Found Deceased UT - Dylan Rounds, 19, Lucin, Box Elder Co, May 2022 #2 *Arrest*

It’s weird how publicly the rumors are on this case. Usually you have to poke around on FB and Reddit or in the olden day topix to find out what locals were saying. Here we have msm feeding us rumors and drama from every which way.
That’s cause MSM is poking around on FB & Reddit, too.

That’s cause MSM is poking around on FB & Reddit, too.
It seems like recently, MSM has done much less investigative reporting, possibly because of the loss of income by many publications. In response, they have resorted to hiring a lot of people who peruse social media and 'report' what they find out there, calling them unnamed sources.

Trigger warning: long speculative post

The barefoot man has not been cleared by LE. Neither has the bar owner, and now, neither has JB. That doesn’t mean that they have been named suspects or even POI’s, it just means that they haven’t been cleared.

I’ve never understood how anybody could have become convinced that the barefoot man was 100 percent cleared. He is listed on the title to this thread. The “weird run-in” was more than weird.

Ever since news of the bar owner’s hoax call came out, I have felt certain that either the barefoot man or the bar owner was involved in, or had knowledge of, Dylan’s disappearance. There is simply no other explanation for the hoax call (even if it was a vendetta by the bar owner, could you make that up - including with the barefoot man getting a ride to Dylan’s Saturday morning, without having at least some amount of inside knowledge?)

Re: the barefoot man. What better way to mislead the family and LE than by preemptively contacting the family - first by responding on fb, and then by calling CC directly - to front-run his version of the “weird run-in”, a different version than Dylan’s)? If the barefoot man had been involved in Dylan’s disappearance, I certainly would not have expected him to call the family and confess.

To me, there are three main differences in DR’s version and the barefoot man’s version of the “weird run-in”: 1.) whether the barefoot man was indeed barefoot, 2.) whether the barefoot man was allowed to charge his phone, and 3. whether Dylan gave the barefoot man a ride.

Number 1 perhaps bothers me the most. The barefoot man insisted on fb and to CC that he was wearing boots. I can understand Dylan not wanting to tell his mom that he gave a disheveled, dangerous-looking, possibly drugged man a ride, but why would he lie to his mom about whether the man was barefoot?

Re: number 2, it seems that LE ought to be able to confirm whether the barefoot man charged his phone or not - by confirming that he then called his parents (possibly late am on the 25th?).

Re: number 3, just a guess, but it seems that if the barefoot man did charge his phone, LE should be able to confirm whether DR gave the barefoot man a ride into town by looking at the barefoot man’s cell phone location data.

I also think we need to keep in mind that the barefoot man didn’t first contact LE. He first contacted the family. I doubt very seriously that he felt he was throwing himself on his sword by calling the family. More like covering his *** , imo. He may not have even known Montana had a warrant out for him.

And I’m sure I’m not the only one who has wondered why the barefoot man was so quick to point out that he was on cctv some 200 miles away on Saturday night around 10 pm (which still wouldn’t provide him with an alibi). I hope he saved any recordings..

As to the unidentified and unsubstantiated “witnesses” (unsubstantiated by LE, anyway) to the possible ride.. until there is corroboration from LE, this remains hearsay (jmo). In fact, isn’t it now possible that the witness(es) could have even been JB, DH, or both?

And again (and lastly, I promise!), the fact that the barefoot man is being extradited to Montana on unrelated charges is just that: unrelated .

Despite the despicable priorities of the bar owner, and despite the fact that it’s been reported that he and the barefoot man are arch enemies, it is beginning to look like the hoax call might not have been a hoax call after all. Was JB the “other individual” named by the bar owner? If (IF) DR was being held by the barefoot man and another individual somewhere in Montello, could DR have been moved elsewhere before the family showed up to stake the place out, long before ELKO arrived?

All just thinking out loud, speculation, and all jmo.

Last edited:
If it's true, IMO and with all due respect, alllllll the endless interviews and hammering on LE in Nevada and everything else were pretty useless. IMO JMO MOO.
IIRC, Nevada LE was not criticized. It was Box Elder County LE (Utah) that did not treat the case as a criminal investigation from the start.

Seems a pretty strange coincidence that Dylan picked up a guy w/o shoes...and now it looks like Dylan's only boots were "hidden". He told his parents he didn't give the guy a ride...but the stranger says he did?

Maybe he didn't want to worry his Mom about giving rides to strangers...but what if he was telling the truth...
And why would Dylan bring it up? And lie about it to parents? Maybe he thought someone knew about it? Asked him about it? I wonder why he ever told his parents. I think this is important.

Trigger warning: long speculative post

The barefoot man has not been cleared by LE. Neither has the bar owner, and now, neither has JB. That doesn’t mean that they have been named suspects or even POI’s, it just means that they haven’t been cleared.

I’ve never understood how anybody could have become convinced that the barefoot man was 100 percent cleared. He is listed on the title to this thread. The “weird run-in” was more than weird.

