, an end-around was done on post conviction relief in the U.S. A small group of lawmakers realized in time. Their voices stood in stark relief against the jovial tenor of many of their colleagues, those poised and at-the-ready to receive congratulations on the passage of the crime bill.

Had habeas corpus not been gutted, we might be on firmer footing when we hurl insults at those evil defense attorneys. However, as it has stood since 1994, odds of achieving post conviction relief are slim to none. If I were ever on trial, I'd want my defense attorney to argue my innocence in every way imaginable. We know that there are some innocent people incarcerated. Unless and until habeas corpus is restored to its pre-1994 power, that is exactly where nearly all of those innocent people will remain. MOO
im all for the right to a vigorous defense and all legal forms of representation. my issue comes when defense lawyers use their knowledge of court mechanics to benefit their client. actions which are illegal but cannot be proven due to an issue of intent. for example violating a gag order to influence the jury pool. use the significantly different financial resources of a large firm to bury the prosecutors office in lengthy trivial motions knowing the prosecutors will be stretched thin to gain an advantage. defense lawyers know that not guilty isnt the only way to win a trial, often a mistrial of an obviously guilty client is their best stratedgy. it only takes one person on the jury to derail an entire trial. the bill of rights was written at a time when there was a real danger of not receiving a fair trial, or a trial at all. all of the "rights" that have been decided through precedent law view the constitution as a living document, and the decisoins of the last 100 years have tipped the scales considerably in murderers favor.

I think that was his first one. I found his second one embedded in Mason Lowes footage in Denver. A PBR bull rider friend of mine was looking up footage because he drew that bull to ride and called me when he saw Lennys video embedded in the footage ( how did it get there ?????????????? did they not scrub it well enough??????) since he knew I have been following this case.
This one was 04/25/16

I am not sure how this got embedded in Mason Lowes footage but here is the interview Lenny did 5/25/16 I looked everywhere for this video where Lenny mentioned the confrontation and called the deputies snots. I stumbled on it embedded in Mason Lowes video of his last bull ride in which he was killed in Denver. Mason was one of the greats. Really weird Len Manleys video was in Masons footage.

Sorry this one was 04/25/16. So this would have been the first interview we were looking for a while back. I knew he did one right after the murders where he was standing beside a car and drinking water.

I've never been called for Jury Service, too late now at age 72.
They will call you, but you can get out of serving because of your age or health. Not much else gets you excused. I have been called 4 times for county and once for federal. Last one was 6 months ago. I had to get a note from my Dr. to get excused.

JMO

In this one Lenny said that BJM discovered Frankie first then Chris then came to his house and got him then called 911 while JM and grandson went to Dana's. I always thought BJM discovered Chris first. Also from what he says the key BJM got was to Frankie's house.

JMO

Last edited:

Stay safe you guys.
TORCON forecasting is the property of/trademarked by The Weather Channel.

During the Cold War years, it was not uncommon for East Coasters to build a "Fallout Shelter". They are probably obsolete but now they can also double as tornado shelters. Not nearly as many tornadoes on the East Coast as in the Midwest.

Sorry to get a little O/T.

JMO

Last edited:
In this one Lenny said that BJM discovered Frankie first then Chris then came to his house and got him then called 911 while JM and grandson went to Dana's. I always thought BJM discovered Chris first. Also from what he says the key BJM got was to Frankie's house.

JMO
Interesting.

"Well my daughter feeds them animals out there every morning. Bobby Jo, the one that made the 911 call. And she's got keys to the place and she went in and found my grandson and his girlfriend dead. Went down there found my son-in-law and cousin dead and then she come out and got me and I went out there and my boy went to my daughter's house and they found them."

JMO
Which Chris are you referring to?

They will call you, but you can get out of serving because of your age or health. Not much else gets you excused. I have been called 4 times for county and once for federal. Last one was 6 months ago. I had to get a note from my Dr. to get excused.

JMO
I was called up in the county I lived in previously. On the form they sent I wrote, I have first hand knowledge how your kangaroo court works. I would be a good choice. I never heard from them again…

JMO

Nice to know I can be excused if need be. I have t been out since my son married in early May! Such a dull life just now, not what I was used to.

Yes, a good bit of the southern and eastern parts of the state are part of Appalachia. Presently, I'm further North. Where I'm at, there's still a good bit of variation in land elevation, but I suspect we have more Doppler radars. The Doppler up here is really accurate. They can and do track tornados by the minute, calling out the time that a cluster of roads can expect the tornado. Doppler is really interesting.

What gets some people into trouble is that if it's not a tornado, they don't take shelter and just go about their business. One of the counties now under a state of emergency from this most recent storm, didn't have any tornados to track, but they had sustained 75 mph winds with gusts in the high 90s. With the amount of rain that fell and the sustained winds, that county is a mess from uprooted trees, flooding, and structural damage. It's also a highly agricultural county with crops, dairy, and livestock all over the place. I don't think there was any human loss of life, as they do a good job of quickly barricading flooded roads. But I'm not sure about the livestock, dairy, or crops. There may have been some losses there. (I just had this image of trying to herd dairy cows into a storm shelter. LOL) But in all seriousness, I do hope the farmers didn't suffer loss. They're already dealing with enough this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant