Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #109

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wrote earlier about a friend who got Covid at a family reunion, and his wife hadn't gotten it yet. Well, now she has it too. He is taking Molnupiravir and she just got a prescription for Paxlovid. I guess it'll be a while before we can get together again! Since Covid is everywhere, I keep wondering when it will be our turn.

I wrote earlier about a friend who got Covid at a family reunion, and his wife hadn't gotten it yet. Well, now she has it too. He is taking Molnupiravir and she just got a prescription for Paxlovid. I guess it'll be a while before we can get together again! Since Covid is everywhere, I keep wondering when it will be our turn.

I hope they both recover without any serious complications.

At least there are some meds now one can take at home.

At least there are some meds now one can take at home.

Yes, that's good, even if the medicines aren't perfect.

There is also an antibody treatment--Bebtelovimab. It is injected through a vein (infused), and it only takes about 30 seconds. But you still have to go to a hospital to get it, I believe. This might be an option for people who can't take the antiviral pills for some reason.

Info on Bebtelovimab: Table: Characteristics of Anti-SARS-CoV-2 Antibody Products | COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines

Bebtelovimab (Anti-SARS-CoV-2 Monoclonal Antibody)
Authorized for the treatment of COVID-19 under FDA EUA.
Dose Recommended in FDA EUA for Treatment of COVID-19 in Adults and Pediatric Patients Aged ≥12 Years and Weighing ≥40 kg:
  • BEB 175 mg as an IV injection over at least 30 seconds
  • Nausea
  • Vomiting
  • Pruritis
  • Rash
  • Hypersensitivity, including anaphylaxis and infusion-related reactions
  • Only for administration in health care settings by qualified health care providers who have immediate access to emergency medical services and medications to treat severe infusion reactions.
  • Monitor during IV injection and for ≥1 hour after injection is completed.
  • Drug-drug interactions are unlikely between BEB and medications that are renally excreted or that are CYP substrates, inhibitors, or inducers.
Availability:

Mr HKP tested positive today. It’s not surprising, because it is surging here big time and he commutes to London. Several of his work buddies have it. He has a bad cough, shivers, aches and a sore throat. He is never ill and I’ve never seen him this poorly. He’s isolating in his own room and bathroom and I’ve given him the pulse oximeter, chloraseptic, pills and phones! Trays outside the door for food and drink. But of course we were together yesterday.

It’s going to be interesting to see how it goes if Covid meets my Long Covid.

Meanwhile, to respond to some of your thoughts here - my parents (70s) are currently on holiday to the coast. They travelled by coach and ferry, staying in a hotel on a cliff which has a lift down to the beach and local village. As much as I’m scared for them, not least now I see how my husband is with it, I am glad they made the decision this year to live their lives again. My sister feels the same. They are double boosted (we are single) and are cautious but I know they’ll be exposed. I just hope they have a lovely special time. I’m not telling them about Mr HKP, will update them when they are back.

The only thing I’m sure of is how much of a head @*%# this all is.

Mr HKP tested positive today. It’s not surprising, because it is surging here big time and he commutes to London. Several of his work buddies have it. He has a bad cough, shivers, aches and a sore throat. He is never ill and I’ve never seen him this poorly. He’s isolating in his own room and bathroom and I’ve given him the pulse oximeter, chloraseptic, pills and phones! Trays outside the door for food and drink. But of course we were together yesterday.

Meanwhile, to respond to some of your thoughts here - my parents (70s) are currently on holiday to the coast. They travelled by coach and ferry, staying in a hotel on a cliff which has a lift down to the beach and local village. As much as I’m scared for them, not least now I see how my husband is with it, I am glad they made the decision this year to live their lives again. My sister feels the same. They are double boosted (we are single) and are cautious but I know they’ll be exposed. I just hope they have a lovely special time. I’m not telling them about Mr HKP, will update them when they are back.

How is your long Covid?

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that he has Covid and has such miserable symptoms. I hope he will recover quickly and you don't get it when you are already dealing with Long Covid... I'm putting you both on my prayer list.

It's good that your parents are double boosted--they should be pretty well protected from serious illness if they get Covid. At least they are getting to enjoy their holiday at the coast.

Please imagine all the bad language here. I knew I should not have gone over to my friend's on Friday! She had gone to Colorado, but had been testing negative. Had in fact tested negative that morning. Work had several redirects and rescheduling, I was feeling horribly sad, and so I went to her house and we did some Legos while we waited for my coworker, who never showed.
Today BFF popped positive. And tonight I have a miserable headache. I don't want to see what this does to her kidneys, and I don't want to see what it does to my long Covid.

Please imagine all the bad language here. I knew I should not have gone over to my friend's on Friday! She had gone to Colorado, but had been testing negative. Had in fact tested negative that morning. Work had several redirects and rescheduling, I was feeling horribly sad, and so I went to her house and we did some Legos while we waited for my coworker, who never showed.
Today BFF popped positive. And tonight I have a miserable headache. I don't want to see what this does to her kidneys, and I don't want to see what it does to my long Covid.

I’m so sorry! A nurse friend of mine got very sick but tested negative for two days…until she tested positive yesterday. So even symptomatic people can test negative. I think we have to take these test results with a grain of salt.

I’m so sorry! A nurse friend of mine got very sick but tested negative for two days…until she tested positive yesterday. So even symptomatic people can test negative. I think we have to take these test results with a grain of salt.
I agree with you, too many tales of people who from their description clearly have the virus but test negative. And then go by the test. I was surprised that Mr HKP’s test was so evidently positive for day one of symptoms, but at least it took the guesswork out of it.

I am sorry to hear your husband has Covid---hope he recovers soon: Because people are now living life more fully, getting out and doing things, I don't see how Covid can be avoided. I am extremely anxious because my 80 year old husband is going this week to visit his daughter and her family- he is going to be going everywhere which will include going to dinners in restaurants and all of that. There is no way I could prevent him from seeing his daughter - nor do I want to- It has been 3 years!!!!!! I feel it is inevitable he will be exposed and bring home Covid. For all intents and purposes I have been a recluse: i haven't seen friends for lunch or dinner since the pandemic began-----and after all the precautions I have taken, i have no doubt he will bring Covid into our home--- and there really is nothing I can do about it----- that is where we are now in the trajectory of this horrible disease---

I am sorry to hear your husband has Covid---hope he recovers soon: Because people are now living life more fully, getting out and doing things, I don't see how Covid can be avoided. I am extremely anxious because my 80 year old husband is going this week to visit his daughter and her family- he is going to be going everywhere which will include going to dinners in restaurants and all of that. There is no way I could prevent him from seeing his daughter - nor do I want to- It has been 3 years!!!!!! I feel it is inevitable he will be exposed and bring home Covid. For all intents and purposes I have been a recluse: i haven't seen friends for lunch or dinner since the pandemic began-----and after all the precautions I have taken, i have no doubt he will bring Covid into our home--- and there really is nothing I can do about it----- that is where we are now in the trajectory of this horrible disease---
When your husband returns, there are precautions you can take, for the 1st 48 to 72 hours he is back home. If he doesn't become symptomatic then go back to normal....

I do that when my husband goes on business trips. When he 1st returns home from the airport, we both wear masks in the home, and he goes in and showers and changes his travel clothes and puts on clean ones. And we socially distance on the first night ----The same with the next day.

I keep my distance from him, politely, until we make sure he is not going to be symptomatic. We still talk, and eat together, but outside on the patio and across the table, etc. But he sleeps in the guest room until he waits a few days to make sure he isn't contagious.

I do have to protect myself because of my lung issues. After 2 or 3 days I go back to normal married living habits with him. It makes me feel safer because he is the one traveling in airports, going to business conferences, etc.

This week our pet rescue charity received a lovely donation from one of our summer residents. It was given in memory of his daughter, who lived in Florida. She died of covid last month. She hadn't been vaccinated. She was 40 years old. :/

When your husband returns, there are precautions you can take, for the 1st 48 to 72 hours he is back home. If he doesn't become symptomatic then go back to normal....

I do that when my husband goes on business trips. When he 1st returns home from the airport, we both wear masks in the home, and he goes in and showers and changes his travel clothes and puts on clean ones. And we socially distance on the first night ----The same with the next day.

I keep my distance from him, politely, until we make sure he is not going to be symptomatic. We still talk, and eat together, but outside on the patio and across the table, etc. But he sleeps in the guest room until he waits a few days to make sure he isn't contagious.

I do have to protect myself because of my lung issues. After 2 or 3 days I go back to normal married living habits with him. It makes me feel safer because he is the one traveling in airports, going to business conferences, etc.
I really appreciate your input and ideas, but my husband will not wear a mask in our home: i can barely get him to wear a mask when we go to the grocery store--- I definitely will do the social distancing for the first night and next day. Sounds like you have found a way to stay safe- good for you!!!!

Its still the same unfortunately. I'm in a constant boom and bust cycle, so weekends are spent recovering from the week. Luckily I still work from home. Stress makes it a lot worse.

I know what that’s like.
I work one shift a week right now because stress and anxiety worsens my long COVID as well.

I hope your hubby it’s to feel better soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member