Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted while jogging 4:30 am, forced into SUV, Central Ave near Univ of M, personal items found, Memphis 2 Sept 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If she was on video being forced into the vehicle around 4:30am, and if that happened several miles from her home, then she must have set out on her run considerably earlier than that -- maybe closer to 3:30am?

I know that's not unheard of with ultra runners, especially this time of year and in humid areas, but it does strike an odd chord in my mind. It's just SO early that it makes me question the whole scene.

MOO

So a little over an hour ago, I took a drive by her house. There were two cars from Channel 5 there and they looked like they were about to interview someone. There was also someone taking photos of the house. Before that, I was hanging out at Overton Park where police were searching late last night. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary there. On the way home I drove by the University and where she was taken. The route from her house all the way down Central seems kind of dangerous especially the intersection of Central and E Parkway which is very wide. It goes by the Liberty Bowl stadium which is not in the best part of town then there’s a sharp curve on Central.

Also at 2:30 this morning there was a bad wreck just a few blocks west of where she was taken. It was at Central and Highland which is also a bad intersection. Someone unfortunately died.

Runners are resourceful when it comes to using their phones for music or podcasts while running. (Swimmers used to be able to buy a setup called 'AquaTunes' that allow them to listen while swimming laps.) Arm bands are popular, but I don't see one on Eliza's arms. Triathletes use a belt over or under their shirt that can carry it but it doesn't appear here either. Women also use their sports bras to either clip it on the back or just stick it in the bra. I still have my old Inside/Out training shorts that have a pocket and they have a drawstring so there is more support for the shorts with a phone in the pocket.

I never listened to music when I jogged even though I had an Ipod Mini that I could have clipped to my shirt. And I absolutely, under no condition, ever listen to music when bike riding. I would advise any lady who jogs to not listen to music as it hinders your situational awareness.

Lining up the image of the SUV (stripes, traffic light, and median curb) to Google maps, which way would the SUV have been traveling on Central?
In this video it says the SUV was seen headed westbound. You can also see LE pick up the shears off the porch.

@RebeccaB_TV

Brief breakdown of what MPD investigators collected/bagged as evidence yesterday at the home of #ElizaFletcher. Praying for her safe return
11:51 AM · Sep 3, 2022 from Memphis, TN

The evidence tag shears are mentioned at the below link sorry I can't copy and paste right now

From your link.

Less than 24 hours after the abduction, police were at Fletcher’s home and were seen towing a white SUV from the scene. A computer and a pair of lawn shears were tagged as evidence and removed from the home, local ABC24 reported.

If she was on video being forced into the vehicle around 4:30am, and if that happened several miles from her home, then she must have set out on her run considerably earlier than that -- maybe closer to 3:30am?

I know that's not unheard of with ultra runners, especially this time of year and in humid areas, but it does strike an odd chord in my mind. It's just SO early that it makes me question the whole scene.

MOO
If she's five miles from home and the average female runner her age runs a mile in 12.3 minutes then yes she'd have to have left her home around 3am. That seems a bit extreme. But maybe she puts her kids to bed at 8pm and then goes to bed herself She wakes up at 3am, does her run and returns home before her husband sets out on his bike at 5 am? If they are both very athletic people this could be their routine.

So a little over an hour ago, I took a drive by her house. There were two cars from Channel 5 there and they looked like they were about to interview someone. There was also someone taking photos of the house. Before that, I was hanging out at Overton Park where police were searching late last night. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary there. On the way home I drove by the University and where she was taken. The route from her house all the way down Central seems kind of dangerous especially the intersection of Central and E Parkway which is very wide. It goes by the Liberty Bowl stadium which is not in the best part of town then there’s a sharp curve on Central.
Was there a police presence where she was abducted still?

If she's five miles from home and the average female runner her age runs a mile in 12.3 minutes then yes she'd have to have left her home around 3am. That seems a bit extreme. But maybe she puts her kids to bed at 8pm and then goes to bed herself She wakes up at 3am, does her run and returns home before her husband sets out on his bike at 5 am? If they are both very athletic people this could be their routine.
Eliza was not an average runner. Her training pace was likely several minutes faster per mile. If she was 5 miles from home, she may have been running a 10-mile out-and-back course which she might finish comfortably in around 1.5 hours.

Not to get too hung up on this.. but if she is someone that has qualified for a Boston Marathon, I am sure she runs a mile in a faster time. My fiance is an avid runner, and she said she would most likely be 5 miles away from home in about 40-45 minutes.

Former Washington, D.C., homicide detective Ted William says Memphis teacher Eliza Fletcher’s abduction is either “random” or “pre-planned,” which is what police are likely trying to determine as they search for the missing woman.

“This abduction of Eliza Fletcher in Memphis is suspect…for many reasons,” Williams told Fox News Digital. “One, law enforcement are trying to determine whether this was a legitimate abduction or whether this was something that was pre-planned.”

Williams says he has seen many such cases in which criminals stalk their targets on their consistent running or exercise routes.

“The…authorities are going to go back in the past few weeks to see if they can see that vehicle anywhere in the area of which she jogs,” Williams said, adding that “video is going to be instrumental in locating that vehicle.”

“I find it very interesting that law enforcement would tow away the vehicle at [Fletcher’s] home. … All of those things factor in,” Williams said. “Law enforcement is trying to find out what really was the [connection between] a woman jogging at 4:30 in the morning and a video that appears to show that she’s been abducted.”

Former Washington, D.C., homicide detective Ted William says Memphis teacher Eliza Fletcher’s abduction is either “random” or “pre-planned,” which is what police are likely trying to determine as they search for the missing woman.

The Memphis Police Department (MPD) says Fletcher, 34, was abducted and forced into a dark-colored SUV on Friday around 4:20 a.m. while she was on a run near the University of Memphis.

“This abduction of Eliza Fletcher in Memphis is suspect…for many reasons,” Williams told Fox News Digital. “One, law enforcement are trying to determine whether this was a legitimate abduction or whether this was something that was pre-planned.”

Williams says he has seen many such cases in which criminals stalk their targets on their consistent running or exercise routes.

Lol, it's good to know that someone who actually knows what he's talking about has the same issues I have.

If its true that Liza is the grand daughter of a billionaire and supposedly friends of a federal judge, could it be possible someone is carrying out a vendetta? My other question: has LE given a description of the male seen on the video who allegedly abducted Liza?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa