Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does that go for the 2013 crv she had or is there a time limit on that car? Eg, if she had opened the door enough to unlatch or trigger that and then tried to open the window would it go down or not. Or does that not matter since they're supposed to work underwater regardless of this all.
I am not sure, I was just responding about the time limit question on automatic windows going down after car turned off in the 2004 Accord. I would think all Hondas would have that feature though. It is a safety feature.

Last edited:
I am not sure, I was just responding about the time limit question on automatic windows going down after car turned off in the 2004 Accord. I would think all Hondas would have that feature though. It is a safety feature.
I'm not sure either.

Back in the day something like that would probably involve capacitors and relays. Today it is probably something the size of a pin head in a module somewhere.

@RANCH might know.

I'm not sure either.

Back in the day something like that would probably involve capacitors and relays. Today it is probably something the size of a pin head in a module somewhere.

@RANCH might know.
Probably a module. A BCM (body control module) is common on newer cars.

Fair enough, although I do find it hard to believe LE didn't secure the roads leading down to the lake while AWP did their search!

And also surprised that nobody from the sheriff's office, the FBI or any LE authority was there to supervise. Not even a National Parks representative. No-one.

MOO.
LE had told them Prosser had been searched. My guess is that they find something call us. LE may have felt nothing was there.
moo

If they did confirm it was Kiely, why not show the evidence confirming it was her. It seems improper in either case. If it was her and there is evidence, presumably LE is investigating and this information may hurt the investigation. If they haven't confirmed, why put the insinuation out there?

I suspect we will find out that AWP did not have confirmation but believed TTG and thought LE were not investigating or they wanted to create a storyline like a Dateline episode.
This is pure speculation on my part <modsnip>. It is entirely possible that LE gave the green light to the AWP video or at least didn't ask them not to publish it. AWP has more latitude than LE in what they can publish. If LE wants to see how various potential POIs react to information, they might be okay with a third party who doesn't have their constraints putting their opinion out there and seeing what happens. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
This is pure speculation on my part <modsnip>. It is entirely possible that LE gave the green light to the AWP video or at least didn't ask them not to publish it. AWP has more latitude than LE in what they can publish. If LE wants to see how various potential POIs react to information, they might be okay with a third party who doesn't have their constraints putting their opinion out there and seeing what happens. <modsnip>

I completely disagree and if LE did do this then shame on them for it too. All this has done is profile Jagger and put him in the line of online harassment and bullying from people when he's trying to grieve. I feel there is absolutely no merit to that tip and the reason I believe that is becuase if she was last seen with someone at 11AM the day after that party and there was bodycam footage to prove that then LE would have released it ASAP as the guy she was with would be the last person to see her alive. I don't think there is any truth to the TTG tip at all and I'm with those who feel it should have been left out of the AWP video.

I completely disagree and if LE did do this then shame on them for it too. All this has done is profile Jagger and put him in the line of online harassment and bullying from people when he's trying to grieve. I feel there is absolutely no merit to that tip and the reason I believe that is becuase if she was last seen with someone at 11AM the day after that party and there was bodycam footage to prove that then LE would have released it ASAP as the guy she was with would be the last person to see her alive. I don't think there is any truth to the TTG tip at all and I'm with those who feel it should have been left out of the AWP video.
Maybe. Or maybe there are facts known to both LE and AWP that we do not know. It is not unusual for LE not to disclose information in order to pursue an investigation. Example that in suspected murder cases, they often do not release details that only the murderer would know because the guilty person could indicate through words or actions that they know it. If they disclosed it to the public, they would compromise their investigation.

I am surprised given how high profile this case is that LE has not given any updates especially after the AWP video and Doug from AWP doing YT/Podcast interviews + Q&A’s detailing what they found and how they think a lot more things will come out from the LE investigation soon - basically implying foul play…is it normal for LE to just leave it now until they are ready to report their findings?

Impatient, I wondered repeatedly why LE didn't give a presser.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Will be interesting to see if there ever are any public releases/statements regarding this "tip"
I wonder how much of it would ever be made public given that she was a legal child.

That's just it. We believe the airbags may have deployed based on previous discussion and stills other members captured.

I might be wrong, but those look recent to me--there are similar on opposite side I cannot quite screenshot-- and they look like"bumper dings" to me.
From the underwater video and the recovery video and the still images I have seen from both I personally see no signs that any airbag deployed.

Does that go for the 2013 crv she had or is there a time limit on that car? Eg, if she had opened the door enough to unlatch or trigger that and then tried to open the window would it go down or not. Or does that not matter since they're supposed to work underwater regardless of this all.
IF a door was opened after key was removed the power to roll a window down would stop. I do not know of any vehicle that a person could roll windows down after removing key and opening a door.

Not sure about that age of Honda but many newer vehicles are designed to be able to roll windows down underwater (at least for a short time) in case of an accident

Hey guys today in India (as of 5th september 2022) we celebrate teacher's day. September 5th is the birth anniversary of a great teacher Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, who was a staunch believer of education and was a well-known diplomat, scholar, the President of India and above all, a teacher.

The Kiely Rodni case i started following around 18th August and i was pretty late but it has taught me so many things. I evolved as a person and learnt about car-water accidents.

Every accident/incident teaches everyone who wants to be taught, a great deal.
On this teacher's day i would sincerely like to thank Kiely and all the WB family.

Kiely, i'm sure whereever you are you are at peace and happiness is surrounding you. knowing that, your family, loved ones and us are at ease. You are loved and will forever be remembered in our hearts as a amiable and lively teen <3

A window was shattered; differing opinions as to passenger or driver side of the vehicle. Investigation would show whether from the inside or outside. Were the doors locked? Keys in the ignition?

These are very fundamental questions I have. Not enough facts for me. Interesting case, but too much assumption.

Impatient, I wondered repeatedly why LE didn't give a presser.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>
Is CHIP part of LE you are referring to? I knew the case had been turned over to them, but not being from California, I don't know exactly what they do or what department they fall under. Thnks.

I completely concur. Thank you.

A window was shattered; differing opinions as to passenger or driver side of the vehicle. Investigation would show whether from the inside or outside. Were the doors locked? Keys in the ignition?

These are very fundamental questions I have. Not enough facts for me. Interesting case, but too much assumption.
And I'm supposing this is what the FBI is investigating and answers should and will come from them. JMO

Is CHIP part of LE you are referring to? I knew the case had been turned over to them, but not being from California, I don't know exactly what they do or what department they fall under. Thnks.
What is CHIP?

Cali Highway Patrol? No. Placer County Sheriff's Office held the case but, if I remember correctly, handed it over to Nevada County after the discovery of KR and her car. Along with the FBI and other agencies, NCSO is heading the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname