Queen Elizabeth II, longest-reigning British monarch, dead at 96

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her Majesty, The Queen will be laid to rest with her beloved husand, sister, and her parents to the sound of a lone piper playing The Skye Boat Song.

So utterly beautiful I'm crying already.

Lyrics (Original lyrics)

Speed, bonnie boat, like a bird on the wing,
Onward! the sailors cry;
Carry the lad that's born to be king
Over the sea to Skye.

Loud the winds howl, loud the waves roar,
Thunderclaps rend the air;
Baffled, our foes stand by the shore,
Follow they will not dare.

Onward! the sailors cry;
Over the sea to Skye.

The Lying in State is closed.

The person who was the captain of the stewards, carrying a rod and wearing a large chain of office, bowed to Her Majesty and walked away, with tears on her cheeks.

The last images of the guards and the catafaque without any visitors was stunning and magnificent in it sadness.

Archbishop of Canterbury

@JustinWelby

Let us pray for the Royal Family as they gather today to commend Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II into the hands of our loving and faithful God. We come together to give thanks for a long life, lived in service to her people and her Saviour, Jesus Christ.

https://twitter.com/DelMody
Derek Momodu
@DelMody

Prince William, Prince of Wales, and his children, Prince George and Princess Charlotte, arrive at Westminster Abbey in London on September 19, 2022, for the State Funeral Service for Britain's Queen Elizabeth II.

Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex are seen on The Mall ahead of The State Funeral of Queen Elizabeth II

Princess Catherine, Prince George, and Princess Charlotte have arrived at Westminster Abbey

Attachments

• 311A3428-7C3B-488B-BA4E-336ABD5845EE.jpeg
    311A3428-7C3B-488B-BA4E-336ABD5845EE.jpeg
    72.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 6F445BAB-4CF9-4426-A7E8-C29061B7A7A5.jpeg
    6F445BAB-4CF9-4426-A7E8-C29061B7A7A5.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 22
  • BE238F81-FC64-4EFF-B108-D94648C51F1D.jpeg
    BE238F81-FC64-4EFF-B108-D94648C51F1D.jpeg
    71.4 KB · Views: 21
  • E8D63E01-C902-4E35-A839-5EFB97B70FC9.jpeg
    E8D63E01-C902-4E35-A839-5EFB97B70FC9.jpeg
    346.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 7F6090A5-ADA8-401C-8E5D-56385587DC8F.jpeg
    7F6090A5-ADA8-401C-8E5D-56385587DC8F.jpeg
    145 KB · Views: 24
Woke up this morning to start morning routine, and turned on the television to our local news channel. They are broadcasting Her late Majesty's funeral live, and without interruption. To give some sense of how much she was loved and respected here in America, I live in a small village. That village is part of a small town, which is part of a rural larger community in New York, and that state in turn, part of America. Yet, even here, on our local news which normally just reports on very local stories about puppies reunited with owners, coverage of the state fair, and snow forecasts in winter, the funeral is being broadcast live without interruption.

In the car, taking my husband to work, also...live coverage and commentary, an American speaking with a man from Newcastle.

For those of us in America, on YouTube BBC 1 (BBC News) has a live broadcast, I'm going to rewind and watch from the beginning.

I know many mourn today. Just wanted to share with those most affected by her loss, how much she was admired here, and will be missed. We had a Revolutionary War, and yet, here we are, several generations later, saying goodbye and paying our respects, as well, from afar. I think that says much. Take good care today, all, and hugs from NY.

Her Majesty, The Queen will be laid to rest with her beloved husand, sister, and her parents to the sound of a lone piper playing The Skye Boat Song.

So utterly beautiful I'm crying already.

Lyrics (Original lyrics)

Onward! the sailors cry;
Over the sea to Skye.

Loud the winds howl, loud the waves roar,
Thunderclaps rend the air;
Baffled, our foes stand by the shore,
Follow they will not dare.

Onward! the sailors cry;
Over the sea to Skye.
Thank you for posting the Skye Boat Song. I love this song and have played it frequently accompanying choirs. It always touches my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Protocol136