Identified! CO - Clear Creek Co, Miner’s Candle area, Skeletal Remains Jun'22 - Melinda Tafoya-Deltoro

Interesting. I know it's probably a very slim chance but my mind goes to Suzanne Morphew when there are remains discovered in that area of Colorado. Looks like Salida is about 2.30 hours away...jmo

Alpine Rescue representatives told CBS4 on Saturday that the recovery is a follow-up to a previous search conducted back in February. Now that the snow has melted, crews brought in cadaver dogs. Those dogs discovered remains.

I think this is the lady they were searching for:

Authorities are still searching for a 38-year-old woman who was last contacted Sunday in the Miner's Candle area near Dumont.

Melinda Tafoya-Deltoro has brown hair and brown eyes, and is approximately 5-foot-2 and 160 pounds. She called Clear Creek County 911 from Miner's Candle around 4:30 p.m. Sunday, saying her car was stuck in the snow and she was possibly under duress.

Interesting. I know it's probably a very slim chance but my mind goes to Suzanne Morphew when there are remains discovered in that area of Colorado. Looks like Salida is about 2.30 hours away...jmo
She came to my mind as well…

I also thought of Kristal Reisinger. Remains were found 3 hours from Crestone, CO.

I think this is the lady they were searching for:

Authorities are still searching for a 38-year-old woman who was last contacted Sunday in the Miner's Candle area near Dumont.

Melinda Tafoya-Deltoro has brown hair and brown eyes, and is approximately 5-foot-2 and 160 pounds. She called Clear Creek County 911 from Miner's Candle around 4:30 p.m. Sunday, saying her car was stuck in the snow and she was possibly under duress.

Yeah, that certainly sounds like it fits the information.

The remains are of Melinda. Now, what does ‘under duress’ mean, in this context?

I would assume it means she sounded worried because she was stuck in the snow and afraid.

I would assume it means she sounded worried because she was stuck in the snow and afraid.

I agree that that’s probably what they meant. The only problem is—that’s not what ‘under duress’ means. However, chances are that the writer, or the person quoted, got it wrong.

The remains are of Melinda. Now, what does ‘under duress’ mean, in this context?

It might just be a reference to the weather conditions, but it seems like an odd turn of phrase. It also seems odd that she would have left the car when she knew help was on the way.

It might just be a reference to the weather conditions, but it seems like an odd turn of phrase. It also seems odd that she would have left the car when she knew help was on the way.
I feel like it's most likely an editors mistake and the person who wrote the article just doesn't know there is a difference between under duress and under stress.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back