Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip - quoted post was removed for violation of TOS>
AWP is doing what everyone of us here at WS is doing. They are giving their opinion without revealing any information that LE wants to keep to themselves. The only difference between what we do as True Crime Websleuths and AWP is that they are being bombarded by people who have blogs and overexposed, in my opinion. We need a group like this to find the missing people whose families need answers. I think it would be a good idea if Tricia invited them on our Youtube site for an interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the fun's already been spoiled by the death of one of their own. But as teenagers, many will still think that it won't happen to them.
What I think the community needs is to build some kind of recreational facility that gives these kids a safe alternative to get together and have something to do.
I'm sure part of their "fun" is getting trashed and not being around adults, but I believe there needs to be some cultural change in thinking that this is the only option for teens to get together.

Jmo
Yep, I'll bet that there are many curfews in place right now for some of those teens.

<modsnip> AWP is doing what everyone of us here at WS is doing. They are giving their opinion without revealing any information that LE wants to keep to themselves. The only difference between what we do as True Crime Websleuths and AWP is that they are being bombarded by people who have blogs and overexposed, in my opinion. We need a group like this to find the missing people whose families need answers. I think it would be a good idea if Tricia invited them on our Youtube site for an interview.
I like the idea of Tricia inviting AWP for a live. May clear some things up. Maybe suggest it to her?

Last edited by a moderator:
I conducted a little experiment with my 2013 Honda Pilot. The factory-installed lift strap is really short. There's no way it could get stuck in the tailgate when closed.
Its been mentioned that a hatch pull strap is not factory installed on the CR-V, so the one that her CR-V would have to be an aftermarket model. The Pilot does have a similar hatch pocket handle as the CR-V and they're located in the same area. So if Kiely's CR-V had an aftermarket pull strap that was inserted behind the hatch pull handle and hung out from there it would still be possible that was what was sticking out there. There's still a chance that might be an unrelated strap, belt, or the seat belt from the middle of the backseat.

Its been mentioned that a hatch pull strap is not factory installed on the CR-V, so the one that her CR-V would have to be an aftermarket model... So if Kiely's CR-V had an aftermarket pull strap that was inserted behind the hatch pull handle and hung out from there it would still be possible that was what was sticking out there. There's still a chance that might be an unrelated strap, belt, or the seat belt from the middle of the backseat.
RS&BBM
Yes, @Sparx. I think we're talking about two different belts. The one I was speaking to ^^^ is the factory installed shoulder belt for the rear middle seat, illustrated here. This is the belt another OP said extended 5 feet out of their CR-V's hatch.
Honda CR-V - The Car Seat Lady
1663100471433.png

MOD NOTE:

This post lands at random.

Stop the trashing of the AWP team.

Members may discuss the specifics of the recovery and subsequent information AWP has provided via their podcasts. Members may respectfully question the information or even disagree with it, but do so without sleuthing them and attacking / trashing them in the process. To do otherwise is petty and an embarrassment to Websleuths.

And Stop the Bickering.

Thank you.

Yep, I'll bet that there are many curfews in place right now for some of those teens.
Pretty much everything I have seen and read, since this case began, seems to indicate that very many teens in that town have been allowed the freedom to do whatever they wish for far too long now, with parents and LE allowing the parties in the woods to go on, despite knowing, many from having gone, themselves,when younger, that they are basically just an excuse to get together, away from adults, and drink and do drugs. To believe that parents would think of trying to reel them in at this point, and have much luck in doing so, is quite a reach for me. JMO

Last edited:
AWP is doing what everyone of us here at WS is doing. They are giving their opinion without revealing any information that LE wants to keep to themselves. The only difference between what we do as True Crime Websleuths and AWP is that they are being bombarded by people who have blogs and overexposed, in my opinion. We need a group like this to find the missing people whose families need answers.
I wish this were true, but I’ll have to disagree.
We here at WS do not HAVE information that the police don’t want revealed.
We have opinions, theories, sleuthing skills, but unless we are Verified Insiders on this case, we don’t have facts.

IMO there’s a TREMENDOUS difference between us and AWP. They were there. We were not. They are an integral part of Kiely’s case. We are not.

We are just the public. Wanting to help, yes, but certainly not in the position of LE or AWP.
Pretty much everything I have seen and read, since this case began, seems to indicate that very many teens, if not most, in that town have been allowed the freedom to do whatever they wish for far too long now. To believe that parents would think of trying to reel them in at this point, and have any luck in doing so, is quite a reach for me. JMO
I agree, having raised more than one teenager, but I’m hoping this tragedy will be a catalyst for change.

I know that this party in the woods seems to be a town tradition for generations, but it’s apparent to me that parents and LE now have to confront the truth, that the situation caused Kiely to drown in her car at age 16.
Time to overhaul and make new traditions.
IMO

AWP's video about Jolissa Fuentes is up now. The interview at the beginning with her family members is really touching and informative.

I realize it is another case, but same state and they went missing around the same time, so mentioning for anyone who may be interested. Jolissa is still missing.

I know that this party in the woods seems to be a town tradition for generations, but it’s apparent to me that parents and LE now have to confront the truth, that the situation caused Kiely to drown in her car at age 16.
Time to overhaul and make new traditions.
IMO
Many people (Im afraid majority) live in denial of unpleasant truth or try to minimalise it.

Some even blame others for their own bad choices.

Pretending that these night meetings in the woods are harmless is the example.

To change this situation means changing people's mentality.
Oh, and spending more time with kids explaining the detrimental effects of alcohol and drugs wouldn't be bad either.

MOO

We know now that LE did NOT meticulously documenting the underwater scene. It is astounding to me that the public found the laptop, hairbrush, and other belongings by diving the scene and LE did not. Even after the laptop was found they did not put divers in??
I know a lot of people were against AWP releasing that video, but had they not, no one would have known those items were even in the car.

...I know that this party in the woods seems to be a town tradition for generations, but it’s apparent to me that parents and LE now have to confront the truth, that the situation caused Kiely to drown in her car at age 16....
RSBM
I appreciate your post, @Arkay, but unless you know something the rest of us don't, KR's COD is not yet public. We do not know she drowned.

Sorry to be petty, but it is an important tidbit, IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member