Found Deceased AL - Nathan Gemeinhart, Birmingham, 40s, 8 August 2022

On FB, someone posted a Go Fund Me link and it mentions that they are going to celebrate his life and there are quite a few people posting the "tragic loss" so I'm guessing that they confirmed that was him in the house. Very sad for that young mom, sounds like he was a decent dude. I never met him but even though I'm states a way, I have a few mutual friends and lots of friends of friends

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...account-for-family-of-missing-man/ar-AA10sGRs

SBM

Red Mountain Church in Birmingham has set up a [EBM: removed link to a fundraiser on a popular site] for the Gemeinhart's family. [snip] "As we prepare to celebrate Nathan’s life, we also want to serve the Gemeinhart family and provide for them," the church said in the fundraising description. "These funds will be to provide for the family's immediate needs, and information will be forthcoming on additional opportunities to provide long term financial support to the Gemeinharts."

https://www.al.com/news/birmingham/...nhart-vanished-monday--set-up-for-family.html

SBM

A prayer vigil was held Tuesday night... [snip] The vigil was held at Red Mountain Church in Birmingham’s Lakeview district where Gemeinhart has been an active member.

[snip]

“We’re here not to speculate. We’re not here to go out and do something,’’ said Senior Pastor Charles Johnson Jr, as about 100 people gathered in the sanctuary. “We’re here really to serve each other and to serve J. and her family in the way God’s people know how and that’s to join our hearts and voices together in prayer.”

“It is hard often in circumstances as terrible as these to know what to pray, what to ask for, to even remember who you are praying to,’’ Johnson said. “I want you to know the stumbling prayers of God’s people are lovely in the ears of our God. They are heard with the ears of a loving Father.”

35-year-old ‘armed and dangerous’ man sought after body found in burning Birmingham house

SBBM

The death of a body found in a burning Birmingham home is now a homicide investigation, and police have issued an “urgent” alert for a 35-year-old man wanted for questioning. Birmingham police said they are searching for Youit De Witt Jones, 35, in connection with the discovery of a body inside a Eufaula Avenue home Tuesday morning. [snip] Authorities said Jones should be considered armed and dangerous. [snip] Authorities have not yet identified the victim.

6IY3M7K7XZGNHKUELQE4UFUX74.jpeg

Last edited:

SBM

...August 6th...attempting to elude, reckless driving and other traffic violations. [snip] His extensive record dates back to 2008. Charges include forgery, robbery, theft and numerous charges for drug possession. Jones pleaded guilty to arson second degree in Jefferson County in January 2016.

SBM
Near a house that burned earlier this week, authorities also found the car belonging to Nathan Gemeinhart who’s now been missing for days. We spoke with a close friend who like many are praying for the best. [snip] Gemeinhart has been missing since August 8. According to reports, he works for a property management company and was checking out some properties at the time. A day later, his car was found near Eufaula Avenue which is a block away from the scene of a house fire where a body was found. Right now, investigators haven’t connected the two incidents.

Is this confirmed/likely to be him

Is this confirmed/likely to be him?
They wouldn't have an ID this early. Granted, his car there makes it more likely but forensically it's a lot more work espcially if they are also gathering evidence to suport a criminal scene. The medical examiner will first see if there's tomographic features that could help to identify the victim? Is there available biological fluids in liquid form available for toxicological analysis and DNA sampling? Is there another obvious cause of death other than heat-related lesions (for example, metallic foreign bodies of ballistic origin? IF the DNA, and forensic odontology (teeth) are all they ahve to work wih it can take a couple of weeks, at least. My heart goes out to his family.

Good for the car owner who quickly used her wits to alert others to the attempted carjacking. Great job to the McD's employee who restrained him until LE arrived. It's awesome this incident didn't have a tragic outcome. MOO

SBM

The man sought in connection with a Birmingham arson and murder was nabbed in Oklahama after he tried to rob a woman of her vehicle. Oklahama court records obtained Friday by AL.com say Youit De Witt Jones, 35, was held down by McDonald’s employees in the restaurant parking lot until police could arrive. [snip] Jones has not yet been charged with any crime in relation to the Alabama homicide,...[snip] Birmingham homicide detectives have gone to Oklahoma to interview Jones.

#More at link

Wow! That is very impressive action on behalf of everyone- the woman for resisting so hard against carjacking, McD employees for being so alert and aware to notice her struggle, and then holding the man down! Very glad this dude was caught, especially seeing how he was certainly on the run. Wonder how he ended up in OK to begin with.

Wow! That is very impressive action on behalf of everyone- the woman for resisting so hard against carjacking, McD employees for being so alert and aware to notice her struggle, and then holding the man down! Very glad this dude was caught, especially seeing how he was certainly on the run. Wonder how he ended up in OK to begin with.
My guess is he likely hitchhiked; possibly carjacking if necessary. :rolleyes: Makes me wonder if there are any recent cases of people and their cars missing along whatever route he took from AL to OK.

Good for the car owner who quickly used her wits to alert others to the attempted carjacking. Great job to the McD's employee who restrained him until LE arrived. It's awesome this incident didn't have a tragic outcome. MOO

SBM

The man sought in connection with a Birmingham arson and murder was nabbed in Oklahama after he tried to rob a woman of her vehicle. Oklahama court records obtained Friday by AL.com say Youit De Witt Jones, 35, was held down by McDonald’s employees in the restaurant parking lot until police could arrive. [snip] Jones has not yet been charged with any crime in relation to the Alabama homicide,...[snip] Birmingham homicide detectives have gone to Oklahoma to interview Jones.

#More at link
Reading that article, it is scary to realize how many times this man showed red flags. Literally, last week:

Most recently, Jones was arrested Aug. 6 in Autauga County after Alabama State Troopers said he was driving 114 mph on I-65 southbound and almost hit a state trooper. He was charged with attempting to elude, reckless endangerment and reckless driving.

In that case, Jones was a dark brown 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, which is the initial vehicle Birmingham police listed in the lookout bulletin for him but later said was recovered in a separate “incident.”

Jones was released from the Autauga County Jail the following day, Sunday, Aug. 7, on his own recognizance.

Gosh, that is even more heartbreaking to read. I can’t imagine how NG’s wife feels to wonder if only the POI hadn’t been released the day before her husband went to check those properties. It’s always the what-ifs that get to me in completely senseless cases like this.

Of course- we don’t know anything for sure at this point, so this is all my own opinion.

My guess is he likely hitchhiked; possibly carjacking if necessary. :rolleyes: Makes me wonder if there are any recent cases of people and their cars missing along whatever route he took from AL to OK.
Current case
Could this be possible?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes