WA - Gabriel Davies, 16, suspicious circ, didn't arr at HS football prac, veh found near Tenino, Olympia, 31 August 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1662041653690.png

Thurston County Sheriff Facebook:

*** MISSING JUVENILE***

The Thurston County Sheriff’s Office is requesting assistance in locating 17-year-old Gabriel Davies who is missing under suspicious circumstances.

.Gabriel left his home in Olympia at approximately 4pm today to attend football practice at Olympia High School but he never arrived. Gabriel’s vehicle has been located near the 16100 block of Tilley Rd S. Near Tenino.

If you have immediately useful information please call dispatch at 360-704-2740. General information can be provided at detectives@co.thurston.wa.us

Thurston County deputies are asking for the public's help in locating a teen who they say is "missing under suspicious circumstances."

17-year-old Gabriel Davies left his home in Olympia around 4 p.m. on Aug. 31 to attend football practice at Olympia High School, according to deputies.

Davies never arrived at practice and his vehicle was located about 14 miles from the high school near Tenino.

If you have information on Davies' whereabouts or when he was last seen, contact the Thurston County Sheriff's Office at 360-704-2740. General information can be provided at detectives@co.thurston.wa.us

What a handsome young man. Interesting that his car was found 14 miles from the school. I can't imagine what his parents are going through. Praying he is found soon and safe!
Agreed. The only scenario that I can think of that would have a decent outcome is if he chose to go missing. The others are terrifying to me. JMO. I hope they find him soon!

Gabriel's mother, AO, has made several comments on the Thurston County Sheriff's Facebook page. She says that his correct age is 16. See her reply to a comment by NB-S which gives some information about how the search is being conducted.

ETA: Also see post by SA in comments. It is a copy of a post his mother made on another page. This is very scary.

Last edited:
Gabriel's mother, AO, has made several comments on the Thurston County Sheriff's Facebook page. She says that his correct age is 16. See her reply to a comment by NB-S which gives some information about how the search is being conducted.

Oh my. Thank you for sharing that.

Thurston County Sheriff posted an update:

***UPDATE 09/01/22 @ 7:41 am***
TCSO Detectives received information that Gabriel was seen walking alone, northbound near the 15000 block of Tilley Rd S at approximately 5:30 pm last night. This is just north of where his vehicle was located at the 16100 block of Tilley Rd S. TCSO Search and Rescue resources will be in the area today.

ETA: Also see post by SA in comments. It is a copy of a post his mother made on another page. This is very scary.

The Thurston County Sheriff's office posted this update this morning. Wondering if his vehicle broke down? Or why he would abandon is vehicle?

TCSO Detectives received information that Gabriel was seen walking alone, northbound near the 15000 block of Tilley Rd S at approximately 5:30 pm last night. This is just north of where his vehicle was located at the 16100 block of Tilley Rd S. TCSO Search and Rescue resources will be in the area today.

Thurston County Sheriff posted an update:

I wonder if this info was from a surveillance cam or where it came from. If it is definitely him, I’d say it gives some hope that it was a less nefarious situation than previously thought. The earlier replies from mom on the sheriff’s original post are more concerning though. Gosh this is scary all around.

I wonder if this info was from a surveillance cam or where it came from. If it is definitely him, I’d say it gives some hope that it was a less nefarious situation than previously thought. The earlier replies from mom on the sheriff’s original post are more concerning though. Gosh this is scary all around.
I just Google Mapped it, maybe I'm missing something (Which is possible) but it looks very desolate I didn't see any houses in the 15000 block area. I did see a driveway at 15015 but it looks to be deserted?? Maybe I'm in the wrong spot.

I just Google Mapped it, maybe I'm missing something (Which is possible) but it looks very desolate I didn't see any houses in the 15000 block area. I did see a driveway at 15015 but it looks to be deserted?? Maybe I'm in the wrong spot.
Yeah not much but trees on parts of that road. But I did see one or two private property signs. I wonder if there is any trail cams.

For additional information, it looks like classes start on Wednesday, September 7th @ Olympia High School where Gabriel is attending. At age 16, guessing he may be entering his Sophomore year. Since it was noted he was heading to football practice, the teams first game is Thursday, September 8th.

For additional information, it looks like classes start on Wednesday, September 7th @ Olympia High School where Gabriel is attending. At age 16, guessing he may be entering his Sophomore year. Since it was noted he was heading to football practice, the teams first game is Thursday, September 8th.
Would they have school football practice before the school semester even started?

Or do you think "football practice" was an excuse he told his mother as to why he wouldn't be at home that afternoon/evening?

Would they have school football practice before the school semester even started?

Or do you think "football practice" was an excuse he told his mother as to why he wouldn't be at home that afternoon/evening?
Yes, I’d say very normal to have practice before school starts. Usually they’ll do weights/conditioning all summer until they can officially start practicing per state regulation,~1-2 weeks before school starts.

Yes, it's very common in High School football to have practices before the actual school year starts. Many years ago when I was in HS, we had a 2 hour morning practice and a 2 hour afternoon practice for two weeks before school started. When my son was in High School, he had a similar schedule.

We always had practices for sports and band before school started or the year because games start relatively quickly. That’s an “in general” statement as I can’t speak for his specific school, but I see nothing suspicious there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa