WA - Gabriel Davies, 16, suspicious circ, didn't arr at HS football prac, veh found near Tenino, Olympia, 31 August 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are two other young men who have gone missing in that area within the last few years:

Matthew Anfeldt

Logan Schiendelman

I made a map of the locations the three were last seen or where their cars were found:

1662071441786.png

The teen’s car was found near 171st Avenue Southeast and Tilley Road Southwest near Tenino on a private drive, according to TCSO. Davies was last seen walking northbound near Wright Road Southeast and Tilley Road Southwest, which is a few miles north of where Davies’ car was found.

Detectives said they found a small amount of blood in Davies' truck and that items were "strewn" about. Davies' cell phone was found "shattered" on the ground nearby.

I wonder if a "private drive" means someone's actual driveway? As in, the young man actually pulled into someone's driveway and just left the truck there and walked to a park? That seems a really odd thing to do out of the blue. jmo

This is not looking good, IMO. I wonder how positive they are that it was him walking?

If it was just a tip, then I might think something happened to him at the vehicle. If truly was him, then sounds like self harm.

I pray they can find him soon. His poor family must be going crazy.

I wonder how positive they are that it was him walking?

I had the same thought when the info was that he was seen walking on a road just north of where his truck was found. But now that LE is saying he was last seen at the state park it feels like it must be more substantial than a tip of someone seeing someone who matches his description walking down the road.

I wonder if Gabriel didn't get the position he wanted on the team for the year?
To break a phone is no bueno.
Assuming he did it himself.
I too, unfortunately, feel this may be an act of self-harm. Whether it's related to the football team, or a relationship. As I mentioned upthread, his FB page includes a video of him wall (rock) climbing with the caption..."Been pushing hard recently." It appears on the surface he's very driven, dedicated, so accepting "failure" or something less than he expected may be hard to accept...imo.

The teen’s car was found near 171st Avenue Southeast and Tilley Road Southwest near Tenino on a private drive, according to TCSO. Davies was last seen walking northbound near Wright Road Southeast and Tilley Road Southwest, which is a few miles north of where Davies’ car was found.

Detectives said they found a small amount of blood in Davies' truck and that items were "strewn" about. Davies' cell phone was found "shattered" on the ground nearby.

A private business parking lot such as a market is often referred to as a private drive but in this case, viewing the intersection of 171st AVE SE and Tilley Rd SW (google maps), this is a very rural area so I think a private drive may be in reference to a gravel road that dead ends (leads to a private residence). I'm sad to read that GD's phone was shattered and that there appears to have been a struggle. It's not sounding like he disappeared voluntarily but more like he was abducted. MOO

ETA: link to intersection

Blood found inside truck, items strewn about and his cell phone found smashed.

But then later seen walking to a state park? (That bit doesn't fit the 'foul play' scenario.)

I wonder if he was in a very upset and angry state of mind, or had undiagnosed depression? Maybe this was a mental breakdown of sorts?

Perhaps the blood was from a self-harming attempt?

The phone was destroyed in anger?

I do wonder why he didn't just drive straight to the state park? (But perhaps that was an afterthought?)

I don't necessarily think foul play, unless the sighting of him walking is mistaken identity and it was actually someone else.
If it wasn't for that sighting and he just 'disappeared' from his truck, then foul play would make more sense.

MOO.

I too, unfortunately, feel this may be an act of self-harm. Whether it's related to the football team, or a relationship. As I mentioned upthread, his FB page includes a video of him wall (rock) climbing with the caption..."Been pushing hard recently." It appears on the surface he's very driven, dedicated, so accepting "failure" or something less than he expected may be hard to accept...imo.
Did you manage to find a link to his FB page that you're quoting? I can't find one anywhere.

I do wonder why he didn't just drive straight to the state park? (But perhaps that was an afterthought?)

This is an interesting thought and question. It also made me wonder how well he knows this area? For his car to be left in a private residence’s driveway and then he (maybe) takes off on foot in a direction toward the state park, seems to me that he is familiar with the area? Especially without a phone to guide his direction.

After watching the presser, it appears LE are working hard to bring this young man home.

It’s refreshing when LE says we aren’t treating this as a run away, IMO.

I hope they can bring him home soon.

This is an interesting thought and question. It also made me wonder how well he knows this area? For his car to be left in a private residence’s driveway and then he (maybe) takes off on foot in a direction toward the state park, seems to me that he is familiar with the area? Especially without a phone to guide his direction
I'm wondering if Gabriel knows the family whose driveway he parked in/beside?

This is an interesting thought and question. It also made me wonder how well he knows this area? For his car to be left in a private residence’s driveway and then he (maybe) takes off on foot in a direction toward the state park, seems to me that he is familiar with the area? Especially without a phone to guide his direction.
The state park is a few miles north of where his car was found, so he would have had to drive past it on the way down....
So, he dumped his car and then walked back north?? It's all very odd.

MOO.

9/1/22

South of the state capital, FBI agents are part of a huge effort to find a missing 17-year-old.

Thurston County Sheriff Lt. Cameron Simper says Gabriel Davies disappeared on his way to football practice at Olympia High. Davies was seen last seen near Tenino late yesterday afternoon.

Lt. Simper says the teen’s abandoned car was found in a family’s driveway. According to eyewitnesses, they saw Davies walking alone in the area.

[..]

Davies’ family said what has happened on Wednesday is out of character for Gabriel.

“We have to look at the behavior of an individual,” Simper said. “The pattern of behavior and this is uncharacteristic of Gabriel. We’re not going to push this aside as a runaway. That’s why we’re taking it seriously and will explore every tip and avenue to make sure that we bring Gabriel home safely.”

At this point, his disappearance is being called suspicious by the sheriff’s department.

I wonder if he smashed up the phone on purpose so he couldn't be found/traced afterwards. .?

Or maybe it was just a moment of anger/depression etc. etc.??

I hope LE get a helicopter out tonight with night-vision to fly over Millersylvania State Park so they may be able to see where he is?

I wonder if he smashed up the phone on purpose so he couldn't be found/traced afterwards. .?

Or maybe it was just a moment of anger/depression etc. etc.??

I hope LE get a helicopter out tonight with night-vision to fly over Millersylvania State Park so they may be able to see where he is?
I'm open to that. I wonder if he had a fight with a girlfriend or some sort of emotional event.

Although a crime is on the table, i'm just not seeing it with the facts so far.

A small plane has just made a circle over Millersylvania State Park.

I'm not sure whether it's to do with Gabriel's disappearance, but it seems a strange coincidence.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220902-015016~2.png
    Screenshot_20220902-015016~2.png
    568.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20220902-015139~2.png
    Screenshot_20220902-015139~2.png
    576.2 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online