Ever since news of the bar owner’s hoax call came out, I have felt certain that either the barefoot man or the bar owner was involved in, or had knowledge of, Dylan’s disappearance. There is simply no other explanation for the hoax call (even if it was a vendetta by the bar owner, could you make that up - including with the barefoot man getting a ride to Dylan’s Saturday morning, without having at least some amount of inside knowledge?)

Re: the barefoot man. What better way to mislead the family and LE than by preemptively contacting the family - first by responding on fb, and then by calling CC directly - to front-run his version of the “weird run-in”, a different version than Dylan’s)? If the barefoot man had been involved in Dylan’s disappearance, I certainly would not have expected him to call the family and confess.

To me, there are three main differences in DR’s version and the barefoot man’s version of the “weird run-in”: 1.) whether the barefoot man was indeed barefoot, 2.) whether the barefoot man was allowed to charge his phone, and 3. whether Dylan gave the barefoot man a ride.

Number 1 perhaps bothers me the most. The barefoot man insisted on fb and to CC that he was wearing boots. I can understand Dylan not wanting to tell his mom that he gave a disheveled, dangerous-looking, possibly drugged man a ride, but why would he lie to his mom about whether the man was barefoot?

Re: number 2, it seems that LE ought to be able to confirm whether the barefoot man charged his phone or not - by confirming that he then called his parents (possibly late am on the 25th?).

Re: number 3, just a guess, but it seems that if the barefoot man did charge his phone, LE should be able to confirm whether DR gave the barefoot man a ride into town by looking at the barefoot man’s cell phone location data.

I also think we need to keep in mind that the barefoot man didn’t first contact LE. He first contacted the family. I doubt very seriously that he felt he was throwing himself on his sword by calling the family. More like covering his *** , imo. He may not have even known Montana had a warrant out for him.

And I’m sure I’m not the only one who has wondered why the barefoot man was so quick to point out that he was on cctv some 200 miles away on Saturday night around 10 pm (which still wouldn’t provide him with an alibi). I hope he saved any recordings..

As to the unidentified and unsubstantiated “witnesses” (unsubstantiated by LE, anyway) to the possible ride.. until there is corroboration from LE, this remains hearsay (jmo). In fact, isn’t it now possible that the witness(es) could have even been JB, DH, or both?

And again (and lastly, I promise!), the fact that the barefoot man is being extradited to Montana on unrelated charges is just that: unrelated .

Despite the despicable priorities of the bar owner, and despite the fact that it’s been reported that he and the barefoot man are arch enemies, it is beginning to look like the hoax call might not have been a hoax call after all. Was JB the “other individual” named by the bar owner? If (IF) DR was being held by the barefoot man and another individual somewhere in Montello, could DR have been moved elsewhere before the family showed up to stake the place out, long before ELKO arrived?

All just thinking out loud, speculation, and all jmo.
I find it hard to believe that the barefoot man would take the trouble to wash the truck or if he even knew about the pressure washer and how to use it. It looks like he was given a ride days before, but not to the farm. Dylan might have let him use his phone to contact relatives.

In case of the Montello bar owner, judging by his interview, he might have an alibi. To me the hoax call has been explained. It's surprising how many people trust psychics in search for answers. For example, the woman who claims to have solved Lori Vallow children's disappearance (but didn't really) is sticking her nose into this case as well and has plenty of supporters.

I find it hard to believe that the barefoot man would take the trouble to wash the truck or if he even knew about the pressure washer and how to use it. It looks like he was given a ride days before, but not to the farm. Dylan might have let him use his phone to contact relatives.

In case of the Montello bar owner, judging by his interview, he might have an alibi. To me the hoax call has been explained. It's surprising how many people trust psychics in search for answers. For example, the woman who claims to have solved Lori Vallow children's disappearance (but didn't really) is sticking her nose into this case as well and has plenty of supporters.
In my experience, there's rarely an innocent explanation when you have a hoax like that. The psychic thing does make me comfortable with the explanation here, so I'm satisfied it doesn't factor in.

^^rsbm

Actually, as if CC needed one more beef with BECSO, she provided that the barefoot man reached out to her directly after nobody from BECSO would take or return his phone calls. CC confirmed with the detective that the barefoot man had phoned but said they'd not gotten back to him at the time of her inquiry.

And no, if you're a fugitive of justice in another state, you do your best to avoid that state! MOO

Sorry, poor phrasing, in the beginning there was a lot of pushback from the family because they believed Montello was not being investigated enough.
CC complained about the evidence on the farm in Lucin not being preserved (e.g. the pickup truck and camper) or investigated quickly enough (the boots), but I haven't seen her suggest that LE should look in Montello for answers. Nevada LE did investigate the kidnapping rumor.

It seems like recently, MSM has done much less investigative reporting, possibly because of the loss of income by many publications. In response, they have resorted to hiring a lot of people who peruse social media and 'report' what they find out there, calling them unnamed sources.
nobody needs msm anymore the internet has replaced them now everyone can do research themselves

IMO whoever disappeared Dylan had his boots. And had knowledge of the burn pile -- and may have felt he had plenty of time to burn all kinds of things in that burn pile, only Dylan was as predictable as a chicken and a road and his family was well-aware, leading them to take notice of Dylan's out of character lack of communication, sounding the alarm early and loudly, preventing his disappearer from additional clean up and staging.

I think Dylan was accosted before he could shelter the seed truck. And whoever did do it knew it needed to be done (or the seed would be ruined) and did it, but not before the rain saturated the field, causing the heavy truck to leave deep ruts.

IMO whoever disappeared Dylan knew where to find him. Knew where the power washer was. Knew where Dylan's truck was, knew Dylan had a gun, knew where he kept it.

My theory: Dylan was disappeared very shortly after his phone call with his gma. And later, all that remained was to powerwash the truck, retrieve Dylan's gun, relocate his keys, power down his cellphone, and chuck his leftover boots behind the burn pile. (Where he likely would've orchestrated the bonfire, if Dylan's family hadn't started looking for him so quickly.)

Saddest outcome for Dylan's family.

Little consolation but I think an arrest is imminent.

JMO

I have to say I agree with all of the except the last paragraph. JMO MOO

IMO whoever disappeared Dylan had his boots. And had knowledge of the burn pile -- and may have felt he had plenty of time to burn all kinds of things in that burn pile, only Dylan was as predictable as a chicken and a road and his family was well-aware, leading them to take notice of Dylan's out of character lack of communication, sounding the alarm early and loudly, preventing his disappearer from additional clean up and staging.

I think Dylan was accosted before he could shelter the seed truck. And whoever did do it knew it needed to be done (or the seed would be ruined) and did it, but not before the rain saturated the field, causing the heavy truck to leave deep ruts.

IMO whoever disappeared Dylan knew where to find him. Knew where the power washer was. Knew where Dylan's truck was, knew Dylan had a gun, knew where he kept it.

My theory: Dylan was disappeared very shortly after his phone call with his gma. And later, all that remained was to powerwash the truck, retrieve Dylan's gun, relocate his keys, power down his cellphone, and chuck his leftover boots behind the burn pile. (Where he likely would've orchestrated the bonfire, if Dylan's family hadn't started looking for him so quickly.)

Saddest outcome for Dylan's family.

Little consolation but I think an arrest is imminent.

JMO
I thought it was just a dirt pile, not a burn pile!

nobody needs msm anymore the internet has replaced them now everyone can do research themselves
Largely true agreed, but not wholly. Some LE Agencies only disseminate information in response to media inquiries. IMO, that's where msm media is still valuable. Plus due to TOS, sometimes the only way we can post case information is if msm media is publishing it :)

You are right. Not sure how I imagined it to be something else, but yes, it's reported as a dirt pile.

I'll have to go back and find it, but it was said on one of the interviews, that they burned trash behind the dirt pile.

In this interview with the parents, DR’s dad said his boots were found “by an old junk hole, where they burn trash and stuff.”

I hope they sifted through that burn pile.

I'll have to go back and find it, but it was said on one of the interviews, that they burned trash behind the dirt pile.
Bumping the link with the interview where JR mentions the burn site where the boots were found.

CC complained about the evidence on the farm in Lucin not being preserved (e.g. the pickup truck and camper) or investigated quickly enough (the boots), but I haven't seen her suggest that LE should look in Montello for answers. Nevada LE did investigate the kidnapping rumor.
IIRC, CC & JR were very critical of Elko County SO early on. They said that ECSO only investigated the home that was part of the hostage rumor because JR threatened to go there himself.
Both parents also pressed for more searches in Elko County because they felt all ground had been covered near the farm in Lucin.
In response to criticism from both the family and the public, Elko released the following press release on 6/7:
1656784833459.png

I have believed from the beginning that it would be someone close, that knows the ins and outs of the farm - this could be any of the three questioned by the police.

After talking to grandma, Dylan was leaving at 6:45am to the 5 mile location to put the seed under cover. He would have to pass (very closely) the squatter in the camper to put the truck in the overhang. There is no way that he wouldn't have seen and heard Dylan that morning. This squatter was arrested on weapons charge recently was located right where the grain truck and discarded boots were. In my opinion, he just has to know something or... everything! He also, according to the arrest warrant posted earlier, he is a felon with a history of violence. I'm all for felons making a better life but in my opinion, it is not so in this case.

I think Dylan has been placed in a location that could possibly need 4W Low to get to. Mountain? Around the Wash? I haven't looked to see how far the wash goes and I realize it's been searched already. I think we'll know some details soon.

In the attached shot, you can see two campers, one of which was being squatted in after someone vacated it previously (according to the arrest warrant/affidavit posted earlier).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220701-230447~2.png
    Screenshot_20220701-230447~2.png
    716.6 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads