GUILTY CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, fake abduction Nov 2016, ARREST MAR 2022 #26

Eight months is a small price to pay.

Was she ever examined by a
independent Psychologist? Diagnosis?

This is my question as well. I have not followed the case until today though.

Her sick fantasies remind me a bit of Leticia S.'s and Leticia's attorneys pushed for psych evals HARD. I am surprised it didn't play a role in SP's sentencing.
She just seems so deeply mentally ill, beyond even "severe" depression and anxiety. It's something that can't be fixed by "accepting responsibility, repenting, etc."

Judge threw the book at her

So happy. I hope she was immediately taken into custody.

Senior U.S. District Judge William B. Shubb gave Papini a longer sentence than the government prosecutors' recommendation, which was 8 months, followed by three years of supervised release.

Papini, 40, also was ordered to pay $309,902 in restitution for losses incurred by the California Victim Compensation Board, the Social Security Administration, the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

“If she had not been caught, she’d still be taking the money and living the lie," Shubb said.
It’s still a slap on the wrist IMO. But it’s vastly more than I expected. I wish she had been taken immediately into custody.

Also, is intensive psychotherapy part of the probation?

From the beginning, this one has definitely been, “expect the unexpected”. I wonder how KP and the kids are doing. Sherri deserves everything she got, and then some. The boyfriend would never have been found without the DNA match. I will never understand how he couldn’t have known a thing.

Even if he initially believed her about fleeing an abusive husband, wouldn’t he have wondered about being asked to hurt her and brand her. Wouldn’t he have said “Woah! Wait just a minute here! What’s going on?” Something is off. JMO

Good. Assuming she'll serve the majority of her sentence it gives Keith time to provide counseling for the children and to adjust to a new way of life. God only knows how badly the kids (and Keith) need help to work through Sheri's abusive treatment of them. She destroyed so many lives with her selfish wants.

I suspect the prison guards are going to have their hands full with this one.
Is he still with her?

So happy. I hope she was immediately taken into custody.

It’s still a slap on the wrist IMO. But it’s vastly more than I expected. I wish she had been taken immediately into custody.

Also, is intensive psychotherapy part of the probation?

I’m glad the judge gave her more than prosecutors asked for. He’s right that if she hadn’t been caught lying because the old boyfriend was found, she’d still be taking the state’s money.

Personally, I don’t think intensive therapy is likely to fix what’s wrong with her.

Even if he initially believed her about fleeing an abusive husband, wouldn’t he have wondered about being asked to hurt her and brand her. Wouldn’t he have said “Woah! Wait just a minute here! What’s going on?” Something is off. JMO
Prior to learning her fate, Papini publicly apologized in court, saying, "I am choosing to humbly accept responsibility."

"I am guilty of lying. I am guilty of dishonor. I stand before you willing to accept, to repent and to concede," Papini said, according to the Sacramento Bee. "What was done cannot be undone. It can never be erased. I am not choosing to stay frozen like I was in 2016. I am choosing to commit to healing the parts of myself that were so very broken."

Yeah, right Sheri, we believe you. You get busy "healing" yourself, you're gonna have lots of "me time" to unfreeze yourself and stuff. Sheesh, sounds like the same old Sheri to me. MOO.

@Lilibet I feel like personality disordered people like her know what type of mates to pick. I read somewhere that people with Munchausen’s syndrome and Munchausen by proxy pick very passive, sort of docile mates who believe whatever they say. Maybe that explains the ex boyfriend?

@MsMarple shes such a drama Queen. So manipulative. That probably how she convinced her family, husband etc and how she convinced the boyfriend to play along.

I really wonder what her family thinks. And whether her husband still supports her. I wouldn’t want her anywhere near my kids if I was him. She’s a danger, IMO.

Keith filed for divorce and sole custody of the children soon after Sheri's arrest.
I hope he got sole custody and that she only has supervised visits. She’s scary.

He also aided and abetted the fraud by picking her up under false pretenses, housing her for multiple days, driving her back into her area, helping her obtain and deploy the shackles, dropping her off on the highway. Suppose she was killed on the highway by a motor vehicle, wouldn't he have been responsible? You don't just drop somebody off on a highway shackled up (even though it was a lame type of shackling). That's gotta be some type of crime.

I mean, it's illegal, I think, to abandon your dog on the highway....

Note on edit: Just imagine if an old boyfriend or girlfriend from years ago asked you to do those things. Just imagine...
Any reasonable person would be like, "You're cray cray. Get the heck out of my life..." Instead, this guy helped produce the entire charade.

Last edited:
Judge threw the book at her

Yes! 18 months in prison. None of this 1 month and 7 months of home detention. The whole entire world has been on home detention for almost 2 years thanks to Covid, that's no kind of punishment for what she did. It's bad enough that she faked a kidnapping, but she milked it for victims' assistance funds, that is beyond the pale! This woman has no shame - her lawyer might have written fancy words on her behalf to try to convince as she does, but I ain't buying it.

Good for this judge.

This is an interesting family dynamic! Living with her husband’s sister and not with her own family. I wonder what Keith thinks of this arrangement. JMO

Outside the courtroom, Papini did not take questions from reporters, and was surrounded by more than a dozen supporters, some of whom hugged her tightly. They included her husband’s sister, with whom she has been living since she split with her husband, who filed for divorce and sought custody of their children after she pleaded guilty.

BBM

This is an interesting family dynamic! Living with her husband’s sister and not with her own family. I wonder what Keith thinks of this arrangement. JMO

Outside the courtroom, Papini did not take questions from reporters, and was surrounded by more than a dozen supporters, some of whom hugged her tightly. They included her husband’s sister, with whom she has been living since she split with her husband, who filed for divorce and sought custody of their children after she pleaded guilty.

BBM
Hmmm…. I think SP presents very sweetly, very charming, very manipulative IMO. This is JMO.
Imagine her husband wouldn’t even know without the investigators and didn’t for years?!

This November, as we celebrate a festive meal with our friends and family, we will remember the Thanksgiving Papini Miracle.
And thank our lucky stars she is now behind bars.
I will never forget coming home to the Thanksgiving Miracle. I am side eyeing a little bit about where she has been staying, and what other secrets might be out there.

He also aided and abetted the fraud by picking her up under false pretenses, housing her for multiple days, driving her back into her area, helping her obtain and deploy the shackles, dropping her off on the highway. Suppose she was killed on the highway by a motor vehicle, wouldn't he have been responsible? You don't just drop somebody off on a highway shackled up (even though it was a lame type of shackling). That's gotta be some type of crime.

I mean, it's illegal, I think, to abandon your dog on the highway....

Note on edit: Just imagine if an old boyfriend or girlfriend from years ago asked you to do those things. Just imagine...
Any reasonable person would be like, "You're cray cray. Get the heck out of my life..." Instead, this guy helped produce the entire charade.
Well the fraud occurred after she showed back up and received both disability and free counseling under false pretenses. He wasn’t part of any of that.

BBM
Good catch! That’s weird.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aab1964