GUILTY CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, fake abduction Nov 2016, ARREST MAR 2022 #26

Judge: Sentencing Sends 'Message that Crime Doesn't Pay'​

During sentencing, U.S. District Judge William B. Shubb called Papini a "manipulator."

"People don't like to be conned," he said, addressing Papini, the Sacramento Bee reported. "And I don't believe those people who were deceived would believe that one month or eight months is sufficient."

Shubb said the longer sentence was meant to deter others from committing similar crimes.

"If I get away with it, I'll get $49,000," he said. "If I don't get away with it, I'll spend one month or eight months…We have to send a message that crime doesn't pay."

In a handwritten statement before her sentence was handed down, Papini apologized for her behavior.\

"I stand before you humbled by the court. I'm so sorry to the many people who have suffered because of me. I thank you all," she said, the Record Searchlight reported.

"I am guilty of lying and dishonor. I trust in this court … and I trust in you," she said. "What was done cannot be undone. I am choosing to humbly accept all responsibility."

Papini must report to prison on Nov. 8.

She should have gone straight to prison, imo. No telling what chaos she'll cause between now and November 8. I do believe that she's going to have a rough time behind bars, the women aren't going to think to much of this hoax. All JMO

She should have gone straight to prison, imo. No telling what chaos she'll cause between now and November 8. I do believe that she's going to have a rough time behind bars, the women aren't going to think to much of this hoax. All JMO

I have a terrible feeling she will commit suicide rather than go to prison. I hope my feeling is wrong.

I have a terrible feeling she will commit suicide rather than go to prison. I hope my feeling is wrong.
I disagree. Women like SP need attention like normal people need air to breathe. In this case, SP is desperate for male attention especially-- it's never enough. I have no doubt that she will attract a male fan base similar to CA that will come complete with marriage proposals. MOO

I disagree. Women like SP need attention like normal people need air to breathe. In this case, SP is desperate for male attention especially-- it's never enough. I have no doubt that she will attract a male fan base similar to CA that will come complete with marriage proposals. MOO

You make a good point. I hope you’re right. I guess I would wonder if SP knows she will attract a male fan base. Although based on the fact that she was in touch with other men while married to KP, she may have that hope.

Nothing special here for SP. Feds have their own system and nobody sentenced is ever immediately surrendered to jail.

It's the same when a federal jury comes back with a guilty verdict -- the sentence by the court typically happens at a minimum, 3 months later. For example, Elizabeth Holmes was found guilty of four charges of fraud by a federal jury in late January and she wasn't scheduled for sentencing by the Court until Sept 26!

And the PA dentist, Larry Rudolph, recently convicted of shooting his wife, Bianca, while on Safari in Zambia, he too was found guilty by a federal jury and his sentencing is not until Feb 2023.

Fortunately, Larry Rudolph was never granted bail so he has to await sentencing sitting in jail. (This case was on 48 hours last Saturday).

Just watched.

Cringy.

She's a shape shifter.

Her posturing... then the second she's alone with K, she stares him down -- then they have a whispered conference, where she assumes new posture and tone. IMO dominance.

I do think LE came down hard on K, only because it's hard to imagine he couldn't have known, been complicit, etc, but I see, after watching S for an hour how puppet mastering she is. Gas lighters are crazy makers. They get normal, logical people to question their own perception, it's awful.

S has probably gotten by her whole life by manipulating other people. Here, she says things like 'I love my husband" and "I would never leave my children" which IMO have no real value except as deflectors. (Never mind that what she did absolutely showed how little she cared for her marriage and family.) 'Don't talk to me like that." "I don't know." It's revolting how she uses those words to try to redirect --

My guess, this is the first time in S's life that her gaslightery didn't work.

I watched how quickly the waterworks stopped when the detectives left the room. She wasn't crying because she was sad or fearful (of K's reaction) or even that her lies were unraveling. IMO 100% she was using her tears for effect and control. I notice her feet. They barely moved. In an hour. She was IMO fully in control of herself, not a natural emotion there. She probably was recalling an injury from her past to summon the tears. She turned them on and off at will.

She may be tiny, but make no mistake, she's no small menace. The emotional damage she's inflicted -- black widow spidery.

IMO there's a word for people like her.

Exhausting.

JMO

But he then didn't say a word when Sherri maintained the lies and falsely received money, etc for years. We all knew about it, so he must have done too, especially seeing that he had such a personal interest. Regardless of kidnapping or no kidnapping, for over 5 years she was conducting a fraud, and he knew it. To my mind, that is aiding and abetting. Mr JR, I find you guilty.

I feel you. It just doesn’t fit the elements of the charge.

I recall thinking at the time (maybe even posted here, not sure) that he might have been thinking along the lines of well, if we just pay off all the bills with this money that came in, it's one less stress to deal with while we recover as a family, from this trauma. I'm not sure, but I think that's probably what I might think, if I were in his shoes.

I don't really know why I feel like defending him but somehow I do, lol. Maybe it's because I despise her so much, for exploiting REAL victims, and for her sickening racism, and the damage she caused to Keith, the kids, and the rest of her family.

jmo
I have such a specific feeling about him. Like he knew in his gut that something was wrong and that she was lying. But definitely wasn’t in on it.

I think he had conflicting emotions and motivations. There’s the sense that he’s played a part in her drama before, sort of supporting her nonsense and acting like whatever crazy thing she was claiming, was real, even though deep down he knew she was exaggerating if not outright lying. My guess is this was a pattern with them: Him being sucked into her drama and play acting in her behalf.

He probably knew something was fishy but he might have simply liked the benefit of the money. However, he probably was also very desperate for her story to be true because otherwise, it was a threat to his manhood (if he suspected she was with a man) and it revealed too much about the narcissistic lengths she would go to, despite how much pain it caused their kids and him.

So, he was constantly trying to prove her right, even though inside he probably knew she was lying.

I bet this isn’t making sense but I’m feeling it. Just some strange psychology going on.

For me, this explains how for some, he looked sort of like he was faking crocodile tears when he was interviews by the media and used performative language such as “her signature long blonde hair had been cut off.”

It could also explain why the authorities don’t seem to like him much. Like they felt he was desperate to prove Sherri was telling the truth. Or maybe that he just thought he needed to act like he wanted to “solve” the case, but inside, he knew this was all b.s.

I don’t know.

"This is my fault -- I was talking to other men... I didn't ask for this... Stupid, so stupid."

This became SP's mantra to excuse her entire behavior in this charade!

And then, after all of this, to know that she climbed out of JR's vehicle, and never said a word to him. Not a thank you, go to hell, call you later, nothing!

And good to know that KP's polygraph was deemed inconclusive. (As compared to JR's exam which was without a doubt, no deception indicated).

An hour of my life that was lost to SP and that I'll never get back! :p SMH...

Naive people usually get their naivety bashed out of them as they go through life. But very few would have their world so violently destroyed as KP. This unhappy story may destroy his trust forever. Poor guy.

I have such a specific feeling about him. Like he knew in his gut that something was wrong and that she was lying. But definitely wasn’t in on it.

I think he had conflicting emotions and motivations. There’s the sense that he’s played a part in her drama before, sort of supporting her nonsense and acting like whatever crazy thing she was claiming, was real, even though deep down he knew she was exaggerating if not outright lying. My guess is this was a pattern with them: Him being sucked into her drama and play acting in her behalf.

He probably knew something was fishy but he might have simply liked the benefit of the money. However, he probably was also very desperate for her story to be true because otherwise, it was a threat to his manhood (if he suspected she was with a man) and it revealed too much about the narcissistic lengths she would go to, despite how much pain it caused their kids and him.

So, he was constantly trying to prove her right, even though inside he probably knew she was lying.

I bet this isn’t making sense but I’m feeling it. Just some strange psychology going on.

For me, this explains how for some, he looked sort of like he was faking crocodile tears when he was interviews by the media and used performative language such as “her signature long blonde hair had been cut off.”

It could also explain why the authorities don’t seem to like him much. Like they felt he was desperate to prove Sherri was telling the truth. Or maybe that he just thought he needed to act like he wanted to “solve” the case, but inside, he knew this was all b.s.

I don’t know.
As someone who married (and eventually divorced) a man just like SP, I sympathise with KP. That kind of person (SP) lives for drama. There is always something happening to or about them. It is so easy to get caught up in their BS and they lie constantly. So much so that you don't know what's true anymore and you doubt everything, even your own gut instincts. They get bored and they manufacture a crisis - my theory is that some part of their brain is damaged and it needs constant stimulation through drama or crises. They also have zero empathy.

Forgive me generalising here, just so much behaviour was very familiar to me watching the videos of KP. JMO and IMO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back