IL - July 4 Parade, Highland Park, at least 6 fatally shot, 4 July 2022 *son charged, dad guilty*

The preview is this image and a page of numbers. I have no idea what the symbol means.

View attachment 352717

I found the symbol on a website for security company in Sofia, Bulgaria call ips7.bg

Also from a company in Indonesia that supplies construction material.

I wouldn't be surprised if that company co-opted it from somewhere else.

I've missed some stuff. Did the parents help him purchase these weapons?
I'm not sure if the dad gave him money but when Crimo was 19, he applied for a FOID card which was sponsored by his father, according to CNN.

It also says Crimo purchased five weapons after the incident at his house when he threatened to kill his family. I wish they had pressed charges.

Highland Park shooting suspect's past littered with 'red flags'

“He was in his own world,” said 22-year-old Nick Pacileo.

Pacileo said he and Crimo bonded over skateboarding and were friends from eighth through 10th grade. He used words like “timid” and “quiet” to describe Crimo’s personality. He said the suspected rooftop sniper never talked about guns and would “zone out a lot.”

But when Crimo turned 18, around the time he broke up with his girlfriend, his personality changed, Pacileo said.

“Bobby was depressed,” Pacileo said. “He also went off the deep end after he broke up with his girlfriend a few years ago."

Crimo was obsessed with her, he said, and instead of therapy he turned to drugs.

“He definitely thought there was a border in the mind that needed to be broken through the mind,” he said. “Very third-eye type of stuff that kind of goes along with the psychedelic rap and drugs.”

Crimo also had a strained relationship with his parents, who struggled to make ends meet in the ritzy suburb, Pacileo said.

more:
high school behavior, teachers, racist rants

Another, but thwarted.....dear God

"One phone call saved countless lives and prevented a potential mass shooting during July 4 celebrations in Richmond, Virginia, the police chief and mayor said Wednesday.
The "hero" tipster overheard a conversation that a mass shooting was being planned for the celebration at the Dogwood Dell amphitheater and called that information into police on July 1, said Richmond Police Chief Gerald Smith during a news conference. The amphitheater seats 2,400 people, according to the city's website."

I don't see how the parents could be charged with anything.
His father knew first hand that Crimo had been evaluated as being mentally unstable. Yet..... his father facilitated Crimo obtaining weapons by effectively co-signing their purchase.

The actual Illinois requirement is apparently sponsoring a minor to get a purchase permit / card that then allows them to purchase certain weapons. But, in practical terms, it probably equates to co-signing the purchase of the weapon.

Last edited:

Don’t think this has been posted.
From the article:
The eerie videos show 21-year-old Robert Crimo's gaming avatar standing on rooftops and shooting down his opponents in a game of Call of Duty.
n the video game posts, gun shots can be heard ringing out while players are heard laughing, yelling and directing one another. It's unclear which voice is Crimo's.

1657147001550.png

Very interesting article. Talks about both sides of the argument on gaming and violence and shooters. Of course, studies say there is no effect on boys/teems and increased violence and these video games.

You all know how I feel about this. And, when you let common sense in, it is strange that all these shooters have had a history with these very violent video games.

I don't care who does what study - I truly believe that these games play into the psychopathy of these boy/teens that turn into these monster shooters.

It is just my opinion, my belief and is quite obvious to me when discussing all these cases.

JMHO

oh & ETA

LE has said that he planned this attack for weeks - well, seems he also had a stage to practice on too. What better way to plan a mass shooting than to "practice one in an online simulation"?

Highland Park shooting suspect's past littered with 'red flags'

“He was in his own world,” said 22-year-old Nick Pacileo.

Pacileo said he and Crimo bonded over skateboarding and were friends from eighth through 10th grade. He used words like “timid” and “quiet” to describe Crimo’s personality. He said the suspected rooftop sniper never talked about guns and would “zone out a lot.”

But when Crimo turned 18, around the time he broke up with his girlfriend, his personality changed, Pacileo said.

“Bobby was depressed,” Pacileo said. “He also went off the deep end after he broke up with his girlfriend a few years ago."

Crimo was obsessed with her, he said, and instead of therapy he turned to drugs.

“He definitely thought there was a border in the mind that needed to be broken through the mind,” he said. “Very third-eye type of stuff that kind of goes along with the psychedelic rap and drugs.”

Crimo also had a strained relationship with his parents, who struggled to make ends meet in the ritzy suburb, Pacileo said.

more:
high school behavior, teachers, racist rants

Drugs - no surprise here.
I don't think drugs are cheap, and yet, with no regular job, he could afford both weapons and drugs.
He was 21 and still living with parents.

Crimo Jr. said he decided to sponsor his son’s firearm owner’s identification card — or FOID, which allowed the young man to buy the AR-15 used in the attack — because he thought Crimo III was going to use the weapon to go to the shooting range.

“He bought everything on his own, and they’re registered to him,” the dad said of his son’s weapons…

Crimo Jr. insisted that his son’s crimes were not motivated by hate and noted that a relative of one of his lifelong friends was injured in the shooting.

The Highland Park shooting suspect posted disturbing images of a sex doll and spouted racist and anti-Semitic remarks just days before the shooting in a private online forum.

Last edited:
Crimo Jr. said he decided to sponsor his son’s firearm owner’s identification card — or FOID, which allowed the young man to buy the AR-15 used in the attack — because he thought Crimo III was going to use the weapon to go to the shooting range.

“He bought everything on his own, and they’re registered to him,” the dad said of his son’s weapons…

Crimo Jr. insisted that his son’s crimes were not motivated by hate and noted that a relative of one of his lifelong friends was injured in the shooting.

“The incident, which led police to briefly confiscate a sword, dagger and 15 knives from the shooter’s home, was just a “childish outburst,” and the knives were “just a collection,” Crimo Jr. told The Post on Wednesday.

“You know I used to collect coins and baseball cards,” the dad said.”

Huh?

This kid did not need a parent to sign off on buying guns, he needed a parent to send him to therapy, and a place for him to do something, more than play shooter video games. Job Corps would have been a start. Vocational rehabilitation to help him get a job. Since when is it okay to let adult children live at home and not work?!

“The incident, which led police to briefly confiscate a sword, dagger and 15 knives from the shooter’s home, was just a “childish outburst,” and the knives were “just a collection,” Crimo Jr. told The Post on Wednesday.

Huh?
Cops are not called to a home to resolve a "childish outburst". It was obviously way more than that and needed intervention by armed officers.

Coins and baseball cards are not deadly weapons. Knives are definitely lethal. JMO.

Huh?
Living in a world of denial. Making excuses for everything. Not seeing the writing on the wall. Where was his brother (you know, the uncle) during all this? Did brother try to "show him" what he was doing? Or is he just that selfish (or proud) to admit that maybe, just maybe, this kid might have a problem? Did he see the games his son was playing online? Listen to the "chatting" during these games? Peruse his son's online postings?

I have known people like this in my life - you know - the ones that will never, ever admit to seeing what is right in front of them. They continue down that path until it all finally breaks.

Well this one broke. And broke bad!!!! Wonder if good ole dad will ever wake up to the reality that was staring him in the face.

Shame.

JMHO

Huh?
So Crimo allegedly attempted suicide in April, 2019. Then four months later he threatened to kill his family. About four months later, in December, his father sponsored his application so that he could buy guns.

It makes no sense.

I think I read upthread that he had a job at a food establishment. Perhaps he was socking that money away. I doubt he paid any rent or utilities at home.
Enough money to build his own “cabin” (permit?) Enough to paint on his father’s house. What in the heck did the neighbors think?
And this guy ran for MAYOR?

The signs were all there.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member