Queen Elizabeth II, longest-reigning British monarch, dead at 96

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Royal family is anything like my family, it was our love and respect for our grandmother that held our family together. She was the common bond that brought us together for holidays, and family events. After her death, we scattered, no longer having a bond to stay connected together.

I believe that King Charles will now be the center of the family, with siblings, nieces, nephews, being less involved with the "royal family". The focus, and holidays, will probably be immediate family, Prince William and his family, with Prince Harry, to a much lesser extent.

This photo of Princess Anne in the cortege that follows her mother's coffin from Balmoral to Edinburgh just epitomizes grief. The grief of a daughter for her dear mother. The grief of a country and the world for their beloved Queen.

This is what needs respect, the grief of Princess Anne, of her other children, of all of Her Majesty's many many friends and subjects.

This photograph will stay with me for a long time.

1662918597136.png

If the Royal family is anything like my family, it was our love and respect for our grandmother that held our family together. She was the common bond that brought us together for holidays, and family events. After her death, we scattered, no longer having a bond to stay connected together.

I believe that King Charles will now be the center of the family, with siblings, nieces, nephews, being less involved with the "royal family". The focus, and holidays, will probably be immediate family, Prince William and his family, with Prince Harry, to a much lesser extent.
She held people together.
Charles isn't like that.

I'm also sad he chartered a private flight to Aberdeen leaving hours after his brother and uncles but perhaps this was because MM was first believed to be traveling with Harry to Balmoral.

The Sussex's spokesperson (Scobie) later reported:

At 4.44pm, Omid Scobie, a journalist widely considered to be one of Meghan's friends, tweeted that the couple's plans had changed and that she now would be staying in Windsor, 'like the Duchess of Cambridge'
^^BBM

Appending to my earlier message about Harry not flying with Wiliam and his uncles to Balmoral. My brother immediately reminded me it has to do with the line of succession when I first posted, but now that it's MSM, I'm sharing:

9/11/22

Prince William and other senior royals faced a mysterious hour-long delay as they rushed to see the Queen before she died on Thursday.

The RAF jet - which also had Prince Andrew, Prince Edward and his wife Sophie on board - had taken off for Balmoral at 2.39pm despite being scheduled to leave at 1.30pm, The Sun reports.

At 3.50pm the plane, a Dassault Falcon, landed at Aberdeen airport. The reason for the last-minute hold-up at RAF Northolt in South Ruislip is not yet known.

Prince Harry was not on the plane and had to make his own journey to Scotland because a crash would have sparked a constitutional crisis, experts have suggested.

She held people together.
Charles isn't like that.
I think many share this opinion @Warwick7. Last June, at the height of former Prime Minister Boris J's ethics scandal around his leadership, I clipped this quote as I thought it was a perfect description of the Queen. And no, I don't equate Charles with satisfying an emotional need. Not at all.

“Less than half of us are likely to feel affection for the current prime minister. We are offered instead the monarch as an individual upon whom we can focus our feelings of national loyalty. She makes no laws but satisfies a strong emotional need.”~C.R.Milne #platinumjubilee

I would never have thought this years ago but what if Camilla will be the one who holds people together.
I am not British, but I personally think that King Charles and his Consort, Camilla, are more or less placeholders for William and Kate.

Prince William and Kate are the future of British royal family. I believe that they will be very involved with all events, with their adorable children.

For the legions of dog lovers who have wondered what will happen to Queen Elizabeth II’s two surviving corgis, there is clarity: One of the queen’s sons will keep the dogs in the family.

The Duke of York, also known as Prince Andrew, and his former wife, Sarah, Duchess of York, will take care of the two corgis, a spokesperson for the duke said Sunday.

It was the duchess who had found the dogs when they were puppies, and the duke who gave them to the queen as gifts, the spokesperson said by email.

The corgis, named Muick and Sandy, will live at Royal Lodge in Windsor, the vast country estate Prince Andrew shares with his ex-wife.

What will happen to the queen’s other dogs, Candy, a dorgi — a cross between a dachshund and a corgi — and Lissy, a cocker spaniel, remains unclear.

Sky News
@SkyNews

The funeral of Queen Elizabeth II will take place at 11am on Monday 19 September at Westminster Abbey. The day of the funeral will be a bank holiday. Details of the service and events in the coming days have been released

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1568689073014935555?s=20&t=RkePjwL8dOyndvoaum_6cw

In Australia we are having a National Day of Mourning (a Public Holiday) on 22nd September.
The delay is because our Prime Minister and other dignatories are flying to London for the Queen's funeral.

Once they get back, the National Day of Mourning will happen ... along with some ceremonial things on that day.
Our Prime Minister says he is very aware that many Aussies are feeling the enormity of the Queen's passing.

The public holiday will be a one-off for 2022 to allow Australians to pay their respects.
"I encourage all Australians, wherever you may be, to take time to pause and reflect on Her Majesty's extraordinary life of service."
A National Memorial Service will be held at 11:00am in the Great Hall of Australian Parliament House in Canberra and will begin with one minute's silence.
It will be broadcast live across the nation.

Many people think that.
My personal thinking is that Charles will serve as Klng for the rest of his life, whether others prefer someone else or not.
In his speech he eluded that he will serve "the time he has left."

At his age, I wouldn't be surprised, sooner than later there will be a King William.

I would never have thought this years ago but what if Camilla will be the one who holds people together.

Camilla and King Charles seem to have a great relationship. If nothing else, I think Camilla will be a steadying force behind the scene. One that will assist the king.

A solid marriage (as the queen also had) can give the husband and wife confidence and security. imo

In his speech he eluded that he will serve "the time he has left."

At his age, I wouldn't be surprised, sooner than later there will be a King William.

He definitely doesn’t have the queens health. I think one of the reasons she held on so long was because she knew Charles will never have the full publics backing. The majority want William to be king and if there was a vote tomorrow Charles wouldn’t have a hope in hell of winning.

Imo

He definitely doesn’t have the queens health. I think one of the reasons she held on so long was because she knew Charles will never have the full publics backing. The majority want William to be king and if there was a vote tomorrow Charles wouldn’t have a hope in hell of winning.

Imo
Exactly...I couldn't have said it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member